Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

if you know what breed the dragon is you can search for breed along with name (order doesn't matter)

image.png.85ff5d4ba056840e90fe706dc98551f2.png

Alright, I was today years old when I found out you could use tags to help filter and sort dragons into groups more easily. Is there a place on the forums that tells you what all these tags are?

Also, for the question I actually came here to ask (since I'm not sure where else to ask, so apologies ahead of time if this is the wrong place), do Sapphire Dragons still change from blue to yellow if they get enough views when they're already a hatchling?

33 minutes ago, Rhikasa said:

do Sapphire Dragons still change from blue to yellow if they get enough views when they're already a hatchling?

They do yes. I've changed hatchies before. I like it because they are less likely to get sick. You just need to change them before the 4 day mark so they don't grow up before they are changed.

Edited by Wiz

1 hour ago, Rhikasa said:

Alright, I was today years old when I found out you could use tags to help filter and sort dragons into groups more easily. Is there a place on the forums that tells you what all these tags are?

No, and I sure wish there was a place! Every once in awhile someone will list a few of them in a post here in help or some other thread, but there is no comprehensive list anywhere. :( And going back to find those posts when you need them is nearly impossible! I wonder if one of the mods could put them into the FAQ? @Infinis? Or would that be @purpledragonclaw?

Edited by purplehaze

1 hour ago, Wiz said:

They do yes. I've changed hatchies before. I like it because they are less likely to get sick. You just need to change them before the 4 day mark so they don't grow up before they are changed.

Thanks for letting me know! I was looking to keep my Sapphire blue and I wasn't sure if she was safe as a hatchling, since I already influenced her for another blue Sapphire that needs a mate, but she turned yellow just now.  It's not all bad since I wanted some more CB yellow Sapphires anyway, I'll just have to try again sometime.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

No, and I sure wish there was a place! Every once in awhile someone will list a few of them in a post here in help or some other thread, but there is no comprehensive list anywhere. :( And going back to find those posts when you need them is nearly impossible! I wonder if one of the mods could put them into the FAQ? @Infinis? Or would that be @purpledragonclaw?

That's too bad, but I agree it'd be great to have some spot in the future for that!

Is there any way to get views on egg aside from just throwing them in every hatchery in existence?

Asking because I picked up two cool code AP incuhatchable eggs but I really desperately need that slot back for something else and every single hatchery combined only got me 100 ish uv for the past 15 minutes....i mean if I wait another hour I suppose the egg would hatch fine but I really just don't want to wait (sigh

(just tossed them in my sig too, hopefully that speeds things up a bit)

Edited by Moriaty

15 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

Is there any way to get views on egg aside from just throwing them in every hatchery in existence?

Asking because I picked up a cool code AP incuhatchable egg but I really desperately need that slot back for something else and every single hatchery combined only got me 100 ish uv for the past 15 minutes....i mean if I wait another hour I suppose the egg would hatch fine but I really just don't want to wait (sigh

do you use daily dragon fix? i find that one (+ all the other hatcheries) hatches my things in like 30 mins, usually to the point of sickness.

@Moriaty there's also egg drop soup you can toss them into!

Edited by steeve

5 minutes ago, steeve said:

do you use daily dragon fix? i find that one (+ all the other hatcheries) hatches my things in like 30 mins, usually to the point of sickness.

Thanks for the suggestion! I completely forgot there's a hatchery on there too. 

I have already put them in all of AoND, valley, silvi, evina, hatching.club though, so I don't know how much of a difference that'd make

Edit: Well another ten minutes passed and it's just a pretty normal 30 more uv for both eggs. I think that's just the current flow in the hatchery, guess I should go do something else and stop staring at the page hoping they would hatch the next second (though they don't even have a crack yet...

Edited by Moriaty

25 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

Asking because I picked up two cool code AP incuhatchable eggs but I really desperately need that slot back for something else and every single hatchery combined only got me 100 ish uv for the past 15 minutes....i mean if I wait another hour I suppose the egg would hatch fine but I really just don't want to wait (sigh

(just tossed them in my sig too, hopefully that speeds things up a bit)

Using an auto refresher has been helpful for me when it comes to hatching eggs quicker. There’s a link to one at the bottom of my signature if you need. Also, I tried to click the two eggs you have in your signature, but each one simply sent me to the Dragoncave home page instead and not to the eggs.

Edited by Rhikasa

4 minutes ago, Rhikasa said:

Using an auto refresher has been helpful for me when it comes to hatching eggs quicker. There’s a link to one at the bottom of my signature if you need. Also, I tried to click the two eggs you have in your signature, but each one simply sent me to the Dragoncave home page instead and not to the eggs.

The link was removed intentionally but for what i know as long as the image is there when you see this page it should still register as a view?

Great point about using AR though! Thank you, I think that would help

This is a weird question, how many dragons count as an "army"?

100? 200?

34 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

This is a weird question, how many dragons count as an "army"?

100? 200?

I think that's one of those 'it varies by user' things. I don't think there's any real definition of what an 'army' of dragons is, maybe just that in general it's seen as maybe more than you might collect of other breeds? Or something like that. I have specific 'frozen army' groups for any breed where I have more frozen hatchlings than I would normally collect of just any random breed, and my lowest 'frozen army' only has 41 dragons but I still consider it an army. 

33 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I think that's one of those 'it varies by user' things. I don't think there's any real definition of what an 'army' of dragons is, maybe just that in general it's seen as maybe more than you might collect of other breeds? Or something like that. I have specific 'frozen army' groups for any breed where I have more frozen hatchlings than I would normally collect of just any random breed, and my lowest 'frozen army' only has 41 dragons but I still consider it an army. 

makes sense, thanks!

On 2/4/2022 at 4:40 PM, purplehaze said:

That is definitely something we can add to the FAQ, let me see if I can find a post with the info.

8 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

That is definitely something we can add to the FAQ, let me see if I can find a post with the info.

while you're in the FAQ, i think the bits about username changes need to be updated as well. in two spots there's outdated info regarding changing scroll names:

Q: Is there a way to change my username (forum or scroll)?

A: You can change your forum username once every 90 days.  To do this, click on your username at the top of any forum page, then Account Settings, and then Display Name.  Type in your new username and click Save.

There is currently no system in place to change a scroll username.

Please note that it is against both cave and forum rules to create duplicate accounts.

Q: Can I change my scroll username?

A: At this time, no system exists to change your scroll name.  Choose your name carefully!

I was under the impression that the Valentine's Day event started on the 7th, but rollover already happened and nothing...? Did I just get the timing wrong or something?

it'll start on the 8th, right at midnight, that way there's 7 full days for breeding.

2 hours ago, trystan said:

it'll start on the 8th, right at midnight, that way there's 7 full days for breeding.

Ah, alright, thanks! :)

Custom sort is crashing Firefox (again) but works okay in other browsers. Any suggestions (other than permanently switching browsers)? Is there a place to report issues like this? I've been around awhile, but don't know the proper process for reporting site issues, since they're so rare for me and usually clear up on their own. I only bring this up now because it's the 2nd time in the past few months that this has happened.

On 2/6/2022 at 9:13 PM, steeve said:

while you're in the FAQ, i think the bits about username changes need to be updated as well. in two spots there's outdated info regarding changing scroll names:

Noted and done, thank you!

@Shala it's not just Firefox, it's crashing on Chrome too. I'll escalate it, thank you!

So..... Did TJ forget to set the Valentine's News Thread to auto-post or something? I see an AP full of V-day eggs but no announcement. Hope everything is okay.

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

So..... Did TJ forget to set the Valentine's News Thread to auto-post or something? I see an AP full of V-day eggs but no announcement. Hope everything is okay.

I thought that too. It's very strange.

1 hour ago, Quinney said:

I thought that too. It's very strange.

Yeah, I was looking out for the announcement, to double check breeding dates etc. Puzzling 🤔 

Ditto. This happened either on Halloween or Christmas where he forgot to update the main/cave entrance page, but at least then there was an announcement on the forums. He's always been so punctual (at least for the last several years), I hope he's okay. At least breeding is working as scheduled?

Yes indeed - I was concerned and test bred a pair I don't need, just to make SURE !