TJ09

2019-06-30 - June Dragon Release

Took me until today but finally caught 4 of each. The pygmies took me awhile.

Thank you TJ for the new release and on an entirely unrelated note...

🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈 Happy Gay Pride Day! (Last Sunday in June, in the USA) 🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

Why are people always whining and complaining about "how unfair" these releases are... It's a GAME. There won't be any fun if everything could be obtained easily. Where's the challenge? Games are made of challenges! I'm from europe, most releases take place when I'm asleep, so I'm one of those players who have some more "problems" to get something in time without new eggs mixing in. But as I said above: It's a game and I take cave hunting as a challenging part of it.

That's the fun in it. Everything else would be as lame as playing a racing game without opponents. ;)

10 minutes ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

Why are people always whining and complaining about "how unfair" these releases are... It's a GAME. There won't be any fun if everything could be obtained easily. Where's the challenge? Games are made of challenges! I'm from europe, most releases take place when I'm asleep, so I'm one of those players who have some more "problems" to get something in time without new eggs mixing in. But as I said above: It's a game and I take cave hunting as a challenging part of it.

That's the fun in it. Everything else would be as lame as playing a racing game without opponents. ;)

And forums are places where people come to vent a little and commiserate with each other.  Cuz you know--it's a FORUM.

Thanks so much to TJ and the spriters! Always fun to get new dragons and their eggs. I have a bit of catching up to do since I'm just coming in to the release today. Wish me luck!

Good lord, of COURSE I miss the actual drop date so in turn miss out on the big drops. Oh, these are gonna be a huge pain in the butt to snag. Especially since they apparently jump around...

Someone REALLY did catch chillies in the desert (just checked their scroll. as they'd posted). 

CHILL in the DESERT ? that really is otherworldly.

ETA:

My grandson caught a chill (no TWO !) in VOLCANO !

So - that's documented catches of those everywhere but Alpine - anyone ?

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Well, this is an intriguing release...

Corteo's little mountaineering pygmy reminds us of the Blusang colour pattern, and TCA's otherworldly teleporter might be a little cousin of the Aeria Gloris. Nods to the past ?  😉

The pygmy is really cute so far ! I'm still wondering what the description might hint at. "Tries to climb over everything". Hmm... What could the adult species do that the little ones are practicing for ? They have wings, so they wouldn't necessarily have to climb to reach the highest point of any given thing. Or is it because the little ones can't yet fly. Or do they detest boundaries in any form, refusing to let anything block their way ? Or maybe the little ones just love climbing, like many children do. 😃

And the dimension (?) hopping little teleporter is too myterious to even speculate. Maybe they use the "second" pair of eyes to see the other dimensions they vanish to/pop up from ? The colours look promising, as for the look I'll have to wait for the adult to make out more details.

Sorting between Ridgewing and Risensong maybe it's a Rift dragon, creating and/or traveling through rifts in space/time to other places/times/dimensions.

As usual, I can't wait to see them grow up !

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Not if it's at night.  I understand the low humidity makes huge temperature swings, including chilly nights.

I do want to know about chill in the volcano, though.  :)

Caught at around 10 am UK time, I believe.

I just found the tiny light ones in the Jungle. Still looking for chilled.

I was late to notice this release, and only managed to catch a few of the pygmies yesterday, all from the jungle. I traded for a chill egg, which was from the volcano. 

Yesterday I impatiently bit a misclick, and now I'm still waiting for the dead egg to go away. Sigh. Should have known better than to risk it. 

Haven't quite got my head around the moving thingy of these otherworldly ones. 

Edited by greycat

Managed to catch a decent fill of the pygmies (4 total... 2 male and 2 female) ... still trying to get some of those elusive 'otherworldly' eggs.

Well, back to hunting, for now!

Got my eggs! Four otherworldly, only three of the pygmys because I have an ice egg I caught before the release. Once these guys hatch I'll mosey on over to the gifting tree and try to help those who can't seem to catch them.

I've caught one of the otherworldly eggs from Volcano. An all-biomes release that wanders?

I've got roughly 4-5 hours until my eggs can hatch, and I know I was a couple hours late to this release, so I'm assuming others will be getting hatchlings fairly soon. It's one of my favorite parts of new releases, seeing hatchery ERs filling up with the new eggs and watching them all hatch. 

As curious as I am about the portal-hopping noodle I think the pygmy is my favorite from this release (so far). I just absolutely adore the hatchie, something about the simple pose and coloring is just so awesome to me.

7 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Someone REALLY did catch chillies in the desert (just checked their scroll. as they'd posted). 

ETA:

My grandson caught a chill (no TWO !) in VOLCANO !

So - that's documented catches of those everywhere but Alpine - anyone ?

Well, Antarctica is a desert 

Apologies if this has been said before, but I just noticed that all of TJ’s June Pygmies are all female. Does that mean this is an all-female breed?

4 minutes ago, Solaries said:

Apologies if this has been said before, but I just noticed that all of TJ’s June Pygmies are all female. Does that mean this is an all-female breed?

no, he just didn't have one gender correctly. Since there are 3 sprites, that means hatchy sprite, and then adult dimorphism, so there is a female and male adult sprite

Could someone help me figure out what I'm looking at with the purple hatchie?  My eyes aren't the greatest and neither is my monitor, but for the life of me I can't process what's going on with the middle of the body.  It is supposed to be curving away from the viewer?  Is it missing?  What are the two lines sticking out above the body?  Thanks in advance.

@Leidarendi To me the hatchling's midsection seems to be missing, looks like its front body is exiting a rift in time-space while the rear end is just entering that rift. Pretty neat!

Yes that's what I thought too based on the descriotion

"look! It’s started vanishing into mysterious holes in the air"

loving this release once again .curious as to the eventual meaning of the descriptions. Interesting to see how the light egg pairs with the heavy nilia. Of course I could be misinterpreting light as not heavy as opposed to not dark?

Edited by Velvet_paw

So I know we are still figuring out where these guys are dropping (and maybe when?). Has anyone started putting together data on what's been caught in particular places?

(I just caught a pair of pygmies in the Jungle around 1:20-ish)

Caught my pygmies in the jungle and chills from the volcano coast and jungle. don't know times as I was just trying to catch them..

Edited by Velvet_paw