Spiteful_Crow

ANSWERED:Awful tablet view

I woke up this morning to this. (See first pic. The second pic is for comparison, but it's not from my scroll, which is why the dragon names are censored.)

For the record, I'm using a tablet and not a phone. This is an awful mobile view. I don't need enormous text bigger than my dragons, I can always zoom in if I need to. I've tried clearing my cache and some cookies, updating my browser, and even checking it on a different browser, but it remains the same.

I'm really hoping this is just a glitch and not an "update" because it's really distracting and unpleasant. Is anyone else using mobile having this issue?

terrible_mobile_view.jpg

old_example_01.jpg

Yeah, I noticed this too. I’m also using a tablet and the wider columns layout is unnecessary. In my opinion, it was better before.

At least I know it's not just me, then. Hopefully this will be fixed.

In the meantime - I select desktop view which is OK.

Nothing seems particularly amiss on the first picture to me? As far as I can remember the dragon icons have been pretty small. Hasn't it always been this way? Here's my mobile view:

Screenshot_20191211-150753_Chrome.jpg

Grey, are you using a mobile phone?

I suspect this is what happened, the mobile view for phones is now being applied to the mobile view for tablets for some reason, which I'm hoping is just an error and will be fixed. I am using a tablet and the sprites were always a decent size, as seen in the second picture. That's a screenshot from someone else's group of dragons, though, and I'm not sure I have a screenshot of my own scroll before the change happened, so you can't really see the difference in text.

For now, I've been switching to desktop view when looking at my main scroll pages or groups, and using the mobile view when looking at individual dragons or doing other things like breeding, since nothing appears to have been changed there, but it's still annoying to have to do that constantly. There are downsides to using desktop skins on a tablet too, the biggest one being that the sidebar/panel isn't available and I'd have to go up to the top of the page to access my account settings or see trade notifications and so on. Scrolling quickly down a page also has issues with desktop view.

I guess my main complaint is this: tiny dragon sprites and HUGE TEXT looks bad. :( Maybe that works for those of you using phones, but I don't like it at all.

Just noticed this today and i gotta say im not a fan of it either

Im also a tablet user and it shows up on my screen and it just makes everything a lot tinier and hard to actually look at all my dragons now

I think it must look better on mobile phones but since im on a tablet with a much bigger screen, different formats and all it looks kinda bad on tablet 

I mean atthe end of the day its just gonna be one of those thing you learn to ignore and move on but i personally liked it better the other way so im kinda hoping this is a bug too honestly, or maybe if it isnt could we have an option to switch between the two options? 

I see this as well on my iPod Touch with the latest software update, 12.4.4. It's like the elements on the page get larger as you go from left to right. My names are huge and the Actions text is so large it doesn't all fit on the screen in Portrait mode, and Landscape mode is worse. I don't know if it was like this before I updated yesterday, but this does look bad. 

The mobile dragon list view applying to larger screens like tablets is indeed an issue that will be fixed soon. The design you're seeing was made specifically for narrower screens, so you're right that the tradeoffs it makes don't work as well on larger devices and it doesn't make sense to use that styling there.

15 hours ago, TJ09 said:

The mobile dragon list view applying to larger screens like tablets is indeed an issue that will be fixed soon. The design you're seeing was made specifically for narrower screens, so you're right that the tradeoffs it makes don't work as well on larger devices and it doesn't make sense to use that styling there.

Thank you very much for the response. I'll try to be patient while waiting for this to be fixed.

It appears to be fixed as of tonight, so thanks, TJ. Looks much better.