pbdog

The thank you thread

I only just figured out what ARK is, so: 

Thanks to @High Lord November for gifting me a pink sapphire egg when I was sure I wouldn't be quick enough to catch one (my city refuses to run fiber, it's this whole thing).

Thanks to @halean for persistent generosity in trades for unbreedables the same slow internet makes it hard for me to get - first by following up about a public trade and then by asking me what you could catch that I need for 2g prize/kins. 

Thanks to @Yggijo for getting me involved in this site in the first place, including gifting me various staple breeds to get me off the ground early on, and for generally nerding out with me about new releases and stuff in a way that keeps this fun.

Thanks to @Calli Thaala for gifting me the last dragon (I believe it was ice) I needed to complete my elemental triumvirate, and also for just being really cool to EVERYONE on this forum by putting together the easiest-to-follow chart of which spells there were for the most recent Valentine's event (here).

And finally... um... thanks, @Infinis, for modding a bunch of dragon descriptions (OMG it takes me eons just to name them now) which apparently I was impatient about NINE YEARS AGO, and which I only discovered you'd written to follow up with me about in May of this year, upon stumbling into the forum and realizing that I had an inbox with unread messages in it.  

Also I will nominate you and you have no one but yourselves to blame for it, though I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if some or all of you are already ARKing it up.

1 hour ago, Caspod said:

Also I will nominate you and you have no one but yourselves to blame for it, though I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if some or all of you are already ARKing it up.

ARK actually goes by PM. ;) Sounds like you've had some good people helping you.

Thank you to whoever bought a sapphire egg on the market just to release it to the AP for a lucky person to catch! ❤️

On 7/6/2021 at 6:15 PM, Lagie said:

ARK actually goes by PM. ;) Sounds like you've had some good people helping you.

Oh, I know.  I thanked, and then I sent a PM for each.

I want to send out a big thank you to @Paradisiske for the kindnesses they showed me. 💜

Thank you @Hershel for offering that awesome Lineageswap gold. It made my night. :D

Thank you, Long_Before_Sunrise, for the awesome 3 gen Shimmer-scale! It was a very lovely surprise when I logged in today  :3

Thank you to those who posted on my trade. I apologise I left to do other things and that I could only accept one offer 😢

Thank you so much, @Stormphoenix42 and @-1004-, for kindly offering to return my eggs which I accidentally abandoned!  It was so thoughtful of you and I really appreciate you reaching out! You saved my lineage. ❤️

2 hours ago, missy_ said:

Thank you so much, @Stormphoenix42 and @-1004-, for kindly offering to return my eggs which I accidentally abandoned!  It was so thoughtful of you and I really appreciate you reaching out! You saved my lineage. ❤️

@missy_ ☺️ Of course! I've been there, done that!

I had a staterae recently auto-abandon due to my full scroll. I got breed-happy, lucked out, and was immediately mortified, and a few days later, an incredibly generous person tried sending him back to me. I thought about how excited that person must have been to score a staterae in the AP, and I ended up letting them keep it. Their effort was so unexpected and appreciated, it was well worth the loss to make such a kind person happy. ❤

A big Thank you to @MaidMaian823

I auto abandoned a coded 2G WW from Sawtooth that when i bred it i had a headache and a tooth ache. So the code POORU meant a lot to me. They traded back to me for a 2G Wintertide/Shimmerkin. Which i was happy to trade off to them! So happy to get back my little egg that was mocking me!! 

Edited by AngelsSin

Thank you @Rosedamai for gifting me a blue-winged Solstice. Your kindness is much appreciated. 🙏 

Thank you to TJ for breeding his Thuweds so I was able to catch a few on my birthday; I know he didn't do it intentionally, but I'm still really happy that the timing lined up so nicely~

Edited by Myoukin

This isn't really a thank you to anyone specific, but a general thank you:

I joined this site back in 2009 and stopped playing some time in 2010. I came back temporarily in 2015 for maybe a week or two then stopped playing again. Now I am back (I came back maybe right before Christmas?) and I just wanted to show my appreciation to the community for the warm welcome back. I've been wanting to hit 500 grown dragons and get my gold trophy as quickly as possible, and so many people have offered to help me with that goal by giving me low time eggs, giving me hatchies, or offering to incuhatch eggs I already have as I'm also short on BSA dragons.

I hope to one day give back to everyone for being so kind to me. Thank you!

i had wrist surgery right before xmas and wasn't able to send back cookies to everyone kind enough to send me one this year. this is a poor substitute for a cookie, but a heartfelt thank you for thinking of me to these wonderful, talented decorators:

@camelia2

@D-wing

@Tawanda001

@Zhiyi1015

my sincere apologies if i missed anyone!

also thank you to everyone who sent cookies last year... when i'd just had a nerve release done and couldn't participate (😐😑😔). your cookies brightened some dark days enormously! i'm so sorry i never got around to a proper thank you, and my apologies if i miss anyone now - or if i mention you for something that was really only a random delivery. 🐈

so some belated but no less sincere thanks to these super thoughtful and talented decorators, and to the incredibly, ridiculously thoughtful person who spearheaded the 2021 effort (my gift to you is not naming you here :P).

camelia2 again 💚

@Fyrebird

@hoodathunkit

@Keileon

@Moonlightelf

@MoonShark

@nova_wolf

@OMGitsKairi

@Uther_Pendragon

@wyrm_ouroboros

@XDLugia

@xoros

zhiyi1015 again 💚

Edited by miaou

47 minutes ago, miaou said:

i had wrist surgery right before xmas and wasn't able to send back cookies to everyone kind enough to send me one this year. this is a poor substitute for a cookie, but a heartfelt thank you for thinking of me to these wonderful, talented decorators:

@camelia2

@D-wing

@Tawanda001

@Zhiyi1015

my sincere apologies if i missed anyone!

also thank you to everyone who sent cookies last year... when i'd just had a nerve release done and couldn't participate (😐😑😔). your cookies brightened some dark days enormously! i'm so sorry i never got around to a proper thank you, and my apologies if i miss anyone now - or if i mention you for something that was really only a random delivery. 🐈

so some belated but no less sincere thanks to these super thoughtful and talented decorators, and to the incredibly, ridiculously thoughtful person who spearheaded the 2021 effort (my gift to you is not naming you here :P).

camelia2 again 💚

@Fyrebird

@hoodathunkit

@Keileon

@Moonlightelf

@MoonShark

@nova_wolf

@OMGitsKairi

@Uther_Pendragon

@wyrm_ouroboros

@XDLugia

@xoros

zhiyi1015 again 💚

Aw, so sorry to hear about your medical troubles! 🤗

But I'm glad my cookies brought some joy!🫶🏻♥️

May it be 'pay back' for the awesome linages I got from you or through AP😘

Thanks to Fuzzbucket!!  I have been trying to get an Aeon Wyvern and he bred 1 for me and gave it to me the next morning!!  

thanks to the anonymous person who abandoned some market-bought vespines! i was able to grab a pair since ive been struggling to catch them in the cave since i missed the release... also thank you to the anonymous person who abandoned some CB sapphires, my collection is very low so im glad to add them to it :)