TJ09

2019-06-30 - June Dragon Release

Oooooooh I LOVE them! Such a cool design on the wyrm sprite, so great to see spriters getting creative with designs. Also, something about the pygmies just tugs my heart, they're so simple and small and pretty and cute, @Corteo's style just never fails for me! I'm happy we've been getting so many non-dragons lately, and more variety in the body types of actual dragons. Yay DC, TJ and spriters!!

The "Area Pygmy" typo was intention and the dragons are actually aliens in dragon skin.  Their real name is Area 51 pygmy.  Don't tell anyone or the aliens will come for you

giphy.gif

Rift Wyrms are dragons adapted to both the frigid depths of the sea and the void that exists in the space between spaces.

I suppose it is intended that they're spawning in Coast + one other random location that changes hourly then?

For some reason, they remind me a lot of morays.

Edited by scalesofgrey

5 hours ago, Laura-Borealis said:

I feel sorry for the little pygmies, they really are lovely too, but the Rift Wyrms steal the show. What a stunning design!

This rather. But the pygmies are more pygmy than some of the larger recent ones.

Both are really good - thanks, spriters.

Poor pygmies, the Rifts really steal the show in this release.

I'm a fan of both though. Love the colouration of the pygmies.

Thank you!

Ah, not really blown away by either... I like the concept of the Rifts but the actual final product is a bit too disjointed looking to woo me, and the pygmies are fairly plain in both look and behavior, although I do like the blue salamander tails.

Which works just as well, I was worried about dealing with all that biome-hopping if these were new favorites! XD 

Okay, so the wyrms are nice and we definitly need more wyrms, even more so if the'll all be that cool.
But can we please take a moment to appreciate how totally amazing and loveable the grown up pygmies are? I feel like I need a LOT of them. :D

Also yay, I cought two blusangs in the cave? Never actually cought one myself before, so this makes the release even better. ^^

While neither of these are my type as far as hoarding goes, (and that's just compared to all the bangers we've been getting lately) I think these two are really well executed and lovely designs. 

I knew in my molecules that the purple one was a TCA dragon as soon as I saw the egg colors/shading and confirmed it immediately upon seeing the mouth of the hatchie lol. Very iconic, consistent and enduring style through each release, almost like the dragcave Studio Trigger, if I had to make a comparison. 

I love the pygmies' colours! The head of the female looks chopped off on my mobile, though, so I can't wait to see them on my PC at home. That said, the dangling front legs of the female will take some getting used to on any device.

The Rift Wyrm's description - "spaces between spaces"....  isn't that straight out of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull??

The female's sprite is way too busy/clogged up in the head area. The male is good though. If any of the dimorphed sprites is somehow worse than the other it's always the female - I bet the females are nearly always done second in those cases...  I get it it may be more difficult to make a nother pose to an epic first one or that many artists have problems to draw the same creature again in a different pose, but it's a pity it's nearly always the female that looks sort of forced:<

I personally prefer the pygmies this time, as I don't like the wyrm female - I feel like she spoiled a good male.

I'm pretty neutral towards both of these. The pygmy's pretty plain but otherwise alright, Rift Wyrms are alright, purple is my favorite color so that wins some points from me.

Pretty average release in my opinion. Thanks to TJ and the spriters for this one. :)

i legit spent the last few days thinking "i swear to god, if they released a gold/purple dragon a month after I didnt get a summonable Thanos-Dragon, and its not a Thanos Dragon, i will lose my crap, find it, and then shoot it behind a barn"

......but those Rifts are...omg i dont even care its not Thanos, theyre incredible

Rift wyrms look AWESOME! 

And Aveas are cute!

HECK YES.

I wish I could just CATCH ONE MORE.

Also, 

Ugh! have the chill eggs stopped dropping? I'm late to the party and haven't seen one 🤔

There is never an hour they won't spawn in the coast.  Camp there starting from 8:09, and 8:14, and so on, and you should spot some sooner or later.  Good luck :)

And upon reflecting, I also remember seeing some in the desert on the hourly drop, so they should be there for now, too.

Edited by Pilauli

Imagine:

You run a grocery store. Now, this store is known for it full-sized hams. These hams are gorgeous—honey-cured, meaty goodness, and you make a good buck off them.

Then, one day, it happens: you walk into the store and your entire stock is gone. So you vow to find the culprit and stay in the store overnight.

You hide in a nearby aisle and keep an eye on the hams. However, you begin to drift off to sleep. But just before you’re completely out, you hear a VWOOP sound and some rustling around.

Immediately you bolt upright. The hams, you think to yourself in a nervous sweat. You tiptoe around the edge of the aisle, and that’s when you see it:

A portal pops up. The head of a riftwyrm emerges. It swallows a ham whole. And then it pops back into the portal and disappears.

And then the portal reappears, only slightly further down, and out pops the riftwyrm—is it the same one or another? You really can’t tell.

You have no idea what you’re going to do, but you swear on the fallen hams that you will have vengeance.

...and that is why I love riftwyrms and am hella excited for lore implications.

Both breeds look cool! 

But riftwyrms look like they tie in a knot because of these portals xD

8 hours ago, Haki said:

The concept of Rift Wyrm is pretty nice. But did TJ forget to freeze his hatchlings again?

TJ has magic. He often has to undo his adults to make them hatchlings again. XD

Maybe he's been using Vremyas since long before they were released.

I just bumped up a trophy level.  It was rather surprising, since I wasn't paying attention to how many dragons I had.  This does mean that I have more dragons I need to sort when I eventually re-organize my scroll, though.  Nothing comes without its disadvantages.  I'll take the extra egg slot, though :D.

42 minutes ago, Pixxelation said:

You have no idea what you’re going to do, but you swear on the fallen hams that you will have vengeance.

In the distance comes a chorus of roars from angry Green Dragons, your best customers. You now have an instant army. An epic showdown is imminent.

Green adult Halloween 2015

8 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

i like the male rifts

this! Supper creative with the designs on BOTH genders of the rifts. Although I adore the cute ickle pygmies,too.

• Distancing myself from pies since 2019.
  •  
  • Members
  •  
  • 7,253 posts

0.gif

Imagine:

You run a grocery store. Now, this store is known for it full-sized hams. These hams are gorgeous—honey-cured, meaty goodness, and you make a good buck off them.

Then, one day, it happens: you walk into the store and your entire stock is gone. So you vow to find the culprit and stay in the store overnight.

You hide in a nearby aisle and keep an eye on the hams. However, you begin to drift off to sleep. But just before you’re completely out, you hear a VWOOP sound and some rustling around.

Immediately you bolt upright. The hams, you think to yourself in a nervous sweat. You tiptoe around the edge of the aisle, and that’s when you see it:

A portal pops up. The head of a riftwyrm emerges. It swallows a ham whole. And then it pops back into the portal and disappears.

And then the portal reappears, only slightly further down, and out pops the riftwyrm—is it the same one or another? You really can’t tell.

...and that is why I love riftwyrms and am hella excited for lore implications.

AND THIS... tee-hee-hee! I am going to have fun describing these guys.  SHOPLIFTING Riftwyrms and cranky green dragons. I LOVE it XDDDDDD

I can't WAIT to see what I can come up with.... BTW! Am I the only one that thinks the rifts will look good in lineages with Arcanae?

Edited by JavaTigress

Yeah I guess my only critique is that the female's head region is really bunched up and busy, and it's hard to understand what's going on. Would be a lot better if the second/upper part of the neck twist wasn't there and instead it went straight to the first portal. The male looks so flowy!

Edited by High Lord November