Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Well the wiki shows them that way too (not that it's official)

It seems to fit.

But tidals don't have arms. Every other dragon with only wings for limbs is classified as an amphiptere.

One pair of legs OR forelimbs. They have back legs.

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I see what you mean - i think it's the very long want box ? Because it has no spaces between the words, it can't wrap to the next line.

image.png.00e9784614e1d5c814be87f7b051f50c.png

Yes, but it only seems to occur on that particular page.  

That's the point - if you look at that particular trade it's the ONLY one with that issue.

ETA and if you go back to trades posted at 10.34am EDT (now on page 10.... ) - it's still there and is the only one doing that.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

4 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Tj seems to have fixed that by making all text one line only, with a cutoff.

Which I think is a bad solution to a rather small problem. Not sure if I should make a thread to ask "please undo"...

5 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

Which I think is a bad solution to a rather small problem. Not sure if I should make a thread to ask "please undo"...

I think it's fine, since it opens up to the possibility of longer messages or more text fields without stretching the page, but it is a little less convenient.

So long as people WILL put lunatic oneextremelylongwordwithnobreaksinitasawantwithoutthinkingthatnoonewillreaditanyway wants, that's fine by me. That was stupid of the trader.

WAIT - you get to see the full text when you actually open the offer. That's brilliant. You'll only see the full text on things that interest you. I even more support his solution.

WAIT again the whole thing was unintentional anyway:

Edited by Fuzzbucket

1. I caught a hatchie in the AP and now I can't abandon it. I can transfer it to another person, but if I try to abandon it says

"You lead the hatchling to a nearby cave and try to walk away, but it follows you."

Did someone earthquake it or something. I don't dare abandon it now, in case it is unique! :lol:

2. Also, where can I find out how to breed the Xenos now?

@Justie In regards to your first question, that just means you failed to abandon it, which has a chance of happening. You can try again after a day has passed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

2 hours ago, subwoofer said:

@Justie In regards to your first question, that just means you failed to abandon it, which has a chance of happening. You can try again after a day has passed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

16 minutes ago, Natevaelle said:

@Justie, @subwoofer is right. :) The wiki states there are even two other possible messages that may show when you fail to abandon a hatchling. 

https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Abandon

//Edit: This might help with how to breed xenowyrms: https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Astrapi_Xenowyrm#Breeding

@Natevaelle, @subwoofer

Thank you both for your help! All these years at DC and I never knew about the chance of unsuccessful abandoning! Obviously I have not been a particularly attractive mum for the hatchies I abandon!

And I see I am going to be studying Wiki for a while if I am going to predict outcomes! 

18 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That's the point - if you look at that particular trade it's the ONLY one with that issue.

ETA and if you go back to trades posted at 10.34am EDT (now on page 10.... ) - it's still there and is the only one doing that.

How very odd. 

14 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Tj seems to have fixed that by making all text one line only, with a cutoff.

Thanks for the update. 

10 minutes ago, Justie said:

All these years at DC and I never knew about the chance of unsuccessful abandoning! Obviously I have not been a particularly attractive mum for the hatchies I abandon!

I encountered it years ago when abandoning was the only way to trade. I had to convince the person I was trying to send it to that I really couldn't!

I think I have only experienced it one or two times since, so it is not a real common thing -- of course, come to think of it I don't really abandon a whole lot of hatchies, either, except when trying to help clear an AP wall. As I understand it they are more likely to want to stay if you have raised them on your scroll.

So I took a long hiatus probably around 2013. I was browsing someone's scroll that has alt sweetlings and I noticed that not only did they have alts, they had the regular pink one, and it was a CB grabbed from the Cave in 2020! Can you now purchase old holiday dragons in the market?

8 minutes ago, KRABBIT said:

So I took a long hiatus probably around 2013. I was browsing someone's scroll that has alt sweetlings and I noticed that not only did they have alts, they had the regular pink one, and it was a CB grabbed from the Cave in 2020! Can you now purchase old holiday dragons in the market?

No, but there is a holiday biome in the cave now for each holiday, where people can grab past holiday dragons that they missed. There is still a limit of 2 CBs for both Christmas and Valentines, but Halloweens are unlimited so you can keep grabbing more of those to your heart's content.

5 minutes ago, KRABBIT said:

And for Sweetlings: if you had black Sweets before, you now can have both colours. If you only owened normal pink ones, you unfortunately can't get the black version. Hope that makes sense.

4 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

No, but there is a holiday biome in the cave now for each holiday, where people can grab past holiday dragons that they missed. There is still a limit of 2 CBs for both Christmas and Valentines, but Halloweens are unlimited so you can keep grabbing more of those to your heart's content.

Ohh Thanks! Do Holly's also drop?

1 minute ago, rinoa26 said:

And for Sweetlings: if you had black Sweets before, you now can have both colours. If you only owened normal pink ones, you unfortunately can't get the black version. Hope that makes sense.

Is it only cb pink ones? I thought the scrolls were coded, how are they determined now?

2 minutes ago, KRABBIT said:

Is it only cb pink ones? I thought the scrolls were coded, how are they determined now?

If you always only had pink ones, nothing changed. All Sweets hatch pink on your or will turn pink if pick up a black one by trading.

If your scroll was coded for blacks they now will have the colour of their Sweet parent, either black or pink. 

When I go to use fertility, my scroll name always pops up in the filter box, and then I get all the dragons with my scroll name in their names, and I have to delete the password to carry on. It's irritating; does that happen for everyone, and how can I stop it happening ?

It's probably your browser, some form autofilling tool in it.

i get this too, fuzzbucket.  i replace my scroll name with the dragon name or code, and then i'm able to select the dragon.

i do, however, need to close the pop-up box that wants my browser to remember the new "username" because, as Ruby Eyes says, it's an autofilling option on my browser. 

it took me forever and a day to figure that out, actually.

OOh I wonder of there's something i can change then. But my browser is set NOT to autofill. Even so - it's a thought - thanks.

Nope. Not unless I unsave all my DC passwords....

Edited by Fuzzbucket