TJ09

2019-06-30 - June Dragon Release

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Pilauli said:

Non-coast Chill eggs?  Definitely.  I've got two coast eggs and a volcano hatchy on my scroll right now, if you'd like to go look.  Coast ones are pretty common, though.

Thanks to everyone who's been contributing to the spreadsheet!  Hopefully we can find some sort of pattern, or at least a solid lack of pattern. :)

Lemme rephrase, my question was to ask if there had been hours where Chill eggs spawn in two other locations except the Coast.

Right now it looks like it'll always be Coast + one random location. 🤔

Edited by scalesofgrey

Okay, sorry.  Yeah, that does look like a reasonable explanation for the data we have.  Somehow, I interpreted "always" as "always and only".

Posted (edited)

What spreadsheet?

oh nevermind,,,    hope we get a new BSA soon...

Edited by FoxintheBox

If it's useful for people getting data, I just got 4 of the pygmies from the forest (ca. 8:30 AM cave time).

Got 4 chill eggs from the Volcano biome. Dropping pretty frequently there.

They're in the Alpine now, looks like they swapped on the hour.

Posted (edited)

Oh for goodness sake, get portal jumping over to the jungle already you big gap noodles, I need only one more from there! 😤I don't have time to camp out in this glorified marsh all day!

Edited by Ripan

Posted (edited)

Adult in 14 hours! Time to start up my hype engine. 'w'

Edited by SkyWolf25

I need one from desert and one from forest, if I am going to try to go that route....

I've got four from desert and four from Alpine, happy with that.

I've rather lost track, but I only have one from Alpine (thanks to your post !)  But I wonder about breeding weirdnesses, so I thought I'd try to get some from everywhere....

Posted (edited)

do we know if there is anything special about them being in different biomes, or is it more just a 'i want one from each' sort of thing?  there'd be more sprites if it was a actual difference, i suppose

I've got a large amount from coast, and two from jungle, but none from other biomes

Edited by Sirithiliel

Different biomes don't usually make a difference, but as we always say, you just never know what TJ has planned.

They're finally in the jungle again!

@Sirithiliel There's probably nothing biome specific about the looks of the breed, considering TJ's keeping only 3.

But I'm collecting from every biome because I want to, and I figure there might be some breeding shenanigans happening when you breed them, like with xenos, where the offspring's coloring/type may depend on the biome of the parent. 

I'm pretty sure there is no difference in the dragons themselves. A lot of people try to get one from each biome because of the breeds that have biome specific breeding patterns.

I have two from coast and two from desert right now. Not especially worried about getting one from each biome right now. If I decide to do a lineage where it matters I should be able to pick up what I need later.

These hatchies are so cute and the descriptions are pretty interesting... I can't wait to see what they grow up into.

Posted (edited)

Aww.  I come back from my vacation to find that there was a release while I was gone.  And there aren't any in the cave right now.  😕

Edit:  Managed to grab two of the tiny and light ones.  :D

Edited by Lightstorm12000

*mhelm*

For when they grow up

1 hour ago, Ripan said:

They're finally in the jungle again!

@Sirithiliel There's probably nothing biome specific about the looks of the breed, considering TJ's keeping only 3.

But I'm collecting from every biome because I want to, and I figure there might be some breeding shenanigans happening when you breed them, like with xenos, where the offspring's coloring/type may depend on the biome of the parent. 

Exactly. Thinking coppers....

Aww drat missed another release. Are they still dropping?

They are, I just got a chill egg from the coast a few minutes ago.

Posted (edited)

I believe both kinds are also dropping in the forest this hour.  You have to be quick on the 5-minute drop, though.

Data for "otherworldly chill" egg locations basically says this:

6 hours ago, scalesofgrey said:

Right now it looks like it'll always be Coast + one random location. 🤔

If anyone can come up with a pattern (rather than "random") that explains the non-coast location schedule, though, that'd be awesome.  Link to the data is in my sig.

I haven't been paying much attention to the pygmies, but they have definitely been in the forest lately.

Edited by Pilauli

Just catching up. Missed the original drop