Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

....AH!!! I just realised my mistake! Now I feel really silly! Thanks for clarifying it.

On 6/18/2020 at 1:58 AM, Ruby Eyes said:

I *think*, for now it can. Wait until TJ fixes it like it happened with the Nebulae ...

I super-hoped they would, but I had an egg that sorted right under the blues and before the reds that hatched red. :(

I guess the sort goes "alcedine blue adult", "alcedine blue hatchling", "alcedine egg", "alcedine red", "alcedine red hatching".

Um. Maybe... it's just because I'm on dark mode on my phone and I've mostly been playing on my desktop, but is the mobile site supposed to be dark? I'm using Chrome on Android 10 for Pixel 3. Screenshot attached.

Screenshot_20200620-191101.png

@Jazeki it's due to your browser or phone automatically changing sites to fit in w dark mode, yeah. I think it may have been a recent update to chrome? My browser (Samsung default) has had that feature for awhile.

Edited by Shadowdrake

I'm getting darkmode too, and it's making my eyes hurt; it changed within the last couple hours, but I didn't update chrome....

Edited by sunshine_ley

3 hours ago, sunshine_ley said:

I'm getting darkmode too, and it's making my eyes hurt; it changed within the last couple hours, but I didn't update chrome....

I just tried turning dark mode settings off on my phone and it briefly went back to normal until I turned it back on. I think it's tied to phone settings and not Chrome.

How do I set up an egg to be gifted via a link? Combing through the FAQs and I can't find anything specific about it

2 minutes ago, multicharbar said:

How do I set up an egg to be gifted via a link? Combing through the FAQs and I can't find anything specific about it

Looks like you have no Magi dragons. You need them for teleporting eggs.

Just now, purplehaze said:

Looks like you have no Magi dragons. You need them for teleporting eggs.

ah ok

now if I did have a magi dragon, what exactly is the process for putting an egg/hatchling up for adoption? do I just use the magi BSA to teleport whatever egg/hatchling I want to link or...?

Just now, multicharbar said:

now if I did have a magi dragon, what exactly is the process for putting an egg/hatchling up for adoption? do I just use the magi BSA to teleport whatever egg/hatchling I want to link or...?

Yes you click the the teleport button in actions. You'll see that you have to enter your password, then select your teleportation type (Transfer, Trade, Public Trade) and also the option to click which egg/hatchlings to teleport. Select the check box, then click the blue button below that says 'teleport'. It'll then give you the link that you can then send to others for claiming/offering. You'll figure it out, it's quite straight forward! :) 

1 minute ago, multicharbar said:

ah ok

Yes. It will pull up a screen asking if you want one or two way trades. Whether it is public (posted in the hub). A place to say what you want in return if a trade not a gift and a list of things that eligible to teleport. Fill the form out and it will have links you can send to people.

3 minutes ago, icearashi said:

Yes you click the the teleport button in actions. You'll see that you have to enter your password, then select your teleportation type (Transfer, Trade, Public Trade) and also the option to click which egg/hatchlings to teleport. Select the check box, then click the blue button below that says 'teleport'. It'll then give you the link that you can then send to others for claiming/offering. You'll figure it out, it's quite straight forward! :) 

2 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Yes. It will pull up a screen asking if you want one or two way trades. Whether it is public (posted in the hub). A place to say what you want in return if a trade not a gift and a list of things that eligible to teleport. Fill the form out and it will have links you can send to people.

Thank you! so kind!

It is also possible to gift an egg to someone if they have a Magi available to use. They would have to set up a two-way trade with a dummy egg (just something from the AP will do). Then you offer your egg on that trade, they accept and if you don't want the dummy egg you just send it off to the AP again and they have the egg you wanted to give them.

You can offer on trades without a Magi of your own.

I’m not sure if this is a site feature test or something permanent, but I noticed when I’m on a specific dragon’s profile and add them to a group; it takes me to another page. It used to be a drop-down menu which was more convenient because it auto-saved the options. Currently, the new page doesn’t auto-save and depending on the number of groups, I have to scroll all the way down the page just to click ‘save’. I prefer the drop-down menu with auto-save as it’s more time efficient based on clicks & scrolling, in my opinion.

I haven’t tried desktop version as I mostly play on my iPad, but is anyone having the same problem with saving groups on the new page? Or, at least finding the new page to be cumbersome?

Is there a way to unname dragons? So that they have their default code again?

17 minutes ago, KRABBIT said:

Is there a way to unname dragons? So that they have their default code again?

Just click on the rename option on their action page and erase the name in the space and hit the name your dragon button. You'll get a pop-up asking if you want to remove the dragon's name. If you do that you will be back to the dragon's code showing as its name.

@Solaries I am not on mobile, but nothing has changed for me on my laptop. I have added several dragons to groups just a few minutes ago.

Edited by purplehaze

That's exactly what I get on my tablet (android)

@Solaries If you click "add to group" before the page is finished loading (i.e. click the button when it's still faded out), it'll load a new page. Or that's how it is on desktop. Edit: Never mind, my phone loads a new page no matter what. Probably coded to do so on a small screen.

Edited by Dirtytabs

@Dirtytabs I clicked on ‘add to groups’ a few times on mobile version and it does bring me to a new page every time. I even tried clicking on the icon near ‘add to groups’, but end up with the same result. I’m looking for the drop-down menu instead of the new page. But I guess TJ changed it.

@Fuzzbucket I’m glad it’s not only me that’s experiencing it, lol.

What dragons can you not get CB's of anymore?

I know for sure one is the Black alt Sweetling, as one needed to exist back when it was first released. But is there anything else that you can no longer get CB's of?

Is there a good spot to report suspicious and/or inappropriate ads that are popping up on the site? Not the kind that are taking over the browser/tab, but the kind that fit within the ad slot and contain questionable material. A questionable ad showed up while I was browsing the site on mobile: "I'm looking for a girlfriend" (This is a screenshot of it).

Is there something that could be done? I unfortunately wasn't able to grab any source coding/info because my phone refreshed away from it. But the last thing I want is for anyone to accidentally click on such a suspicious ad and get malware or something. (I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally fat-fingered/clicked either the top bar or bottom bar ad on mobile and computer.)

4 hours ago, UltimateTH said:

What dragons can you not get CB's of anymore?

Hybrids. Those were only available as HM with christmas raffles which don't exist anymore.