TJ09

2016-07-10 - July Release

I just bred myself two of the new hybrid. I used male WR and female Electric, but I will have to try the other way when I have space. I love the eggs! And the hatchies look promising.

As someone who was on at the time of the release, I found it to be very easy to catch all of the eggs I needed and have noticed that there is much less traffic to the site and to the thread. Consider that the Celestial release thread was at 43+ pages at around this time. My new eggs are in two sites and have a little over 300 views.  And there has been a lot less discussion about eggs getting too many views or being too hard to catch even at 10+ hours since the original drop.

Exactly! I cannot understand why this time is so different.

Personally, when we didn't get a release in June or last weekend, I felt a bit deflated and stopped checking as often as I was doing until then. It was pure luck that I arrived home and logged in the cave. Even fell asleep before checking the forum smile.gif

Anyway, I'm glad that there's a new release and particularly because there's an hybrid. I don't collect them but I know many were hoping to get one.

ETA:

@Ayelldee: could be but isn't that true mostly for the Europeans? My... I missed living at home, but July and August were synonyms with "everybody at the beach, cities almost dead" smile.gif

Edited by NotBambi

I'm very happy to have a hybrid! Especially since I was holding on to a few bred eggs that I need for a lineage project. This way, I can do the hybrids a bit later. smile.gif

I noticed the low traffic when I was hunting, also. Vacation time maybe?

Definitely a factor

Just picked up one Alpine and one Forest egg; hoping to get one more of each once my scroll unlocks |D

Caught a CW egg that I'll hatch and breed later-I prefer my hybrids to have CB parents and I surprisingly don't have a CB CW

I really like the new dragons, but I hoped we would get more than just 2 new breeds.

I noticed the low traffic when I was hunting, also. Vacation time maybe?

Definitely a factor

Just picked up one Alpine and one Forest egg; hoping to get one more of each once my scroll unlocks |D

Caught a CW egg that I'll hatch and breed later-I prefer my hybrids to have CB parents and I surprisingly don't have a CB CW

I'm in Europe and it sure as heck isn't vacation time here.... School's still in and everything.

But I was late noticing, and also locked with bred stuff - and I had no trouble at all getting a full basket over the day.

ETA:

@Ayelldee: could be but isn't that true mostly for the Europeans? My... I missed living at home, but July and August were synonyms with "everybody at the beach, cities almost dead" smile.gif

Where I live it is vacation time (even though it's winter), which is precisely why I could be online at the release. So I guess if vacation time was a factor it would be the other way around, with more traffic instead of less? Idk xd.png

I was initially hatchling-locked but they grew up in time for me to get 7 of the CB ones pretty easily even when mixing with other eggs.

Edited by guuvii

New release! Yay!

I'm a day late, but I already got a pair of the CB ones. biggrin.gif Now to get to breeding I guess. Are the bred ones only from the Wave Runner - Electric pairing? I don't have a CB Waverunner, so I'm hoping there's another option.

"It’s time for the first release since the birthday. What a shock."

The only SHOCK I got was that there was no June release, magnified by how tiny July release is after THAT...

Still, finally I could hunt for sth, didn't take long compared to any other release (because of the number of breeds being just 1 catchable breed and the fact so few people are aware there is a release) but still. Can't wait to see the adults!

you're discussing the factor why there are so few hunters? Maybe the fact the release is in the middle of the month while we were getting them in the end of the month for a long while(Exept April)? And combined with just 1 huntable breed?

In my country vast majority of people had a day off because it's sunday + summer holidays.

I think it's the out of schedule + lack of June release ruining the 'routine' of playing DC.

Edited by VixenDra

Sounds plausible, but recent dragon names have been more on the fancy side. Surely a simple Bolt or Storm Dragon would sound too pedestrian compared to Anagallis, Pyralspite, Mutamore or Magelight.  tongue.gif

I'm not arguing with that, but I'm saying that it will probably BEGIN with Bolt and Storm.

Actually, iirc the "storm" dragons' official names are "grey dragons."

It's not. If you look on the third paragraph on the dragon's description, it calls them "Storm Dragons"

Sure, they sort on a user's scroll as "Gray" but Guardians of Nature sort as "Lugia" and who calls them that?

Edited by Pikathelord

How often are these dragons dropping in the biomes? Haven't really seen any more, I'm beginning to wonder if they'll be uncommon/rare.

It's not. If you look on the third paragraph on the dragon's description, it calls them "Storm Dragons"

Sure, they sort on a user's scroll as "Gray" but Guardians of Nature sort as "Lugia" and who calls them that?

The Storms used to be called Greys, but they were often referred to as Storms in the community, and that seems to have changed them. So they are Grey dragons historically and Storm dragons now. smile.gif

How often are these dragons dropping in the biomes? Haven't really seen any more, I'm beginning to wonder if they'll be uncommon/rare.

Oh please, let's not start with the "they will be rare" fears that benefit only some traders. The new release is quite easier to catch. There are 18 hours that they are around and everybody I know was able to get multiples.

Just got a striking egg from the Forest. I now have three from the Alpine and one from the Forest. And I'm locked again.

I didn't see the new release until an hour ago, and I agree it's been really easy to get them, even with them being mixed in.

Edited by Marie19R

Oh please, let's not start with the "they will be rare" fears that benefit only some traders. The new release is quite easier to catch. There are 18 hours that they are around and everybody I know was able to get multiples.

I was just asking, pretty sure it's a valid question. There wasn't a mention about trading benefits at all.

I was just asking, pretty sure it's a valid question. There wasn't a mention about trading benefits at all.

Yeah it is a valid question no reason to attack them

These are still dropping a lot in the forest but the ones in the alpine seem to get snatched up quicker

"It’s time for the first release since the birthday. What a shock."

The only SHOCK I got was that there was no June release, magnified by how tiny July release is after THAT... 

Still, finally I could hunt for sth, didn't take long compared to any other release (because of the number of breeds being just 1 catchable breed and the fact so few people are aware there is a release) but still. Can't wait to see the adults!

you're discussing the factor why there are so few hunters? Maybe the fact the release is in the middle of the month while we were getting them in the end of the month for a long while(Exept April)? And combined with just 1 huntable breed?

In my country vast majority of people had a day off because it's sunday + summer holidays.

I think it's the out of schedule + lack of June release ruining the 'routine' of playing DC.

While I agree with the first part of your post, I'll not comment... I'm trying to not get warned smile.gif

On the reasons for few hunters, I can agree too. But that means that the few that are around don't need to deal with "catching problems" and the drama that ensues. So, that's good for them.

@CellyBean: I wasn't attacking anybody. If you want to start a fight, I'm not interested.

Edited by NotBambi

I'm so excited for new dragons. biggrin.gif I caught 3 already and I'm so beyond thankful that the other is a hybrid.

While I agree with the first part of your post, I'll not comment... I'm trying to not get warned smile.gif

On the reasons for few hunters, I can agree too. But that means that the few that are around don't need to deal with "catching problems" and the drama that ensues. So, that's good for them.

@CellyBean: I wasn't attacking anybody. If you want to start a fight, I'm not interested.

I'm not trying to start a fight but your comment looked like to me very clearly that you were attacking her or at least putting her down

Last night when the release started, I was hunting with five people in the forest. I have to admit that was very nice. Love a stress free release.

Please take personal disagreements to PM if you want to continue to discuss them. Otherwise, please simply report posts that you believe need moderated.

Hate to admit coastal waverunner is one of those eggs I can no longer remember the description of, at least not without seeing one in cave. New love for these older breeds is a great thing.

Edited by Ashywolf

Holy crud, that dragon looks amazing!

But how do I get the 2nd egg? Can anyone help me?

Edited by DanielDragonist

Holy crud, that dragon looks amazing!

But how do I get the 2nd egg? Can anyone help me?

electric x coastal waverunner for the non-CB egg