Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

18 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Check if you unlocked the egg? That should be the only requirement for the Market:

https://dragcave.net/dragonopedia/1684

that's just it: i was able to buy the eggs, yet the encyclopedia entry is unclickable (hovering over it gives the message "breed not unlocked"). i can get to the page directly, just not from the encyclopedia.

this isn't a crisis, of course. i just like looking at the encyclopedia sometimes.

Edited by miaou

4 minutes ago, miaou said:

this isn't a crisis, of course. i just like looking at the encyclopedia sometimes.

If the breed link shows on the eggs, you can get to the Encyclopedia that way.

Honestly, I have no idea why that link in the Encyclopedia itself doesn't unlock on your very first non-zero statistic for the breed ... Too many secrets.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

5 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

If the breed link shows on the eggs, you can get to the Encyclopedia that way.

Honestly, I have no idea why that link in the Encyclopedia itself doesn't unlock on your very first non-zero statistic for the breed ... Too many secrets.

too many secrets indeed... really, i just wanted to be able to go to encyclopedia and have the satisfaction of seeing all the sprites. :3

i went on another run through a hatchery just now and clicked eggs, hatchlings, and adults. somewhere in there i guess i hit a magic number because the pharos entry is finally accessible from the encyclopedia itself. 

thanks for the help!

9 hours ago, miaou said:

did a quick search and didn't see anyone else talking about this, so it might just be me. 

i unlocked all the new xenos in the encyclopedia this morning so i could buy some in the market. among others, i bought two pharos eggs - but the pharos entry is locked (re-locked?) in the encyclopedia now. edit: just checked and i still have the option to buy pharos eggs in the market, but the encyclopedia entry definitely is not unlocked (unclickable).

is this a glitch or have i done something/failed to do something that could cause this?

I was having the exact same trouble with the Staterae entry for my Encyclopedia. It's "resolved" now that my hatchling has grown into an adult but, it was the only entry to have ever done this. I've always been able to click the entries even without viewing and without owning any adults so long as I had egg/hatchling stats. 

Small question ive wondered

do you think the plat trophy the dragon on it is a xeno or what derg is it?

Edited by KaitoDragon6248

2 hours ago, ValidEmotions said:

I was having the exact same trouble with the Staterae entry for my Encyclopedia. It's "resolved" now that my hatchling has grown into an adult but, it was the only entry to have ever done this. I've always been able to click the entries even without viewing and without owning any adults so long as I had egg/hatchling stats. 

adulrs seem to be the key, then. weird - but it's good to know i wasn't the only one experiencing it!

Edited by miaou

4 hours ago, KaitoDragon6248 said:

If I recall correctly, it's just a random wyrm dragon and not necessarily a xeno. I remember someone asked once if it was meant to be a secret breed. 

20 hours ago, KaitoDragon6248 said:

I don't think the trophies correspond to any one in-cave breed. I mean, look at the bronze trophy - it looks like a butterfly-winged dragon. And the silver - I don't even know how to properly classify it. Bug-winged, maybe? Neither of which is something we have on DC.

The Platinum trophy is definitely a wyrm. Whether it's a Xenowyrm is up to debate.

What exactly is clarified as "misuse" in the trading hub? I've lost the ability twice to make public trades, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. The reported post mentioned that I was accepting IOUs and to PM me on the forums if that was needed. Is that not allowed? I see people do that quite frequently.

Edit: Wow I can't make public trades until July 11th. ://

Edited by GalacticSketch

50 minutes ago, GalacticSketch said:

What exactly is clarified as "misuse" in the trading hub? I've lost the ability twice to make public trades, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. The reported post mentioned that I was accepting IOUs and to PM me on the forums if that was needed. Is that not allowed? I see people do that quite frequently.

Edit: Wow I can't make public trades until July 11th. ://

Offering any kind of IOU is not permitted, same as on the forum.

If you have questions, you're best to PM a mod rather than posting here - we can let you know the details of your specific ban.

28 minutes ago, GalacticSketch said:

accepting IOUs and to PM me on the forums if that was needed

Unfortunately, this is not technically allowed; people who get away with it usually get away with it by happenstance of timing (no mod currently looking through trades). Relying on other people's descriptions to get a feeling for what's allowed doesn't work.

The general rule of thumb is that you're only allowed to describe what you have and what you want (even an IOU is not considered a "want") and absolutely nothing else. Formally speaking, the site tells you this when you make a public trade:

Describe what you’re offering and/or help others understand what types of offers you are looking for. If creating a public trade, your message should be applicable to many people using the trading hub, not just a specific person.

Warning: Use of trading messages for any purpose except those stated above may result in disciplinary action, such as loss of ability to create public trades. Off-site links are forbidden.

...but it takes some very pedantic thinking to realise that this forbids IOUs or additional communication.

For future reference, a legal way to point people to the your forum profile is to have a named dragon near the top of your scroll that refers to to your forum name. You can do the same thing with some variant of "I accept IOUs". Not everyone will look at that, but it's better than nothing. ❤️ 🤗

Sorry it hit you. I strongly feel the status quo is uncharitable to the user base, but that's how the rules are, for various reasons (including contractual ones that TJ has with his real life employer, so unfortunately not easy to tackle), and it's unlikely to change. (Mind, I do appreciate that we can at least say that we find the status quo on this unreasonable, even if that doesn't change it; that freedom is in itself worth a lot. But I still hope this'll eventually be changed, so it stops catching people who are using the Trading section in entirely good faith out.)

Is this a glitch, or am I just a bit dum-dum? I can't see my Staterae adults among other Xenos. I can see them in the separate group I have for my own puproses, but just on my scroll they are not in the xeno group. Maybe they are just sorter somewhere else?

23 minutes ago, DarkellaLord said:

Is this a glitch, or am I just a bit dum-dum? I can't see my Staterae adults among other Xenos. I can see them in the separate group I have for my own puproses, but just on my scroll they are not in the xeno group. Maybe they are just sorter somewhere else?

Someone mentioned the other day that legacy breed sort sorts them under S rather than the other xenos. Can you see them there?

39 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Someone mentioned the other day that legacy breed sort sorts them under S rather than the other xenos. Can you see them there?

Yup, they are between Spitfires and Stones=) Thank you for pointing this out!

On 6/22/2020 at 11:52 AM, Spiteful_Crow said:

Could this thread be re-opened? It's happening again.

Please?

1 minute ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Please?

In the past, it was said making a new thread is perfectly fine if an issue returns. You can always link the old one for reference.

Um, I appear to have missed something somewhere about the Market.

In the past, I have been allowed to buy as much as I wanted. Now I get a message saying I have reached my weekly limit after buying one (1) new release Xeno. 

And not just on Xenos, but I am now not able to buy ANY egg from the market.

What is the story?

Well, mine looks OK. Have you maybe used up all your shards (sounds daft, but..)

4 hours ago, Justie said:

Um, I appear to have missed something somewhere about the Market.

In the past, I have been allowed to buy as much as I wanted. Now I get a message saying I have reached my weekly limit after buying one (1) new release Xeno. 

And not just on Xenos, but I am now not able to buy ANY egg from the market.

What is the story?

Are you sure it's not the weekly limit of shards you can gain, and that you don't have enough shards to buy anything? It's the only thing that makes sense to me. (I just bought 2 eggs a couple of days ago, so there is no 1 egg/week limit.)

ETA: Do you have room for another egg on your scroll?

Edited by olympe

Thanks @olympe It was at 6% of weekly gain and I have oodles of shards.

But I realized, from what you said, there is another limit.

Egg slots! I assume it was that, because I have had no problem today. 👍

Well, the shards limit resets sometime on Sunday (I think), so weekly limit may have been 100% when you first looked and 6% when you looked again. But, yes, egg limits. XD 

I see what you mean - i think it's the very long want box ? Because it has no spaces between the words, it can't wrap to the next line.

image.png.00e9784614e1d5c814be87f7b051f50c.png

I think I might've asked this before but I couldn't find where, but is it a mistake that the encyclopedia classifies red-finned tidal dragons as lindwyrms?

Well the wiki shows them that way too (not that it's official)

Lindwyrms, also known as Lindworms/Lindwurms, have a serpentine body with one pair of legs, or forelimbs, and may be winged or wingless. Some Lindwyrms are unable to fly even when they have wings.

It seems to fit.