TJ09

2019-06-30 - June Dragon Release

It is otherworldly after all :lol: 

Oh how could I miss that?! Another Pygmy, that is great! And the other one is so cool, with that mystyrious whole in the air.

Great job and thank you!!

Why did the release happen at 21:00 and not at 6:00 in the morning as usual?

There is no "as usual" - and it varies to allow for people in different time zones.

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

There is no "as usual" - and it varies to allow for people in different time zones.

not as effective when there's no forewarning. If it happens at a certain time pretty often, which it does (12am cave time), then people in different time zones will be used to checking the site at that time

usually it happens at midnight for me, which means i end up 8 or 9 hours late to a drop because my sleep is more important than a internet game. This drop happened when i was eating dinner and out grocery shopping, still not good but i did actually get to the drop earlier than i normally do since i was only six hours late

but still,w ithout forewarning i don't think it really does any good to allow for other time zones to have a better opportunity, especially after they've consistently released in a regular time frame for a while

Yeah, and I don't care for this particular variation! Worst time for me.  Early to bed for work, and don't know it's happened until dinnertime the next day. Having said that, I have managed to get my eggs without too much trouble.

3 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

not as effective when there's no forewarning. If it happens at a certain time pretty often, which it does (12am cave time), then people in different time zones will be used to checking the site at that time

usually it happens at midnight for me, which means i end up 8 or 9 hours late to a drop because my sleep is more important than a internet game. This drop happened when i was eating dinner and out grocery shopping, still not good but i did actually get to the drop earlier than i normally do since i was only six hours late

but still,w ithout forewarning i don't think it really does any good to allow for other time zones to have a better opportunity, especially after they've consistently released in a regular time frame for a while

But they haven't  in quite a while. I've had midday, 6am and others. And it's easy to say check at 12 am cave time - that is sheer hell for anyone for whom that is 4 am and they can't stay up all night, even for a GAME when they know something is going to happen. Most of us did twig that there would BE a release over the weekend, and kept an eye.

And forewarning used to clog the biomes something awful, as everyone was carefully unlocked and waiting.

Anybody figured out a regular rotation  for the Chill eggs or is it really random?

Hmmmm all TJ;s pygmies are girls. Is this significant ? (I DO hope not...)

Portal dragons... 😮 I'm eager to see how they look as adults! I may have a new favorite.

The pygmies look like little stuffed animals and I almost want them to keep that aesthetic when they're grown. 

1 hour ago, VixenDra said:

Better sollution woudl be to make the exclusive flood last full 24h and only affect the release biomes. This way no matter whne the release starts and where you live, you have equal chances and circumstances.
I'm wondering why TJ still hasn't realised that most of the DC playerbase nowadays are adults who have adult lives.

I would love a full 24 hour drop of new eggs! It would make it so much easier for those who play the game with busy lives. Usually drops happen while I'm sleeping and I can catch in the morning. When I woke there was no new eggs dropping, by the time I saw new eggs were dropping they were mixed in with old eggs. I managed to catch the pygmy eggs but haven't seen the one with 'the other worldly chill.

Right now I have other demands of me so I only get a little time on the computer each and every day I work 40 hours a week, I have a 7 month old Border Collie cross pup that needs lots of exercise/training, I have a Mother who had a mild stroke and needs more help around the home so basically after 5 AM (PST) I am not on the computer much.

37 minutes ago, dragonpuck said:

Anybody figured out a regular rotation  for the Chill eggs or is it really random?

The wiki has the start of a schedule, but it only has three hours noted...

Hatchies look good so far.

1 hour ago, Sirithiliel said:

Bingo--kind of messed everyone up instead of just a lot of people up.  I had only locked my scroll an hour or so before it started after keeping it unlocked at 12:01 am on both Sat and Sun.

17 hours ago, Whirlaway said:

This tiny egg is rather light. Forest. Sorts between Ash and Azure Glacewing.

This egg radiates an otherworldly chill. Coast and Forest. Sorts between Ridgewing and Risensong. Can be bitten.

Hey, they’re in Jungle too!!@Whirlaway just found out they actually switch biomes every so often, my bad...

Edited by Scribbiesan

The pygmies can be influenced so I think it's not intentional that all the pygmies gendered female.

Good point - I have even done mine !

The Chill ones are proving to be a nightmare to grab. Even in biomes with maybe 3 - 4 people, I've !managed to get one and two misclicks that I would bite if it weren't for the fact that my bite rates are abysmal nowadays.

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Hmmmm all TJ;s pygmies are girls. Is this significant ? (I DO hope not...)

I don't think so. All mine precognitioned as girls, but I was able to influence one male. Maybe they're just more likely to be female.

FINALLY have four pairs.

27 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

I don't think so. All mine precognitioned as girls, but I was able to influence one male. Maybe they're just more likely to be female.

Well, 5 of the 6 I grabbed precogged male, so I think it's likely just random. Maybe TJ just forgot to influence his. Wonder if he can fix that, too, with his magic?

12 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Well, 5 of the 6 I grabbed precogged male, so I think it's likely just random. Maybe TJ just forgot to influence his. Wonder if he can fix that, too, with his magic?

They're probably just random.

Related image

FINALLY! We only had to wait through 16 releases for another full sized wyrm.

Image result for hype train

Hopefully there will be many more in the near future.

The powers look really cool, the colors pop, and for once the design isn't bulky and spiky, I love me some bulky and/or spiky dragons and generally think that DC veers a bit too thin and too smooth most of the time but it started to feel like every wyrm had to be covered in spikes and be super bulky to even get onto the site, and with how much most spriters seemed to favor thinner, smoother designs...Well, I started to think we would almost never get any. It's nice to see that I was just being paranoid.

Edited by blockEdragon

PORTAL DERG!

I want it, but I can't grab it.

:( 

EDIT: I spotted one in the Alpine and missed it again.

Edited by Shokomon