TJ09

2019-06-30 - June Dragon Release

Verified - pygmies: coast, forest, jungle.

Portals - everywhere but Alpine, so far.

They're in the Alpine too ;)

https://dragcave.net/lineage/8mhgG

~/view/ link changed to /lineage/ link~

Edited by purpledragonclaw

7 hours ago, Lantean_Pegasus said:

The pygmy is really cute so far ! I'm still wondering what the description might hint at. "Tries to climb over everything". Hmm... What could the adult species do that the little ones are practicing for ? They have wings, so they wouldn't necessarily have to climb to reach the highest point of any given thing. Or is it because the little ones can't yet fly. 😃

They are the colours of a clouded sky, so maybe they're just superb flyers when grown.

Edited by Fly-by-Night

Thank you for the new release.

After four hours stalking the cave, I am happily egg-locked. It is difficult, but not impossible.

Huh, I just found a chill egg in the desert. I guess they don't cycle through biomes in the same way every day, or they should have been in coast and forest at this hour.

I suspect there's no pattern.... or one that will take us all FOREVER to figure out.

27 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I suspect there's no pattern.... or one that will take us all FOREVER to figure out.

*flashback to figuring out Siyat colors* I wouldn't want every release to be like that, but I think every so often it's fun to have different things to have to figure out instead of just a straight-forward grab-hatch type of thing. I love sitting back and watching people figure it all out. 

There are hatchlings in the hatcheries now! My pygmy has about an hour to go until it can hatch, but my otherworldly egg is on last-stage cracking! *taps it impatiently*

3 hours ago, Sazandora said:

@Leidarendi To me the hatchling's midsection seems to be missing, looks like its front body is exiting a rift in time-space while the rear end is just entering that rift. Pretty neat!

Thanks for clarifying!

Just checked the hatchlings, and they're both great, especially the portal one; can't wait to see the adults! ~ ♥

We probably need a spreadsheet to capture this drop data...

But Im lazy.

7 hours ago, Velvet_paw said:

Interesting to see how the light egg pairs with the heavy nilia. Of course I could be misinterpreting light as not heavy as opposed to not dark?

"This tiny egg is rather light."

I also read that as weight, not color.  If it "felt" or "looked" light, then it would be completely clear, but my gut feeling is that color would have been described differently- "light blue", or "light and mottled", or maybe "lightly-colored".  Just impressions, but mine match yours.

Edit, new topic:

I have tentatively started a spreadsheet.  Link here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WKwiVLZ-HxcM59JT8IzY_b0RuRlPiN11okLGl6jE48A/edit?usp=sharing

It's got slots for date/time, and for biomes that had the eggs in them at that time.  Confirmation links not needed- I plan to just look through the biomes for chill eggs and record the relevant biomes.  If you can back-calculate your eggs' times, that would also be useful, but probably a big pain, too.

Edited by Pilauli

@Pilauli I caught 4 chills from the coast - between 1:50 and 2:30 pm cave time. don't remember exact times, but saw quite a few there in the 1 and 2pm hours :)

@Pilauli

I caught a chill from forest a few minutes ago and saw two in coast just now, that I didn't manage to grab

I'd like to list my chills for your spreedsheet too so here it goes

Jungle  caught chill - june the 30th 2pm

Jungle caught chill  - june the 30th 2 pm

desert caught chill -  july the 1th 2am

I'd also like to point out that we can't be sure there is a mechanism behind it. On the danger of causing a frenzy - Wasn't it said that a truely rare breed (not one that was rare due to popularity) has to appear in all biomes like gold and silver do? I think I vaguely recall a statement to that effect.

Edited by Laura-Lana

They might as well migrate randomly like Imperial Fleshcrownes do ...

I caught one in the alpine on July 1, don't remember the exact minute but it hatches in less than 2 hours from now, so I guess that makes it sometime between 7am - 8 am. It's got to have bene 6:25 am.

Edit: Spotted some in forest right now, 5:15 am

Edited by Ripan

5:15am is also where I found mine at the Coast. Does it look like they'll appear in two locations per time period? Maybe hourly?

Just caught an alpine otherworldly a couple minutes ago 6:05am ish cave time.

Yup, just caught one from alpine too, have not seen them in any other biome this hour though.

A friend of mine caught a chill egg from the coast about 6 minutes ago. 6:30 cave time.

EDIT: 6:40, two chill eggs spawned at the same time in the alpine. Caught one of them.

Edited by Sazandora

Non-coast Chill eggs?  Definitely.  I've got two coast eggs and a volcano hatchy on my scroll right now, if you'd like to go look.  Coast ones are pretty common, though.

Thanks to everyone who's been contributing to the spreadsheet!  Hopefully we can find some sort of pattern, or at least a solid lack of pattern. :)

Edited by Pilauli

3 minutes ago, Pilauli said:

Non-coast Chill eggs?  Definitely.  I've got two coast eggs and a volcano hatchy on my scroll right now, if you'd like to go look.  Coast ones are pretty common, though.

Thanks to everyone who's been contributing to the spreadsheet!  Hopefully we can find some sort of pattern, or at least a solid lack of pattern. :)

Lemme rephrase, my question was to ask if there had been hours where Chill eggs spawn in two other locations except the Coast.

Right now it looks like it'll always be Coast + one random location. 🤔

Edited by scalesofgrey