Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

@Dirtytabs Yeah, that makes sense. So apparently they all don't have a fixed name that would appear literally everywhere! Good to know, now I can sleep in peace. :D Thanks for going through so many breeds to have more examples for me!

@Varislapsi Most of them are from memory. A few are from clicking my recently acquired dragons. I probably missed a few... so there are a lot total! :D 

@Dirtytabs Okay, seems I had bad luck when I was randomly checking some breeds. Although, actually, I did focus on those that seemed most probable to me. :P (Nice memory though, I could never remember that many even if I had payed attention to this before!)

Refusals are ruining the fun for me. Have they upped the chance for pairs to refuse? Half of my recent new breedings have resulted in refusals.

Edited by BlueSkyy

4 minutes ago, BlueSkyy said:

Refusals are ruining the fun for me. Have they upped the chance for pairs to refuse? Half of my recent new breedings have resulted in refusals.

Try using Fertility (the Purple Dragon's BSA). That should drastically reduce the chances of a refusal.

49 minutes ago, BlueSkyy said:

My personal opinion is that if I use fertility and the dragons show no interest more than once, they probably would have been refusals. I think it's rather difficult, but not impossible to get an egg. At least that's my experience.  I always use fertility on first time pairings.  If it's a continued no interest, I switch mates. (I have lots of purples)  YMMV

Wasn't sure where to ask, I know there's a thread for trading checker mates, but is there one for purebred lines?

Is there a place where we can view our market purchase history? I don’t see it in the action log. 

22 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Is there a place where we can view our market purchase history? I don’t see it in the action log. 

Not currently but there is a suggestion thread asking for one.

Edited by DragonLady86

Anyone else having trouble with the grid custom sort? At least twice in the last two days my sort has failed to save on the first try, but worked okay on the second. Fortunately I was only moving eggs and hatchlings at the top of my scroll, but I would have been majorly upset if I had been moving a batch of new adults to their proper places on my scroll!

10 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Anyone else having trouble with the grid custom sort? At least twice in the last two days my sort has failed to save on the first try, but worked okay on the second. Fortunately I was only moving eggs and hatchlings at the top of my scroll, but I would have been majorly upset if I had been moving a batch of new adults to their proper places on my scroll!

Yeah, this has been happening a bit. But it's actually just a display error - it actually works, it just shows you the incorrect, old version, after you submit.

Edited by pinkgothic

3 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Yeah, this has been happening a bit. But it's actually just a display error - it actually works, it just shows you the incorrect, old version, after you submit.

Oh! Well, that's good to know. I hadn't thought to check that. Thanks!

Recently, I have often been thinking about how frustrating it is to browse through other players' scrolls when trading, gifting etc. (For example, someone wants to be gifted or trade for a breed or lineage they don't have but there are thousands of dragons on their scroll and it's all sorted by date.) I found this old topic with different opinions and quite a lot of conversation, in Suggestions forum, but apparently it was closed in 2016 and I couldn't find any others. I wonder if this has been brought up somewhere else or if anyone knows why the suggestion was turned down if that's the case (I'm just curious!).

As one who was rather against it in that thread - I remain against it. And as I said at the time - even if you sort my scroll, you still won't know which of mine I already know will refuse, which are available for breeding anyway, which gen they are and so on. You'd still need to ask me - and if you ask me - I can TELL you.

I would be OK with sort by breed - but nothing further than that. I might even take to hiding my adults otherwise. I have actually had someone DEMAND that I breed ALL my prize dragons (well over 300) for them, "except ones that they have offspring from, or ones that would duplicate the original prize in their stable". REALLY ? You think I will go through YOURS to see if I can breed up to 300 of mine for free for you ?

If you want something - ask - or check my scroll - if you want them, it won't hurt you to do the work. And if you want something in a trade - put the ones you want to refer to in a group.

Otherwise it WILL help stalkers. And if it were to happen, we NEED to be able to hide growing things so that only adults are visible. Don't want to get views when we don't WANT views, like.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

22 hours ago, purplehaze said:

22 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

I'm now getting the same display error, and there's another sort issue in a separate thread... If I refresh the page after I save sort and the old order shows up, it then refreshes to show what I just did, but...

@Fuzzbucket I definitely get your point! Although, my problem is a bit different in that I just get frustrated when I want to offer something to another player (either as a gift or on trade) but they don't have a precise request, or use groups, or present a wishlist... you know, help me to understand what they're looking for. Like, someone asks for, say, a prize line they don't have but there's no list of what they do have and they sort their scroll by date or manually. (That's from my head but similar things.) It would be really convenient to be able to view their scroll organised by breed!

I'll stop here because this probably isn't the place for me to join the discussion, however, if someone knows, I'm still interested if the suggestion was turned down or if there's room to continue the discussion somewhere and if that place already exists even if I couldn't find another topic about this. :D

21 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I'm now getting the same display error, and there's another sort issue in a separate thread... If I refresh the page after I save sort and the old order shows up, it then refreshes to show what I just did, but...

yay- so its not just me, and actually it is NOT saving- i have had to go back and resort and then resave   before it takes--- NOT A GOOD THING!

and  now it will save on the sort page  but  does not translate to the scroll

can we get TJ to look at this please!!!!

Edited just now by dragonpuck

Mine IS saving. (grid sort.) But I have to refresh to see it on the SORT page.

@TJ09 - do youknow anything ?

Is it really true that Celestials always give multi-clutches? My Celestial and Bronze Tinsel pair had only bred one dragon - https://dragcave.net/progeny/kl42I

I hope that this is just an unfortunate bug and not something that's supposed to be part of the game. Waiting for 28 days, just to get a single Celestial, is pretty annoying.

15 minutes ago, ChickpeaHummus said:

Is it really true that Celestials always give multi-clutches? My Celestial and Bronze Tinsel pair had only bred one dragon - https://dragcave.net/progeny/kl42I

I hope that this is just an unfortunate bug and not something that's supposed to be part of the game. Waiting for 28 days, just to get a single Celestial, is pretty annoying.

They can give multiple eggs, but it's not guaranteed. It's exactly equivalent to breeding a normal pair 4 times over 28 days and only getting one egg.

10 hours ago, dragonpuck said:

yay- so its not just me, and actually it is NOT saving- i have had to go back and resort and then resave   before it takes--- NOT A GOOD THING!

and  now it will save on the sort page  but  does not translate to the scroll

can we get TJ to look at this please!!!!

Edited just now by dragonpuck

Nope, not just you. Tonight's the second time it's happened to me in as many days. Both times it actually didn't save, I had to redo the sorting and save a second time before it took.

20 hours ago, TJ09 said:

They can give multiple eggs, but it's not guaranteed. It's exactly equivalent to breeding a normal pair 4 times over 28 days and only getting one egg.

Thank you! I saw a post that stated that the chance of getting a multi-clutch was 100%, so I was quite confused.

2 minutes ago, Argie said:

Is there a way to report dragon names? I was going through some of my dragons' lineages and came across a dragon name that set off some alarm bells, especially when combined with the colors of the dragon. I have no idea if it warrants removal by the site's policy but figured it would be worth it to have someone look at.

PM a moderator, maybe@purpledragonclaw