Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I did various activities in the holiday event but didn't get the badge. Did you have to win medals to get the badge? :(

45 minutes ago, OMGitsKairi said:

I did various activities in the holiday event but didn't get the badge. Did you have to win medals to get the badge? :(

you need to do one of the new holiday games (cocoa rush, delivery, snowball shuffle) to get the badge. Not sure if playing snow war works. If you did play these three games and still didn't get the badge...I'm not sure ummm

27 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

you need to do one of the new holiday games (cocoa rush, delivery, snowball shuffle) to get the badge. Not sure if playing snow war works. If you did play these three games and still didn't get the badge...I'm not sure ummm

Yeah, I played cocoa rush. :<

On 1/18/2022 at 7:39 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

Do Pargulus eggs still sort into the right colour ?

On 1/18/2022 at 12:41 PM, purplehaze said:

I'm not sure. It did the last time I had one. I just bred one today that sorts below my green ones, so we will see in a couple of days whether that holds true or not.

Just reporting back to say that the little fellow did indeed hatch green. :)

Quick question: The wiki says abandoning a green variant Nilia (egg) makes it revert back to the standard blue. But what about trading them? Will they remain green if traded? Or do I have to wait until it's hatched, so it doesn't revert during the trade?

Did the dodge algorithm change recently? I tried to kill some zombie fodder and I got 6 dodges and only 3 successful kills. I feel like in the past it was more like a 1 in 4, rather than 1 in 2 of dodge versus kill. Did I just get massively unlucky?

1 hour ago, LadyLoki said:

Quick question: The wiki says abandoning a green variant Nilia (egg) makes it revert back to the standard blue. But what about trading them? Will they remain green if traded? Or do I have to wait until it's hatched, so it doesn't revert during the trade?

Don't think so - you have PM so you can test !

35 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Don't think so - you have PM so you can test !

Just confirming here for others to see: green Nilia eggs stay green upon transfer! :D
-Thank you again, Fuzzbucket! ^_^

Another Q for someone who might know... Do dragons on banned scrolls die? I recently saw an adult prize with the description "Unfortunately this dragon has died" but IIRC the only way to get rid of adults is via kill, which leaves "Unfortunately your dragon has been killed" in the description. What happened here?

1 hour ago, steeve said:

Another Q for someone who might know... Do dragons on banned scrolls die? I recently saw an adult prize with the description "Unfortunately this dragon has died" but IIRC the only way to get rid of adults is via kill, which leaves "Unfortunately your dragon has been killed" in the description. What happened here?

It might depend on different things, like when exactly it happened (I believe what happens to burned-scroll dragons has changed a few times over the years) and the circumstances of the scroll-burning. (That said, if you are talking about the Prize with the code 'Abby', that's been talked about around here recently and supposedly it was killed for inappropriate naming, I don't believe it was a scroll-wide burn. I guess with individual dragons killed by admin for inappropriateness it might not show the 'killed' message.)

Edited by HeatherMarie

It's happened twice to me now that I was responding to a PM message (here on the forum, to be clear) and upon clicking [Submit Reply], the textarea blanked, but nothing was sent (and there was no feedback on the page except for the sudden blank text area). A ctrl+z triggers the restoration of the textarea content; also, if I reload the page, the content is also there, and if I hit [Submit Reply] then, it goes through. (I have not yet tried hitting [Submit Reply] directly after ctrl+z and will try to have the presence of mind to try this next time this happens to me.)

Has anyone else had this happen? It's very disorienting.

Initially I thought it was a CSRF token that expired, since the first time it happened it took me something like an hour to compose the message, but this time the page was only open for something like five minutes as I wrote my reply.

Edited by pinkgothic

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

It might depend on different things, like when exactly it happened (I believe what happens to burned-scroll dragons has changed a few times over the years) and the circumstances of the scroll-burning. (That said, if you are talking about the Prize with the code 'Abby', that's been talked about around here recently and supposedly it was killed for inappropriate naming, I don't believe it was a scroll-wide burn. I guess with individual dragons killed by admin for inappropriateness it might not show the 'killed' message.)

yup, i was talking about Abby actually! i was shaken to my core seeing a cb prize killed lol. thank you for the explanation.

23 hours ago, steeve said:

Did the dodge algorithm change recently? I tried to kill some zombie fodder and I got 6 dodges and only 3 successful kills. I feel like in the past it was more like a 1 in 4, rather than 1 in 2 of dodge versus kill. Did I just get massively unlucky?

I think you were just unlucky. I guesstimated the dodge rate as 1/3 myself.

Are highlighted groups on our scroll automatically public, even if we have our scroll hidden?

3 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Are highlighted groups on our scroll automatically public, even if we have our scroll hidden?

Obviously people can't see the links on your scroll if it is hidden. But if you give someone the link, they should be able to see the group.

If you want to check that, click on the link to my Split dragons in my signature. I just hid my scroll and that is a highlighted group.

28 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Obviously people can't see the links on your scroll if it is hidden. But if you give someone the link, they should be able to see the group.

If you want to check that, click on the link to my Split dragons in my signature. I just hid my scroll and that is a highlighted group.

Thanks! :)  Will it work the same way if I don't have a link in my forum signature but I put something like /group/XXXXX in a trade on the Trading Hub? 

Example: My scroll is now hidden; can anyone view this highlighted group?

Edited by missy_

On 1/22/2022 at 6:02 PM, Moriaty said:

Yep I can see the content of the group

Thanks! I appreciate it.  :)

Edited by missy_

do stunned (blue) electric hatchlings turn back to yellow when traded? curious because wiki states the view-blocking aspect of stun BSA wears off upon trade/abandon.

Do Nebula hatchies still sort by color group?

I've had three Nebula eggs recently, I influenced them all female and upon hatching, they all sorted under blue/purple. The first one did indeed turn blue, the others have not gendered yet. Am I just unlucky (I need a female red obvs) or are they all sorting in the middle now until they gender?

I was told the other day that it still works, and so far that's worked out for me. And I feel for you - I don't know what yours were, but I've had to dump several reds recently when looking for blue - and vice versa ! Are you after a CB ? If so you could try the hub or te variant trade thread:

So... Clicks. I know clicks aren't necessarily needed for a dragon to grow, but supposedly they do help in some way. What I'm wondering is, does anyone know exactly *how* they help? Specifically, would a hatchie with higher clicks be more likely to gender earlier?  (Also, anyone have any idea what's the soonest a hatchie *can* gender? Is it possible, say, above 6 days, if they have enough stats?)

20 hours ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

Number 4 just sorted with the reds so it still work. I was just unlucky to get three blues in a row.

Well, there's a couple on the hub right now ...