TJ09

2016-07-10 - July Release

Indeed, Coastal Waverunners and Electrics are definitely breeds that aren't very popular, but hopefully their popularity skyrockets from this new Hybrid!

Thanks TJ and Spriters for a wonderful release!

Exactly! I cannot understand why this time is so different.

Celestials were released on April 1st- a "pseudo-holiday" on DC if you will. On top of this, they had the mystery surrounding their BSA that people were discussing and debating which lead to more traffic on the forum, and likewise more people scrambling to get extras as we knew they'd be a special breed.

There's always a reason(s) why certain releases get more traffic than others that doesn't relate to release times/when people are online smile.gif

Interesting, this is probably one of the slower release threads I've seen myself, though I don't glue myself to the forum anywhere near as much as I used to

I believe one of the reasons why traffic on forums is slow is because the breeding combination to get the hybrid was discovered so quickly!

I've managed to egg lock myself.. that hadn't happened for a long time. Yay.

ouch just got back from an 11 hour drive from vacation and theres a release on the day im driving

bred two of the hybrids thankfully, made a freezie on accident, got three of the cb ones and misclicked an olive

over all not too bad in terms of catching, wish i had actually taken the time to even my ratios of cbs but i have enough to make a few more hybrids i think

Edited by renlacarne

I like the S2 hatchies so far. :3 I can't wait to see what the adults look like!! <3

I think the hybrid hatchie looks kinda like a gargoyle from the show "Gargoyles" that aired here in America several years back. O.o~ I do appreciate the strong blues and golds of both of them though. <3 The new dragon seems to be very fish-like and have strong scaling patterns there. O.o

Definitely won't be dimorphism from what I see because there's only two of each that TJ caught. xd.png Then again I influenced all my eggs both ways just in case. xd.png

I was away during the weekend but I am glad that the eggs are still dropping and are relatively easy to catch during the 5 minutes drops. I managed to grab 7 new eggs. I will breed the hybrids later.

Ooh the hatchies look interesting. I wonder what they'll grow up into.

Thanks TJ and Spriters!

I was not expecting a release this early in the month, so am/was scroll locked wit Project eggs..

But I know I can still pick up CBs or trade for them.

biggrin.gif

I unlocked and was able to pick 2 more from the biomes (1 Alpine, 1 Forest) very easily. A stress-free release is nice. smile.gif

It is funny how I had been preparing for a release ever since the last week of June. But last weekend, I was out of the city and locked myself with hatchlings from the abandoned page. (I actually filled 21 out of 21 slots for eggs and hatchlings!)

I am late but yay, new release! Thank you TJ and spriters! happy.gif I got five eggs of the new caveborn dragon when some of my hatchlings grew up. As for the hybrid dragon, I will attempt to breed when I have more space. It was a pleasant surprise to have a hybrid release especially since I expressed my want for a hybrid release in the topic speculating this month's release. happy.gif

Anyway, the hatchlings look great!

For all the ones who wonder if the eggs are still dropping:

Yes, just try to grab the eggs in the Alpine or Forest biome on xx:05, xx:10, and every 5 minutes later.

Egg description is

This egg has a striking pattern.

The other breed is a hybrid so up to this point we know that Coastal Waverunner and Electric can produce this new breed. And please keep in mind there is no 100% change to get your hybrid on first breeding attempt.

Where do the eggs sort? I might have a good idea what the names might be but I don't want to have made up where they sorted (I was thinking about it last night like right before I fell asleep and for all I know I could have dreamt up where they sorted laugh.gif )

Where do the eggs sort? I might have a good idea what the names might be but I don't want to have made up where they sorted (I was thinking about it last night like right before I fell asleep and for all I know I could have dreamt up where they sorted laugh.gif )

Biome Release: This dragon sorts between Blusang Lindwurms and Bright-Breasted Wyverns.

Hybrid Release: This dragon sorts between Stone Dragons and Striped Dragons.

happy.gif

//Edit: I would like to acknowledge Dragon Cave Wiki for this!

Edited by Natevaelle

Biome Release: This dragon sorts between Blusang Lindwurms and Bright-Breasted Wyverns.

Hybrid Release: This dragon sorts between Stone Dragons and Striped Dragons.

happy.gif

Awesome, thanks!

Well, there goes my idea of Maelstrom. And Squall-Something. Hmmmm.....

Well, there goes my idea of Maelstrom.

Oooh. Maelstorm would have been a nice name. I like how it sounds.

Here's the rumor on the Dragon Cave Wiki about the hybrid release name: This dragon's name could begin with "Storm" considering the sorting placement and hatchling description.

Storm Gale? Storm Wind?

Thanks TJ and Spriters!

I was not expecting a release this early in the month, so am/was scroll locked wit Project eggs..

But I know I can still pick up CBs or trade for them.

biggrin.gif

he had been doing the first saturday of the month for a while. I think as long as it did not fall after the last day of the month... - I think. Don't quote me on it.

Starscream, I think you are right, but that was his schedule when he was doing the regular monthly releases. Then when he decided to discontinue those he seemed to jump to the last weekend of the month. But we just need to remember that Bossman is not predictable! laugh.gif

The Bossman himself told us that releases will be unregulary but then he let them happen with a regular pattern... Of course most of us are confused but if you pay attention to my signature i expected this broken pattern. The Bossman doesn't do predictable. It is a quote out of another news thread from, sorry i forgotten the name.

I have to wait before i can finally breed my first new Hybrid breed dragon egg.

Edited by Tigerkralle