Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 minute ago, DragonLady86 said:

Rare dragons are gold, silver, copper in the cave. Prizes and neglected are more so but you can't catch them.

Celestials are uncommon, not sure where you read they were rare. The lore text for each is not an indication of actual rarity.

Okay thank you :D 

9 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

Rare dragons are gold, silver, copper in the cave. Prizes and neglected are more so but you can't catch them.

Celestials are uncommon, not sure where you read they were rare. The lore text for each is not an indication of actual rarity.

I'd also add Trios (Magma, Thunder, Ice) to the list of truly rare dragons. Not only because of the insane prices in the market, there's also the fact that they acted like rares when they were first introduced.

Spoiler

Back then, "rares" (gold and silver, coppers were introduced way later) could not be bred with certain other dragons. The following pairings always refused: rare x rare, rare x holiday and rare x geode. (Back then, geodes couldn't breed true unless bred to other geodes, stones or green dragons). Trios refused all golds and silvers, all other trios, all geodes and all holidays as mates. No exception.

Of course, breeding rules have changed since then.

Hi, just a question that I had been thinking about for a while. The Dorkface lineage is a pretty big thing, right? ladiefare is the person who started it (or at least owned the original Dorkface pair), so is she important or something? Did she help build the site (Dragon Cave) or something?

Sorry if the answer's obvious. Thanks in advance.

41 minutes ago, ChickpeaHummus said:

Hi, just a question that I had been thinking about for a while. The Dorkface lineage is a pretty big thing, right? ladiefare is the person who started it (or at least owned the original Dorkface pair), so is she important or something? Did she help build the site (Dragon Cave) or something?

Sorry if the answer's obvious. Thanks in advance.

The Do You Have a Dorkface thread has a little information. Unfortunately the older thread that is linked in that first post is no longer available.

Basically the scoop is that ladiefare had several CB Golds that turned out male (back way before the days of influence!) so the next CB Gold egg she got she threatened to name it Dorkface if it was male. It was, so Midas Dorkface was born. It became kind of a joke, I think, with a bunch of her friends and she decided that she would try to have dragons of every breed descemded from Midas that carried the Dorkface name. She was just a regular player, but it was one of those silly things that caught on and carries through to this day, although not as popular now as it once was.

I imagine techy people could force it - but if you read the thread....

How long do you need ot have owned a CB egg before you cna offer it in the trading hub? I found a CB egg of something I see someone wants, but when I try to offer it, it says the egg is too young...I evne incubated it and it's still saying it! How long do I have to wait?

19 minutes ago, UltimateTH said:

How long do you need ot have owned a CB egg before you cna offer it in the trading hub? I found a CB egg of something I see someone wants, but when I try to offer it, it says the egg is too young...I evne incubated it and it's still saying it! How long do I have to wait?

There is a 5 hour cooldown on CB eggs. That applies to offering them in the trading hub as well. Incubation has no effect on it. It must have been on your scroll for 5 hours or more.

Edited by purplehaze

if I kill a dragon, will its tombstone stay on my scroll forever, or does it eventually go away like the deceased eggs

23 minutes ago, Desirai said:

if I kill a dragon, will its tombstone stay on my scroll forever, or does it eventually go away like the deceased eggs

It goes away, same as the eggs! The only "tombstones" that stay are the day appearance of Undead Dragons!

1 hour ago, Desirai said:

Unnamed it first or the name will be lost forever.

Can the variant of alcedine wyvern be predicted using alphabetical sort?

I *think*, for now it can. Wait until TJ fixes it like it happened with the Nebulae ...

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I *think*, for now it can. Wait until TJ fixes it like it happened with the Nebulae ...

He DID ? You mean even hatchies don't... ? :(

46 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

He DID ? You mean even hatchies don't... ? :(

Hatchies still do, eggs no longer do.

Oh now I feel better ! I never knew eggs ever did !

Hello, I tried to breed a stair with a balloon Thuwed of mine and I ended up with a really odd shape. Is this a new format? Or is my dorsal not a true caveborn?

image.png.1810a0fc4733cfff06e242a76361ce43.png

9 minutes ago, Sophiera said:

Hello, I tried to breed a stair with a balloon Thuwed of mine and I ended up with a really odd shape. Is this a new format? Or is my dorsal not a true caveborn?

image.png.1810a0fc4733cfff06e242a76361ce43.png

You would need a male red dorsal to breed with a caveborn female balloon to continue the lineage, I think.

EDIT: I might have sounded a bit unclear, I mean the thuwed must be a male red to continue the lineage...

EDIT 2: Oops, I didn't notice the 0 - that's just a glitch.

Edited by ChickpeaHummus

If you are talking about the generation numbers, some of TJs dragons show as gen 0 rather than 1.

If you are talking about the shape of the lineage, it has to do with the gender of the dragons involved. I presume that the Balloon is a female, so you will never be able to get a true stair.

For reference, that lineage shape is usually called a spiral-- it's a stair that alternates the gender of the CB :)

The more I look at this, the more confusing it is to me. Sophi's Balloon is on the bottom, which would imply that it's female like the rest of the balloons in that lineage, but it's making an odd pattern... 

Just now, Paintra said:

The more I look at this, the more confusing it is to me. Sophi's Balloon is on the bottom, which would imply that it's female like the rest of the balloons in that lineage, but it's making an odd pattern... 

Oh- nevermind, my bad. I didn't realize the Dorsal was the Thuwed's offspring. That's what was confusing me XD