Jump to content
TJ09

2019-06-30 - June Dragon Release

Recommended Posts

Wow, this was unexpected and hard to get.

But finally I got four of each.

 

Thanks for the release, now I can't wait for them to hatch. :D

 

Cheers

Seriva

Share this post


Link to post

Hmmm... Checked all weekend and then they appear when I sleep...

Some people have to sleep before a day of work. 

Well, thanks for the new eggs.

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, lilysally said:

Hmmm... Checked all weekend and then they appear when I sleep...

Some people have to sleep before a day of work. 

Well, thanks for the new eggs.

Some people live in other timezones, I'm glad that the time was changed up a bit this time.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Imzadi said:

The first I could go for, but I draw the line at burning plastic bags in my house. 😀

 

i didn't mean to, i just dumped something wiith ashes into the trash, guess it wasnt 100% out xD

Share this post


Link to post

I got myself one of the pygmies ^^  Also, what's the egg desc for the other one?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, blockEdragon said:

 

Don't grow wings...Don't grow wings...Don't grow wings...

 

 

 

*joins in the chant* Please don't grow wings, please don't grow wings.... I'm sooooo excited about a possible new wyrm breed, and purple is my favorite color. These wittle purple noodles are just so awesome.

 

The pygmy hatchling looks cute too, not sure why but I got really strong 'horse' vibes when I first saw it. Maybe it's just the pose, but it looks very horse-y. (Which is totally a good thing imo).

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, lilysally said:

Hmmm... Checked all weekend and then they appear when I sleep...

 

 

Same here, apparently the release happened just when I went to bed. But that's what normally happens to those in DC's time zone or near it, so I guess it's only fair that it can also happen to us. (Although just because it's fair I still don't have to like it!  :lol: )

I made room for four eggs and got four of the non-pygmy. Deliberating whether I should get some pygmies later when I have more room since that would mean no playing DC at all tomorrow. Always the same dilemma with new releases when I want to get locked with new eggs that will take FOREVER (two days! :P) to hatch...

Share this post


Link to post

Looking forward to seeing the names & sprites for the new release :)

thank you artists & staff for another release! (& on a weekend following a busy IRL week...because I've now got all 8 of my eggslots open for this)

Share this post


Link to post

Woke up to the release message and just got me 4 pygmies in jungle, 2 chills and a misscatch (grr) in coast and 1 chill in volcano. At least it seems they are not hard to catch even if one is way too late XD

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

 

I made room for four eggs and got four of the non-pygmy. Deliberating whether I should get some pygmies later when I have more room since that would mean no playing DC at all tomorrow. Always the same dilemma with new releases when I want to get locked with new eggs that will take FOREVER (two days! :P) to hatch...

 

Oh yes, that's the most frustrating part of new releases for me. Probably 95% of my dragons come from the AP, which lately has been either straight ER-timed or Incu-hatchable. Then we have a new release and I'm getting full-timed eggs from the biomes and have to *wait* what feels like forever!

 

I kind of really like the change of release times with this one, I think it's good to give users who normally would be asleep during the initial release a 'first' with a change of times. Personally, with the time zone I'm in, when a new release happens at midnight cave-time that normally gives me an hour or so of hunting before I have to go to bed. This one started at noon my-time, which is definitely an interesting change. There is no possible way to accommodate *everyone* when it comes to new release times, there are DC users all over the world with drastically different time zones, but I think changing it up a bit sometimes is a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for the surprise new release. :) I love the eggs and hatchies and can't wait to see them all grown up. :)

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Mangrit said:

Some people live in other timezones, I'm glad that the time was changed up a bit this time.

 

Yes indeed; I got 3 of each before I went to bed (and now a MISCLICK :(

Share this post


Link to post

Please, new pygmy, Don't grow wings...Don't grow wings...Don't grow wings...

- become my pygmy drake 🦎

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Whirlaway said:

This egg radiates an otherworldly chill. Coast and Forest. Sorts between Ridgewing and Risensong. Can be bitten.

 

 

And Jungle.

Share this post


Link to post

I misclicked one egg so I'm waiting on it to finally be off cooldown so I can grab another one of the purple noodles. Eee, the wait..

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, blockEdragon said:

Image result for a surprise but a welcome one

Don't grow wings...Don't grow wings...Don't grow wings...

 

 

 

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

 

*joins in the chant* Please don't grow wings, please don't grow wings.... I'm sooooo excited about a possible new wyrm breed, and purple is my favorite color. These wittle purple noodles are just so awesome.

 

 

One of them grew up. Looks like you got your wish!

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, SkyWolf25 said:

I misclicked one egg so I'm waiting on it to finally be off cooldown so I can grab another one of the purple noodles. Eee, the wait..

 

You and me both.... :angry: I don't suppose anyone WANTS a Mariner Pygmy...

Share this post


Link to post

I love the colors on the pygmy so much 😍 So excited!

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, VixenDra said:

Please, new pygmy, Don't grow wings...Don't grow wings...Don't grow wings...

- become my pygmy drake 🦎

u didn't ;'<

Edited by VixenDra

Share this post


Link to post

I was thinking maybe the chills would be called Ringwyrms, but I'm not so sure anymore considering its portal abilities.

Looks like its powers maybe inspired by gap hag Yukari Yakumo from the touhou series, considering TCA's the spriter.

Share this post


Link to post

Hmmm, the pygmies are very blocky and undefined so far....

 

Little portal snek definitely wins the day! I kinda had to look twice before I understood why there was a hole in these babs, but it's truly an original and well-executed idea. Excited for the adults.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, lilysally said:

Hmmm... Checked all weekend and then they appear when I sleep...

Some people have to sleep before a day of work. 

Well, thanks for the new eggs.

 

They have always come out in the middle of the night for me.  But usually there is a small window of opportunity to get them the next morning.  Unfortunately, what I am finding is that that window has disappeared during more recent releases, so the rarer eggs are nearly impossible to get once you have missed the initial flood. 

 

An hour after seeing this release, I have four of one of the new eggs and I haven't even seen one of the other to try to catch. 

 

It is disappointing, but as I said, the releases have never been great for my timezone and now they come and go so quickly I miss them entirely. 

 

I hope that the varying release times might be something that continues, so that the rest of the world might get a chance too. 

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, FullMoonDreams said:

 

They have always come out in the middle of the night for me.  But usually there is a small window of opportunity to get them the next morning.  Unfortunately, what I am finding is that that window has disappeared during more recent releases, so the rarer eggs are nearly impossible to get once you have missed the initial flood. 

 

An hour after seeing this release, I have four of one of the new eggs and I haven't even seen one of the other to try to catch. 

 

It is disappointing, but as I said, the releases have never been great for my timezone and now they come and go so quickly I miss them entirely. 

 

I hope that the varying release times might be something that continues, so that the rest of the world might get a chance too. 

 Better sollution woudl be to make the exclusive flood last full 24h and only affect the release biomes. This way no matter whne the release starts and where you live, you have equal chances and circumstances.
I'm wondering why TJ still hasn't realised that most of the DC playerbase nowadays are adults who have adult lives.

Edited by VixenDra

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, FullMoonDreams said:

 

They have always come out in the middle of the night for me.  But usually there is a small window of opportunity to get them the next morning.  Unfortunately, what I am finding is that that window has disappeared during more recent releases, so the rarer eggs are nearly impossible to get once you have missed the initial flood. 

 

An hour after seeing this release, I have four of one of the new eggs and I haven't even seen one of the other to try to catch. 

 

It is disappointing, but as I said, the releases have never been great for my timezone and now they come and go so quickly I miss them entirely. 

 

I hope that the varying release times might be something that continues, so that the rest of the world might get a chance too. 

 

What time zone are you in ? I'm on UK time and for once it was a good time for me. The big issue is the fact that they MOVE, though ! I keep hitting the wrong biome, and by the time I realise, there will still be a couple there, but I miss them.

 

Even so - they ARE permanent. As a general rule I don't mind what day I catch them; I'm just always afraid they will turn out RARE..

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.