Jump to content
TJ09

2019-06-30 - June Dragon Release

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I managed to catch two in the desert, since no one was in there at the time😁 Getting into the coast biome was crazy 

Edited by StrikeFire
Spelling error

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

 

(Also, it should be noted that these releases are *permanent*, so even if you completely miss the initial flood it's not like that's your only shot at getting them. There are still plenty in the biomes, you just have to be a little more careful about clicking now that old ones are mixed in.)

 

that doesn't mean much to the people with slower internet or just bad luck

 

i have not seen a single CB copper in the biomes since their release. If i hadn't managed to get 2 of each during that release, or haven't been able to trade for some, i STILL would have none.

Being permanent doesn't mean anything if they end up being rares that the common person will never find. I've never found a CB Silver, Gold, or any Dinos in the biomes either. I can never find xenowyrms, zyumorphs, or even trios. I have to trade or use the market for everything like that, and i can really feel for the people who don't have trade fodder they can offer up for rares like those. 

 

i don't mind if they're scarce after release. They already ARE Scarce after release if they're a rare egg. So if people can at least get some during a flood, then i don't see anyone complaining that they're hard to find after, since the rares already ARE hard to find after. It doesn't seem like it'll make a difference, except to those lucky people who seem to be able to get all the CB rares from the biomes somehow without me ever seeing a one despite checking on the hour every hour reguarly. I swear some people use bots or something else to get rare eggs with how many i see some people having up for trade, and i having never even SEEN one in the biomes

 

but, basically, they already are impossible for some people to get out of the biomes, and i bet those people would appreciate a longer flood so they can actually have one without paying an arm and a leg for a rare new release where people only want 2nd gen prizes or CB golds for

Share this post


Link to post

Filled myself up yesterday with these. The wyrmies look amazing!

Very curious as to how the pygmy looks too.

Share this post


Link to post

I didn’t know new dragons were launching!!! Thank goodness I have a platinum trophy and 6 open slots for eggs lol!

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, StrikeFire said:

I managed to catch two in the desert, since no one was in there at the time😁 Getting into the coast biome was crazy 

Desert? :huh: They're in the desert, too?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

The other alternative would be to release them at the same rate as any other dragon. No floods of any kind.

 

They are after all permanent additions to the site; why is it so vital to get them the day they show up ? ALL the birthday ones are dead easy to find now, for instance.

 

Well, aren't the birthday ones usually easy?  I've only been here for 2, course, but both the Hogwarts and new what-ever-the-theme is were common from the start.

 

I wish they'd flood with only the new type for 24 hours.  But I know that won't happen.  But I can wish.

Share this post


Link to post

Oof, the one day I don't check DC for a release post. The past 5 minute drops have been empty.

Share this post


Link to post

@Cyberr I looked through the trading hub and could only find pygmies from forest and jungle.  Those are also the only places I remember seeing the eggs.  So... I don't think they switch biomes, but of course, nothing's certain in life.

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

 

Well, aren't the birthday ones usually easy?  I've only been here for 2, course, but both the Hogwarts and new what-ever-the-theme is were common from the start.

 

I wish they'd flood with only the new type for 24 hours.  But I know that won't happen.  But I can wish.

Not necessarily. The 7th birthday release had a bit of everything. 4 commons (currently at 100 shards in the market), two almost-rares (Gilded Bloodscales and Coppers) as well as one hybrid. When the hybrid was released, I had this inkling that it would be a good idea to wait with breeding them  - which is the one reason why I managed to catch one pair of each copper color that day. the next CBs took me quite a while to get.

Share this post


Link to post

Biome switching really brings to mind this age-old suggestion about migrating dragons... interesting.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, Cyberr said:

Does both of them switch biomes? O.o

 

So far I've found the chillies in the Alpine and Volcano, and the tinies in the Forest and Jungle. I've only been hunting the last couple of hours so I'm not sure whether they were available in both biomes at the same time, but I think they weren't based on TJ's post. I'm sure the userbase will have the times ironed out in no time. 

 

Edit - I'll note that this comment from yesterday refers to the chilly eggs showing up in the Coast, and now that I think about it when I first started hunting I'm fairly sure that I saw them there, too. 

Edited by kerrikins

Share this post


Link to post

 

22 minutes ago, kerrikins said:

 

So far I've found the chillies in the Alpine and Volcano, and the tinies in the Forest and Jungle. I've only been hunting the last couple of hours so I'm not sure whether they were available in both biomes at the same time, but I think they weren't based on TJ's post. I'm sure the userbase will have the times ironed out in no time. 

 

Edit - I'll note that this comment from yesterday refers to the chilly eggs showing up in the Coast, and now that I think about it when I first started hunting I'm fairly sure that I saw them there, too. 

This seems a little bit complicated, but thank you very much ^.^ I've caught so far some pygmies and one chillie.

Share this post


Link to post

I just caught an otherworldly from the Volcano, if anyone needs to know what biome they're in right now. Just found out about the release ~8 minutes ago though, so forgive me if this is redundant information. :P Figured it would be worth mentioning since it seems we're still trying to figure them out. Perhaps it varies by the hour, like Fire Gems' color?

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

The other alternative would be to release them at the same rate as any other dragon. No floods of any kind.

 

They are after all permanent additions to the site; why is it so vital to get them the day they show up ? ALL the birthday ones are dead easy to find now, for instance.

 

because you might never find them again, regardless of if they are permanent. 

Take coppers. I got 2 of each color when they released in 2013, and i haven't seen a single CB copper in a biome to grab since then, and it's been years and i've played regularly. the other CBs i have i got through trading since i was lucky and won a silver shimmer in the raffle. But not everyone has a cb shimmer on hand to do breeding with and get whatever they can't catch themselves, and there are surely people out there who were at the drop when coppers were released, and STILL don't have a complete set

 

the reason it's 'vital' is because unless you're one of those super lucky people that can get 5 cb golds a week or however they manage to get so many to trade, so often,, y ou are not going to find rares in the biomes no matter how diligently you search. Your internet is worse than someone else's, and they're always going to get it first. So the flood when a new release drops tends to be some peoples' ONLY chance to get those rares. Because people sure aren't going to trade them for cheap, and if you miss the flood of a rare, you stand the chance of never having one, regardless of how permanent they are.

 

 

Edited by Sirithiliel

Share this post


Link to post

I am currently on vacation where my service (I don’t have WiFi) is usually one bar if I’m lucky. Most of the time I have no service. Caught all like just fine. 

 

I wouldnt mind a 24 hour release but i honestly would love to see a new rare. Having everything be common and easily accessible if not straight up handed to you is boring and isn’t healthy for long term gameplay really. Sometime soon you need to work towards something and you’re just going to have to accept that. Yes there’s is a bit of luck as well ( I won a CB silver shimmer the very first year the year came out), but you can trade up to things if you find the right trade. I know users who trade certain rares for handfuls of commons. Just look for them. I used to do large amounts of turps for my 2Gs back when they were extremely rare. 

 

No I don’t see the rares often. I saw my first CB silver in years yesterday. But it’s nice to have valuables to work for. 

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

 

because you might never find them again, regardless of if they are permanent. 

Take coppers. I got 2 of each color when they released in 2013, and i haven't seen a single CB copper in a biome to grab since then, and it's been years and i've played regularly. the other CBs i have i got through trading since i was lucky and won a silver shimmer in the raffle. But not everyone has a cb shimmer on hand to do breeding with and get whatever they can't catch themselves, and there are surely people out there who were at the drop when coppers were released, and STILL don't have a complete set

 

the reason it's 'vital' is because unless you're one of those super lucky people that can get 5 cb golds a week or however they manage to get so many to trade, so often,, y ou are not going to find rares in the biomes no matter how diligently you search. Your internet is worse than someone else's, and they're always going to get it first. So the flood when a new release drops tends to be some peoples' ONLY chance to get those rares. Because people sure aren't going to trade them for cheap, and if you miss the flood of a rare, you stand the chance of never having one, regardless of how permanent they are.

 

 

 

This is just your own experience though. Yes, some people have a really hard time finding Coppers, Golds, etc etc. Some people seem to 'attract' bad luck in that area and often have a hard time finding new-ish eggs regardless of how 'rare' they are supposed to be. But that is not every user's experience. Again, I wouldn't mind at all if the new-release floods were longer, but it should definitely be taken into consideration that the people complaining about short floods are only *one* specific type of experience. I, personally, have no problem at all catching Xenos, Zyus, Trios, etc... Coppers are a little harder, but even with them I see 1-2 every week. Golds/Silvers are different, at the 'highest' tier of rarity, but anything else I see relatively often in the biomes. And I am *not* a fast-clicker in general, nor do I have super-fast internet. (Also, in general *most* new releases are not 'rare' at all, they may be user-driven 'rare' for a bit after the initial grab-fest but they are certainly not on scale with Coppers and such. The last truly 'rare' release, in terms of actual numbers dropping in the cave, was probably Zyus.)

 

I'm not trying to downplay the struggle that some people have with new releases, I'm just trying to point out that people have different experiences (and honestly nothing TJ can do would satisfy *everyone*).

Share this post


Link to post

In the above respect, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to make things drop more, so that more users can "easily" access them. Why not make it easier for more users to access a new breed on release? If the only negative is that it might impact "ratios" or trade value, then it may be best to reconsider shorter flood times. I don't think a limited <24 hour flood is even sufficiently justified as a "challenge".

 

I didn't have any issues with this drop, for disclosure purposes.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

 

 

 

I'm not trying to downplay the struggle that some people have with new releases, I'm just trying to point out that people have different experiences (and honestly nothing TJ can do would satisfy *everyone*).

 

yes, that's exactly my point. Different experiences for people, but especially because of their time zone. If a flood lasts 6 hours, and old eggs begin mixing in, then the people who are at work, at school, have a family, are sleeping, etc, are screwed over because they have real life commitments that conflicts with a super-short drop. I would just like to see more fairness and less favoritism in the flood, so that more people have a chance to access a new release. For all we know, the new release could be the next coppers.

 

ultimately, i want to see the game be pretty fair to everyone regardless of time zone, if they have adult responsibilities or not, or if they have arthritis or bad internet or some other issue that prevents them from grabbing eggs. A new release is supposed to be a great thing for the cave, but it seems like a lot of the time it just causes conflict and stress to people because they couldn't be there when the eggs were still easy to grab, and now have to struggle to find any. Not meaning only this release, i'm meaning all releases. There's always somone cut out because the releases only last 6 or 10 hours, but tha'ts not always enough time for everyone to get a shot at them before old eggs are once more stopping up the biomes

 

anyways, i'll just leave it at that. It's obvious by now that things aren't going to change in terms of how releases are done, people have been asking for more scheduled ones or for longer floods long before this and things are still the same, so i guess there's no real point beating the bush about it. 

 

Edited by Sirithiliel

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

 

 

anyways, i'll just leave it at that. It's obvious by now that things aren't going to change in terms of how releases are done, people have been asking for more scheduled ones or for longer floods long before this and things are still the same, so i guess there's no real point beating the bush about it. 

  

 

To tag on to this, I'd actually love to see more releases like this one where the eggs move around. It means that all the biomes keep moving rather than some getting ignored during the release, which impacts the overall ratios of commons in the biomes that aren't moving. Hopefully there are other releases in the future that do this. 

Share this post


Link to post

Well, I FINALLY was able to grab one of the 'chills' on my own, and olympe offered and gifted me two more of the 'chills'...  Again, thank you olympe...

 

Done for now with the drop and I note that the three 'new' dragons that I have to raise for the July Raffle all have to be Coastals, which by chance (?) the 'chills' are all Coastal's.

 

TJ, this was a hard and frustrating Drop, but you know what?  I value my three 'chill's' all the more for that...

 

Spriters:  Thank you for your creations...

Share this post


Link to post

Really like the look of the little vortex noodles! Pygmies aren't the most interesting at present but I'll reserve judgement til we see adults. I like nilias quite a bit so there's good precedent. :P 

Share this post


Link to post

Yay, new dragons! The otherworldly looks really cool already :D

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.