Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Anybody else having difficulties unlocking the new ones in the encyclopedia for the market?

I clicked nearly 50 eggs of each (chances are high, that even with possible duplicates I got the 15 needed to unblock the egg) but three breeds are stubborn and don't want to unlock for me. :)

You should only need 5 to unlock each egg, and I had no problems doing that. :blink: But there seem to be loading issues right now, maybe that's the error?

1 hour ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

Anybody else having difficulties unlocking the new ones in the encyclopedia for the market?

I clicked nearly 50 eggs of each (chances are high, that even with possible duplicates I got the 15 needed to unblock the egg) but three breeds are stubborn and don't want to unlock for me. :)

I had to click on a few hatchlings to open the dragon page before it counted eggs.  check your counter.  also try going to the lineage page THEN to the dragon's page. sometimes that works better.

I'm having issues getting the Staterae entry to unlock as well. I've owned seven eggs, , have one hatchling, viewed 13 eggs and 11 hatchlings. I can access the page stats through the quick link on my hatchling's view page but when I go to the Encyclopedia lost itself, the Staterae shows up at "breed not unlocked".

Edit to add: I'm able to buy the Staterae egg from the Market but the entry still shows as "Breen Not Unlocked" in the main Encyclopedia list.

Edited by ValidEmotions

Hm, I tried it from another device and it's still not counting anything.

I'm clicking on eggs, S1 and S2 hatchies and every adult I can find.

Tried the "lineage link trick", too.

Well, I'm out of shards anyway so no hurry, just wondering.

Four eggs became unlocked as expected (before I wrote my question), three not.

Thank you for your hints. :D

4 hours ago, ValidEmotions said:

Edit to add: I'm able to buy the Staterae egg from the Market but the entry still shows as "Breen Not Unlocked" in the main Encyclopedia list.

For that list, you need the adults unlocked.

7 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

For that list, you need the adults unlocked.

Actually, no. I had the other new xeno breeds unlocked before I even had adults. And definitely before I'd viewed enough to unlock the adult sprites of two breeds. 

Well, their list picture only unlocked for me by viewing the adults, and I definitely did NOT view anything else during that time because I was specifically hunting down adults in hatcheries.

8 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Well, their list picture only unlocked for me by viewing the adults, and I definitely did NOT view anything else during that time because I was specifically hunting down adults in hatcheries.

Let me just... make sure we're on the same page.

I'm talking about Unlocking the Breed entry as a whole. Such as when I hover over the greyed out adult image, it's a darker grey and not the pale gray with the hover text reading "Breed Not Unlocked" and I can't click into the entry to reveal the stats of Owned/Viewed nor the unlocked sprites for the Egg and Hatchlings. I'm not talking specifically about unlocking the Adult Sprite.

Right now, I can't click into the Staterae breed entry from the main list, even though I've got eggs and hatchlings. I'm able to purchase the egg from the market. But still, the greyed out image is the lighter one, not the darker one that reveals the breed name in a hover text box and allows for me to click into the entry. The only way for me to access my Staterae stats is through the hotlink on the View Page of my Egg/Hatchling

You can sure click the greyed out entry already, as soon as you got the first few stats on it. At least you should - I don't know why it would be disabled for you, maybe it's a skin thing?

Like my Staterae. Before

image.png.b9cea6d6de90a99aa4931084a919651c.png image.png.e0c7d502e6666b9b75181bff9428d6e0.png

and after

image.png.9abfe765cdf21c1ab2a00a58b35cd9dc.png image.png.69ecac507834dfb97230c3b72d35e5b5.png

(I couldn't unlock these earlier due to missing adults, so they made a great example now.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

@ValidEmotions I see you have 0 adult staterae observed, which is likely what allows the encyclopedia to let you in. Like Ruby Eyes said, she only unlocked the page being clickable on the encyclopedia list by clicking adults. Market and Trade Hub are egg unlocks, and Encyclopedia is adult unlocks.

@Shadowdrake Staterae are the first dragon to do that to me. I've been able to access Encyclopedia entries for new releases time and again without once viewing nor owning any adults.

1 hour ago, ValidEmotions said:

@Shadowdrake Staterae are the first dragon to do that to me. I've been able to access Encyclopedia entries for new releases time and again without once viewing nor owning any adults.

Do you view TJ's? Because that's the only adult I viewed. 

Trying to grab an egg leads to the egg grab page loading for about 30 seconds to a minute. The site overall had just been very laggy for me. Does anyone have a fix?

1 hour ago, DragonLady86 said:

Do you view TJ's? Because that's the only adult I viewed. 

I view them as eggs, making them unelligeable to count as a view towards the adult. And to confirm that, I did view his Adult Staterae but have "0 Adults Viewed"

11 minutes ago, erg07 said:

Trying to grab an egg leads to the egg grab page loading for about 30 seconds to a minute. The site overall had just been very laggy for me. Does anyone have a fix?

Unfortunately the sites just been having problems for whatever reason. I'm sure TJ is working on it. Its site end not our end so there's no fix except waiting.

this ones a weird one, but how many people are in the official discord? and how many of them are typically active (estimated, you dont have to answer this one since its def harder to get a number on that)

20 minutes ago, erg07 said:

Been doing the same for me all day, and I just lost about 10 minutes' work on my resort progress to a RIP error.  I assume it's sheer volume of people hunting the new release eggs.

8 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

Unfortunately the sites just been having problems for whatever reason. I'm sure TJ is working on it. Its site end not our end so there's no fix except waiting.

ah gotcha, I was worried it was something my end cause I changed my wifi recently. Thanks :D

5 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

this ones a weird one, but how many people are in the official discord? and how many of them are typically active (estimated, you dont have to answer this one since its def harder to get a number on that)

Official has ~1400, unofficial has ~900. No idea on the active numbers, espeically cause different people are active in different channels. 

Do Market eggs have a 5-hour cooldown like biome eggs do? I don't want to be surprise-locked if I buy something to toss to the AP.

did a quick search and didn't see anyone else talking about this, so it might just be me. 

i unlocked all the new xenos in the encyclopedia this morning so i could buy some in the market. among others, i bought two pharos eggs - but the pharos entry is locked (re-locked?) in the encyclopedia now. edit: just checked and i still have the option to buy pharos eggs in the market, but the encyclopedia entry definitely is not unlocked (unclickable).

is this a glitch or have i done something/failed to do something that could cause this?

Edited by miaou

3 hours ago, miaou said:

among others, i bought two pharos eggs - but the pharos entry is locked (re-locked?) in the encyclopedia now

Check if you unlocked the egg? That should be the only requirement for the Market:

https://dragcave.net/dragonopedia/1684