TJ09

2019-06-30 - June Dragon Release

Posted (edited)

PORTAL DERG!

I want it, but I can't grab it.

:( 

EDIT: I spotted one in the Alpine and missed it again.

Edited by Shokomon

36 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Well, 5 of the 6 I grabbed precogged male, so I think it's likely just random. Maybe TJ just forgot to influence his. Wonder if he can fix that, too, with his magic?

I assume so. He turned back time already: 

12 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

TJ's eggs broke time.

Screenshot_20190630-204752.png

image.png.e74247e8c3a8c96ae02076518ff978d6.png

Tiny egg in the Jungle now.

I haven't had this much bad luck in years!!!  I got the three pygmy's easily, as did most everybody, but I've been trying since I posted on page one of this drop and haven't been able to capture a single 'chill' egg!!!  I was up until 1am last night trying and tried a few times this morning and not even a glimmer...

Thank you to the Spriters and TJ for the drop, but I'm done for the time being...😓

Posted (edited)

Wonder where they're going with these otherworldy dragons... First the Aeria Gloris, now the "chill"? Hmmm....  (also @husky51 AA SOO TRUE NOT EVEN ONE CHILL EGG OOF)

Edited by InfiniteGalaxiezz05

I want to try breeding them together!  Snaky, otherworldly, lots of eyes...

And I want the last of my old eggs to hurry up and hatch so I can try to get more new ones.

😄BiCS.png.d867026aef4abf20152026944d780f9a.png👀

At first, I didn't know what the hell I was looking at...and then remembered the "here-then-there" reference.  Quite cool, TCA...😁💙

Looking like we got some good dragons here.  The Chill one is particularly interesting.  I'm getting the feeling they can open dimensional portals?

Wow, the purple one is so interesting! For a minute I couldn't figure out what was going on with the sprite (didn't help that I just woke up and my eyes are a little blurry), but then omg a portal-hopper! Now I really hope this one has a BSA of some sort.

25 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Wow, the purple one is so interesting! For a minute I couldn't figure out what was going on with the sprite (didn't help that I just woke up and my eyes are a little blurry), but then omg a portal-hopper! Now I really hope this one has a BSA of some sort.

Rifthopper... ;) 

Another "reference" ?

Managed to get two Chill but still gotta find the pgymys. 😮

I'm sure there are a bunch of people who'd love to swap with you. :)

Try the jungle?  It might change on the hour, though.  Just click through the biomes looking for "This tiny egg is rather light."

Posted (edited)

Yeah, i'm parked in the forest and jungle. 😛

Edit: Got 'em! :D

Edited by Crobat

Oooh new release! I think this is one of the few times I was there relatively early although the biome hopping did not help matters. Chill ones are tricky, I wonder if they'll be rarer than the pygmies?

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

But they haven't  in quite a while. I've had midday, 6am and others. And it's easy to say check at 12 am cave time - that is sheer hell for anyone for whom that is 4 am and they can't stay up all night, even for a GAME when they know something is going to happen. Most of us did twig that there would BE a release over the weekend, and kept an eye.

And forewarning used to clog the biomes something awful, as everyone was carefully unlocked and waiting.

which is why drops need to flood for longer, IMO. Changing the time of release is going to screw someone up, no matter what time it is set at. Multiple countries and time zones play this game, and multiple timezones and countries get screwed out of new releases becuase new eggs mix in when they just find out about it, whether it be due to school, work, family, etc. 

Floods should go for LONGER rather than randomizing the drop time without any forewarning. If new eggs dropped longer before old eggs mixed in, more people would have a chance at them and there wouldn't be this constant screwing over of different time zones. 

Because no matter waht, the current set up screws SOMEONE over. Doesn't matter who, just the fact that the way things are now, there ARE time zones that are utterly screwed at getting new eggs because old eggs will already be in the mix by the time they can access the website. You're right. It's an online GAME, so i dont' understand why things have to be this difficult and badly designed. It's a collector's game that punishes people for living in the wrong time zones, which doesn't HAVE to happen if the floods would just drop for an actual decent length of time

Edited by Sirithiliel

The other alternative would be to release them at the same rate as any other dragon. No floods of any kind.

They are after all permanent additions to the site; why is it so vital to get them the day they show up ? ALL the birthday ones are dead easy to find now, for instance.

I have an adult life and... didn't know the drop was happening, wasn't here when the drop was happening, checked the biomes, saw that old eggs were mixed in already... and I am not upset.

I've grabbed my 4 eggs, 2 for each gender! Excited to see what's in store for them and to see their adult forms~

3 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

which is why drops need to flood for longer, IMO. Changing the time of release is going to screw someone up, no matter what time it is set at. Multiple countries and time zones play this game, and multiple timezones and countries get screwed out of new releases becuase new eggs mix in when they just find out about it, whether it be due to school, work, family, etc. 

Floods should go for LONGER rather than randomizing the drop time without any forewarning. If new eggs dropped longer before old eggs mixed in, more people would have a chance at them and there wouldn't be this constant screwing over of different time zones

While I'm not opposed to new release floods lasting longer, there would have to be a balance with the ratios. Flooding for a long time, as we've seen in years past, means that the ratios will get screwed and there is a very real possibility that there will be a 'drought' with the new eggs after the extended flood. That could possibly be worked around by not having the flood-eggs 'count' in the normal ratios, as has been suggested before, but I'm very skeptical that TJ would ever agree to such a thing. 

(Also, it should be noted that these releases are *permanent*, so even if you completely miss the initial flood it's not like that's your only shot at getting them. There are still plenty in the biomes, you just have to be a little more careful about clicking now that old ones are mixed in.)

7 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

The other alternative would be to release them at the same rate as any other dragon. No floods of any kind.

They are after all permanent additions to the site; why is it so vital to get them the day they show up ? ALL the birthday ones are dead easy to find now, for instance.

Some people sort by the date, they need at least a set from release day.

Not to mention the times when releases become very scarce after their release. Coppers and Xenowyrms are still a pain to find.

16 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

While that is a viable alternative, there's a big bonus to floods: Ratios get settled faster. With floods, it'll only take a couple of years before you can breed the new common to an older common and get something else but the new breed. Without floods - it'd probably take decades. ;)