Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

3 hours ago, ValidEmotions said:

Is there a good spot to report suspicious and/or inappropriate ads that are popping up on the site? Not the kind that are taking over the browser/tab, but the kind that fit within the ad slot and contain questionable material. A questionable ad showed up while I was browsing the site on mobile: "I'm looking for a girlfriend" (This is a screenshot of it).

Is there something that could be done? I unfortunately wasn't able to grab any source coding/info because my phone refreshed away from it. But the last thing I want is for anyone to accidentally click on such a suspicious ad and get malware or something. (I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally fat-fingered/clicked either the top bar or bottom bar ad on mobile and computer.)

Notify a mod. TJ can do wonders with them. But get the LINK if you can.

20 hours ago, ValidEmotions said:

Is there a good spot to report suspicious and/or inappropriate ads that are popping up on the site? Not the kind that are taking over the browser/tab, but the kind that fit within the ad slot and contain questionable material. A questionable ad showed up while I was browsing the site on mobile: "I'm looking for a girlfriend" (This is a screenshot of it).

Is there something that could be done? I unfortunately wasn't able to grab any source coding/info because my phone refreshed away from it. But the last thing I want is for anyone to accidentally click on such a suspicious ad and get malware or something. (I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally fat-fingered/clicked either the top bar or bottom bar ad on mobile and computer.)

16 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Notify a mod. TJ can do wonders with them. But get the LINK if you can.

I'll try to find it in a bit; the entire Google ads dashboard is failing to load right now...

I see the normal "report this ad" button in the top right--if you tap the small blue "x" it should hide the ad and ask why you don't want to see it. From there you shouldn't see it again.

18 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Hybrids. Those were only available as HM with christmas raffles which don't exist anymore.

I'm still confused. What hybrids? And I dunno what HM stands for?

12 minutes ago, UltimateTH said:

Here is a link to the wiki page on hybrids: https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Category%3ADragon_Hybrids

They are basically a cross between two breeds of dragon that are only available by breeding.

HM stands for honorable mention, which was a category of winner in the Christmas raffles. They did not win a Prize, but could pick any dragon including CB Hollies (which were not available at the time in the cave and were highly valued because of rarity) or CB hybrids.

17 minutes ago, UltimateTH said:

Hybrids are dragons that are normally only obtainable through breeding one certain dragon breed to another. Like for a hellhorse dragon you would need to breed a Hellfire wyvern with a Horse dragon. There are no other ways you could obtain them, therefore you can only get 2g hybrids. HM means Honourable Mentions, there were people who were awarded/chosen to get 1g Hybrids,  which shouldn't exist as hybrids are supposed to be 2g+ 

Edited by icearashi

There are no more "normal" dragons that are discontinued, if that's a concern. Everything else you could get by catching like a regular player are available as CB, aside from vampires which are only gotten from biting, or CB female hollies which were also HMs. CB hybrids were a special case and should basically be considered to be unique to any players who were awarded them since there's so few.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Oh, so it wasn't just me. I also keep getting "an error has occurred".

i keep getting it too.  i'm trying to name some dragons before i go to work....

So, whenever I click on an egg in the cave (even when I accidentally brush a different egg than what I want to poke at, sigh), Dragon Cave is taking several long seconds to react. Is that just me? The biomes themselves load quickly enough, so it doesn't seem to be a general lag issue.

Would the eggs you are trying to grab happen to be either new releases or rares? Because the long loading process happens whenever too many people click the same egg at the same time.

What's the link to this discord everyone keeps talking about? Is it like "official" similarly to how the forums are?

1 minute ago, KRABBIT said:

What's the link to this discord everyone keeps talking about? Is it like "official" similarly to how the forums are?

There's an official discord, yes! There's a link to it on the DC home page: here it is! There's also a popular unofficial DC discord.

4 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

So, whenever I click on an egg in the cave (even when I accidentally brush a different egg than what I want to poke at, sigh), Dragon Cave is taking several long seconds to react. Is that just me? The biomes themselves load quickly enough, so it doesn't seem to be a general lag issue.

4 hours ago, olympe said:

Would the eggs you are trying to grab happen to be either new releases or rares? Because the long loading process happens whenever too many people click the same egg at the same time.

Exactly this! The cave has to do a photo finish mental screenshot to decide who clicked first! XD (Sadly, it is seldom me... ;) )

4 hours ago, olympe said:

No, what I meant to imply with "even when I accidentally brush a different egg than what I want to poke at" is that I got the same loading process clicking on a different egg. That said, there were new release eggs on the page, but I very much doubt I was competing on the different egg.

21 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

No, what I meant to imply with "even when I accidentally brush a different egg than what I want to poke at" is that I got the same loading process clicking on a different egg. That said, there were new release eggs on the page, but I very much doubt I was competing on the different egg.

Good point. When traffic is especially high, this long loading time sometimes also happens when people are competing for a different egg. Try getting the different egg outside the 5 minute shuffle, and you should get it in no time. :) 

Why of all biomes on regular days (and especially on new release ones) I see most of the people grouping in Alpine ? Is this some kind of secret community I am not aware of?=3 I am so curious. And why if the egg can be found in all biomes, sometimes people request for a specific biome for egg to be from?

There are 7 different eggs. One to each biome and the flow one which can be anywhere. People are trying to complete their set. (I thought everyone was in Volcano, myself, so maybe that's just a perception :D )

Which dragons are classified as a wyrm for purposes of the July raffle?

So far I am thinking the following:

Red-tailed Wyrrm

Seawyrm Pygmy 

Rift Wyrm

Xenowyrms

What am I missing? Thanks in advance.

51 minutes ago, DarkellaLord said:

And why if the egg can be found in all biomes, sometimes people request for a specific biome for egg to be from?

Breeding rules. Some species produce offspring based on the biome of the partner. For example, male CB coppers produce offspring based on the biome of the partner - verdigris if the biome is Coast or Jungle, rainbow if the biome is Alpine or Forest, liver of sulfur if the biome is Desert or Volcano. So depending on people's breeding plans, or just on the desire to be flexible in this regard, they might want eggs from a specific biome. :) (For example, I like getting all-biome eggs from the Coast, because I'm a fan of verdigris coppers (although I don't mind getting them from somewhere else, and don't go as far as to trade for them).)

Edited by pinkgothic

1 minute ago, missy_ said:

Red-tailed Wyrrm

Seawyrm Pygmy 

Rift Wyrm

Xenowyrms

And omens but you won't get those in July! XD

1 minute ago, missy_ said:

Red-tailed Wyrrm

Seawyrm Pygmy 

Rift Wyrm

Xenowyrms

Seawyrm is *not* a wyrm; it is considered a lindwyrm. I believe the other three are the only wyrms we have, aside from omens.

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

And omens but you won't get those in July! XD

But I want Halloween to come early! XD