TJ09

2016-07-10 - July Release

Two egg slots free and my first shocking new hybrid is there. The second pair refused, but i have enough other dragons to find a pair that will give me my second egg.

Hopefully the glitch that do not show us who are the spriters of our critters will be dealt with soon. I want to know which spriter i have to say "Thank you very much!"

@Asketil

Yes, but there are eggs at the 5 minute marks in the Alpine and Forest.

Edited by Tigerkralle

It's summer, which sees traffic more spread out because of vacations and students being away from school, involved in all their various summer activities. Also, there are a lot of players who come in for the holidays and flow out again after. Summer is just a slower time for the Cave.

That said, last July's release was later in the month and reached 34 pages (I sort by 50). June and August had higher totals. This March's release had 28 pages, but Page 8 happened on the same day as the release, and we're running a day later here.

Also, looking at the page totals, the more intricate and common the breed, the more posts a regular release thread gets. The 9th Cave birthday thread only had 32 pages, and I suspect it's because the breeds released were limited ones - two-headed, pygmy and drake.

Anyway...I just like looking at numbers and trying to figure out what they're telling us. Thanks for the new releases, TJ and the Spriters (which is totally a band name). happy.gif

Edited by stardust13

The hybrids look like little griffins <3

So I wasn't the only one who thought that!

Just found out about the July release abt 2 hrs ago, ate breakfast and leisurely collected my six Eggs... 3 of each breed and gendered them, 1 male and 2 female for each breed...

Thank You, TJ and Spriters... tongue.gif

Kinda sad this release got very little hype - the chaos makes things fun sometimes. But I guess it does cause headaches for others.

I'm loving the s2 hatchling for the biome release. It's so cute! I hope they are common because I totally want an army of those.

My theory about the lack of hype - everyone is busy playing pokemon GO. biggrin.gif

Welp, I myself am happy. I was worried I wouldn't find many having missed the first couple of days due to being egg locked but I managed to get myself 6 and get them all influenced.

I REALLY can't wait to see the adults. I have a sneaking suspicion that if the adults looks as good if not better than the babies, these MIGHT just become my new favorite breed. I also can't wait to hoard more of these guys and breed me some of those hybrids. <3

My theory about the lack of hype - everyone is busy playing pokemon GO. biggrin.gif

This is likely true, but since it is so flipping hot in Texas, I have been playing it strictly at night so I myself still at least have plenty of time for DC too. happy.gif

Edited by SyrusAllen

I LOVE how the hybrid babies look like Gryphon hatchlings. I'm going to name my first female some form of "Gilda" from My Little Pony. laugh.gif

Happily egg locked with 7 CBs.... They weren't too difficult to catch really. So glad for that!

what a wonderful time to not like waverunners. otl

these lil guys look amazing so far~ thanks to everyone involved!

Bummer. I must have forgotten to log in yesterday. I guess I missed them. sad.gif

They're still dropping in the cave. You can catch one of the new breeds in the Alpine and Forest biomes. The other breed is a hybrid of Coastal Waverunners and Electric dragons.

The hybrids look like little griffins <3

Indeed, that was my first thought. I am going to be breeding a LOT of these to freeze, as soon as I collect some CB Electrics and CWs. *Points at username*

Bummer. I must have forgotten to log in yesterday. I guess I missed them. sad.gif

These are a permanent release.

I'm a little disappointed in the hybrids; not because I don't like them, but I wanted to suggest a hybrid involving Waverunners. I had already made sketches for them. :s

Guess it's back to the drawing board.

edit: Unsurprisingly, my only Electric with a good lineage refused my Waverunner. I only have 2 Electrics. <_>

Edited by FlyingDragona

where can i find them?

Alpine and Forest for the "This egg has a striking pattern."

You breed the second one using Electrics and Coastal Waverunners.

Looks like I might be able to take two dragons off the TMB list for a bit.

/cheers at the release!

I'm a little disappointed in the hybrids; not because I don't like them, but I wanted to suggest a hybrid involving Waverunners. I had already made sketches for them. :s

You do know that a breed can be used for more than one hybrid, right? Water dragons can breed both Blunas and Shallow Waters, depending on what they're bred with.

My point is there's no reason to be disappointed with the new hybrids just because you hoped to suggest a hybrid with waverunners.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

So I tried to breed a hybrid, and both my Electrics refused to go near a Waverunner...is that common?