purpledragonclaw

The Congrats Thread, V6

I love codes so I snagged a "war" code from the cave, refreshed to find a dino, then refreshed to find a gold... and had exactly the egg spaces for all of those. Well I think I just used up my good luck for the year.

I have been very productive in naming dragons for the past week! (Finally!) Realized that the 'site blocker' extension I use could actually block *everything* at once and only allow whitelisted sites. :rolleyes: Silly me never realized that before. So I've been blocking everything but DC and a couple naming sites, and doing small naming-sprees. I've named 73 dragons since the 2nd, which I'd guess is more than I had named in the previous 6 months!

Completed my scroll goal for water walkers today. And yesterday I froze the last copper hatchling I needed to have the full set. I still need more CB adults but I've been trying to get that hatchling for a long time.

Finally got an egg from these two. 

Edited by Chaosdawn

@Chaosdawn that's really pretty. :) Congrats!

=====

My current 'yay' moment is that I just caught my first rarer dragon since returning to DC...managed to snag a Thunder dragon out of the Desert today. :lol:  (Still no CB Spring though, arg!)

After years of trading and hunting and breeding(and even a few painful breeding rejections) my ultimate breeding project is completed. Ladies and gentlemen, here I present my 6g checker from m Gold x f Holly:

Gold_egg.gifhttps://dragcave.net/lineage/KldpZ

He is the only one of its kind. There are a few 5gs floating around that are either my dragons' babies or grandbabies, but he is the only 6g(perfect, non inbred checker that is obviously). As there aren't enough CB female Hollies in existence(to my knowledge) to make a full 7g I can't do much else but stare at it for a while :D

Just want to take this opportunity to pat myself on the back, but also thank all the amazing people that have come out of hiding to help me out with this ❤️ Definitely feeling very lucky here

I was just doing a test-breed for a potential 5-gen inbred white line (because the idea of having 5 gens that's as inbred as possible is amusing to me) and I got a White egg that's got the code "HeaLN"

I am totally gonna have to use that in another lineage as well

2 hours ago, KageSora said:

I was just doing a test-breed for a potential 5-gen inbred white line (because the idea of having 5 gens that's as inbred as possible is amusing to me) and I got a White egg that's got the code "HeaLN"

I am totally gonna have to use that in another lineage as well

Oh wow, what an awesome code! Congrats! :D 

with super kind assistance from @Kigyptnee, who gave me a 2g pipio from glowback after i posted about nine months of failures in the bad luck thread (and on top of that gave the parents the specific names i requested), i have finally completed my sheith moments lineage. :D

3 hours ago, miaou said:

with super kind assistance from @Kigyptnee, who gave me a 2g pipio from glowback after i posted about nine months of failures in the bad luck thread (and on top of that gave the parents the specific names i requested), i have finally completed my sheith moments lineage. :D

Looks beautiful! Congratulations on finishing your lineage! :D 

Thank you awesome person who offered a flow egg on my CB Pyro Xeno hatchie/Alpine new egg trade! This is my first one! She even has a beautiful code! A name! "Mei". SO cute. I will take good care of her. 

I sorted some dragons, and finally the correctly sorted part of my scroll starts on the first page again.

Sure, it's very near the bottom of the first page... but at least this means there are fewer than 500 dragons left to be sorted. (Of course lots of them have to be named first. Working on that, too.)

In other words: successfully procrastinating real-life work.

Edit: ... and only ~700 ungrouped dragons left. Which means I assigned groups to more than 14'000 dragons. Which means I spend too much time on this site. XD

Edited by Confused Cat

A failure has turned into a success! I was trying to breed an elusive "flow" egg and accidentally stumbled onto a new favorite pairing: venturis x gaia. It isn't the result I was looking for and it's locking me but it's way too pretty to abandon and I want to make a checker now XD

I've been here since 2008. Just finally caught my first CB Gold.

Edited by Lahabrea

10 minutes ago, Lahabrea said:

I've been here since 2008. Just finally caught my first CB Gold.

Wow! Congratulations! ❤️ That's definitely one egg not to toss back for the chance of getting more xenos. XD Congrats!

Whoa, that's super nice.

How is this for a perfect code? All of my dragons have the prefix "AFA's" as part of their name (e.g. AFA's Sarah or AFA's Gary, etc...). During the Xenowyrm release I mass bred all of my CB Xeno's to the AP to see if any of them produced a new type (none did). It wasn't until a few days later when I was looking to see if they had all been picked up that I noticed that a pairing had produced this coded beauty! I thought typical it happens to an auto abandoned egg! Luckily I found that the egg had been listed on the trading hub and I was able to trade for it back! So now I have the perfect AfAz code from two "AFA's" named parents! 😍 It always makes me smile to see it. :D I just have to find the perfect mate now, either another 2nd Gen PB, or Mgeek (my husband and son are always calling me a geek, and I found this perfect code a while ago).

Edited by Fandom Addict
Spelling

Finally caught a Staterae. A lineaged one from the AP, but it's my first one after a week of hunting and breeding and I didn't have to pay 1200 shards for it so I'm thrilled.

15 hours ago, Amberfly said:

Finally caught a Staterae. A lineaged one from the AP, but it's my first one after a week of hunting and breeding and I didn't have to pay 1200 shards for it so I'm thrilled.

Awesome! Finding one in the AP is great luck.

I also just got my very first Staterae, I haven't even *seen* any in the biomes and only a couple in the AP and I'm too stubborn to spend anymore shards at the moment. I've been offering on trades and kept getting declined, but just now I was able to trade two cb Ke'Maro for a Staterae egg! I'm not normally a 'must have immediately' hunter but I feel so relieved to finally have just one.

Finally got the last dragon I needed to have a complete scroll (by my terms - this means one of every dragon breed).

I'm so happy and was even able to get the perfect name for the dragon