Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

5 minutes ago, Keileon said:

Inaccurate, my testing suggests that getting a Spinel that isn't the color of its parents is actually about 1/6. That is about how rare alt Black/Vine/Undine dragons seem to be.

Wow, really? That's a pretty stark difference. Interesting!

12 hours ago, Keileon said:

Inaccurate, my testing suggests that getting a Spinel that isn't the color of its parents is actually about 1/6. That is about how rare alt Black/Vine/Undine dragons seem to be.

Breed-only alts can be found around 1/6 of the time? Huh, I learned something new today.

Hey, is that the same for alts like tan Ridgewings and red Dorsals? Is it a 1/6 chance (or whatever probability it is to get a breed-only alt) to get one from the wild?

9 hours ago, ChickpeaHummus said:

Breed-only alts can be found around 1/6 of the time? Huh, I learned something new today.

Hey, is that the same for alts like tan Ridgewings and red Dorsals? Is it a 1/6 chance (or whatever probability it is to get a breed-only alt) to get one from the wild?

No idea on that. Multiple people, including a couple of artists, have told me that bred-only alts have a roughly 1/6 chance of spawning. I didn't realize the Spinels were included in that until I took stats of my massbreeding, because Spinels can be determined by the egg, unlike the other three. I have no idea if alts that can be CB (and visible via the egg) have the same rates, but if I had to guess I'd say that's likely.

I swear on my life I remember them being called Candela dragons. Did the name change? I can't find any evidence of them ever being called Candela dragons but I know for a fact I'm not misremembering things.

They have always been Candelabra dragons.

Maybe you misread it way back when? I've been known to do just that.

I don’t know if this is the place for it or if any of you even know, but I vaguely remember a user on here collecting CB Pillow dragons or something like that ?? If any of you know who it is, feel free to answer, it’s much appreciated

Anyone else using grid custom sort and getting huge tiles like this?

Is this intended or a glitch?

image.png.2c35a4a6e4b97f4a9697ac3de7d464c1.png

I'm using Windows10 and Firefox on laptop.

Everything was normal yesterday.

17 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Anyone else using grid custom sort and getting huge tiles like this?

Is this intended or a glitch?

image.png.2c35a4a6e4b97f4a9697ac3de7d464c1.png

Me too (also Firefox and Windows 10). It already started yesterday evening for me.

Might be something to do with Firefox? I don't have any other browser loaded to check on this computer at the moment (except Edge, which Microsoft is pushing hard, but I refuse to use.)

Firefox DID just offer an update - I didn't accept it, but maybe that's it ? I use Opera, and just tested Chrome and Pale Moon on the side.

ETA nope - I just DID update - and it still looks normal for me, Maybe a Win 10 update thing ?

I still use IE, but when this started I checked both Edge and Chrome.  It appears the same in all of them.

I also have the large tiles in Chrome and Edge, so it's not a browser issue.

Same here. Got those large tiles on firefox with windows pc and also with safari on my tablet.

Thought it might be a problem on my end that will sort out itself eventually.

wow, tiles are HUGE for me - chrome 83.0.4103.119 on a chromebook

i just went back to rearrange some tiles, and they were back to normal for me.

I'm asking here because this is a teeny tiny little thing indeed, and also, I'm not sure if it's a bug or if there are other breeds like that. So I just noted that luminoxes have "Luminox Dragon" as their breed name in encyclopedia and dragons' view pages, yet their description says they are "Luminox Wyverns". Now what's the correct name and is it actually a bug? I did take a look at some other breeds and couldn't find another one where the encyclopedia name wouldn't match the description but of course I didn't check them all...

4 hours ago, Varislapsi said:

Now what's the correct name and is it actually a bug? I did take a look at some other breeds and couldn't find another one where the encyclopedia name wouldn't match the description but of course I didn't check them all...

Probably both? Maybe in-universe, the names are interchangeable. Wyverns are dragons.

Other Encyclopedia names not matching description names

Aeria Gloris Dragon

Holiday (2019)

Holiday (2018)

Holiday (2017)

Gallus gallus domesticus

all the dinos

Prize Dragon (Eastern)

Black Capped Teimarr Dragon

Guardian Avatar (Change)

Guardian Avatar (Creation)

Guardian Avatar (Destruction)