Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

When that has happened to me it's been a device issue.... I don't know how it works, but the equivalent on my lappie is when a key is sort of over-responding.

Anyone else getting blank white page when saving grid custom sort? It has happened to me 3 or 4 times in the last couple of days. The good news is that it actually is saving the sort, just not showing it.

11 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Anyone else getting blank white page when saving grid custom sort? It has happened to me 3 or 4 times in the last couple of days. The good news is that it actually is saving the sort, just not showing it.

I don't use grid much, but it happens all the time to me in manual sort.  Luckily yes, the sort is saved once you manage to get there!

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

When that has happened to me it's been a device issue.... I don't know how it works, but the equivalent on my lappie is when a key is sort of over-responding.

I looked at it a little closer and while it IS only one app that's being funky, there's a sneaky little hairline crack on my screen as well. Either way, yeah, seems to be purely device-related! Whoops!

I have a tiny little question {I think} . How does one go about getting one of those scroll links {?} that are brown and show your dragon statistics?

3 minutes ago, Nahuati said:

I have a tiny little question {I think} . How does one go about getting one of those scroll links {?} that are brown and show your dragon statistics?

https://dcrecords.tj09.net/banner/yourscrollnamehere.png

Replace yourscrollnamehere and you're set!

*Just realized that I totally misinterpreted WHICH one,  so hopefully someone saves me lol

Edited by Astharoshe

Is there anyway to filter all frozen hatchlings in the group selection thing?

I tried #frozen and it didn't work

*throw my hands up* well I solved my problem with a random workaround. I was trying to check if I left out any frozen hatchlings in my frozen group in my messy group rework, I ended up putting my scroll temporarily into sorting by growth and just went directly into that group and checked that way since then frozen hatchlings will all be on the top with the growth sort

Edited by Moriaty

14 hours ago, Nahuati said:

The brown one I remember was from EATW - which no longer exists. EDS generates a black one:

flurp.png

Which says I am locked, which I'm not - so I don't rely on it any more ! (It can't hack platinum, I think and says locked at 7 eggs.)

And now it says I have 12 hidden. I really wouldn't trust it.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Shall I expect a sapphire egg to turn yellow with cca 3 000 total views and 900 unique views? Or does it still need to gather a thousand more views?

Edited by Darth Krande

13 minutes ago, Darth Krande said:

Shall I expect a sapphire egg to turn yellow with cca 3 000 total views and 900 unique views? Or does it still need to gather a thousand more views?

Sapphires turn yellow a tad over 4000 views, so yes it would need more. It's not exactly 4000 though, mine usually turn somewhere around 4030-4050.

27 minutes ago, Darth Krande said:

It does take a bit over 4000 total views to turn. But it is not necessary for it to turn as an egg. If it hatches blue it can turn yellow later as a hatchling if it gets the required views. I have let mine turn as hatchlings to avoid sick eggs.

21 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

It does take a bit over 4000 total views to turn. But it is not necessary for it to turn as an egg. If it hatches blue it can turn yellow later as a hatchling if it gets the required views. I have let mine turn as hatchlings to avoid sick eggs.

And a small follow-up for anyone who doesn't know:

You have to view other Yellow sapphire eggs for the encyclopedia entry. Turning a blue egg yellow does not count for your own encyclopedia entry needs. 

(And that is because you've already seen the specimen as a blue sapph. I remember there was a discission about differently lit Glysteres.)

Thank you!

Okay, sooooo what BSAs will be wiped upon trading? Also do they wipe upon a single transfer, or do they wipe if they send and return?? Do days get added to hatching times?? I have it in my head that trading does SOMETHING and the FAQ touches on this briefly, but not quite enough 

Edited by Astharoshe

10 minutes ago, Astharoshe said:

Okay, sooooo what BSAs will be wiped upon trading? Also do they wipe upon a single transfer, or do they wipe if they send and return?? Do days get added to hatching times?? I have it in my head that trading does SOMETHING and the FAQ touches on this briefly, but not quite enough 

iirc all BSAs get deleted upon trading other than stun. incubate will be removed (adding 1 day to the egg) and egg can be re-influenced again. don't actually know if ward remains, if someone else can chime in.

stun's view-blocker feature gets removed via trading, but the extra day remains.

edit: BSAs are wiped any time an egg trades hands. theoretically 10 people could influence the same egg, if it gets traded 10 times.

Edited by steeve

38 minutes ago, steeve said:

don't actually know if ward remains, if someone else can chime in.

I'm not sure about the ward protection, but I do know that the ward cannot be used again by the new owner, something I found out greatly to my disappointment when I tried to ward a Cantor egg I had gotten in trade and found I could not because the previous owner had already warded it.

Influence and incubate do both wear off with trade and can be used over and over each time the egg changes hands.

Can anyone tell me why sometimes when reloading a page (AP or biomes mostly), down at the bottom where the little 'loading' notice shows up for just a moment, it shows 'loading facebook'? Why is DC loading anything from Facebook? And it's not even some ad-thing because I have a subscription so nothing ad-related should be loading. 

12 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Can anyone tell me why sometimes when reloading a page (AP or biomes mostly), down at the bottom where the little 'loading' notice shows up for just a moment, it shows 'loading facebook'? Why is DC loading anything from Facebook? And it's not even some ad-thing because I have a subscription so nothing ad-related should be loading. 

Found the following in a quick inspect

Spoiler

1396656091_ScreenShot2022-02-13at6_43_58PM.thumb.png.43caf0c7668adff6e35701fa6b9cf273.png

I googled that link and came across this document: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/meta-pixel/get-started, in which it said 

The Meta Pixel is a snippet of JavaScript code that loads a small library of functions you can use to track Facebook ad-driven visitor activity on your website

Implementing a Pixel is one of the cornerstones of Meta Marketing to help you measure, optimize your ads and create the most relevant audiences for your business. 

And if you scroll down to the base code, it has the following, which is exactly what is in the screenshot in the script section above

s.parentNode.insertBefore(t,s)}(window, document,'script',
  'https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js');
  fbq('init', '{your-pixel-id-goes-here}');
  fbq('track', 'PageView');

Whatever the other nonscript section in the screenship that also has the facebook.com is loading I'm not sure, but I think it is most likely related.

So it is an ads thing it seems. Maybe disabling ads only disables the ad loading but doesn't disable that script? I'm using an adblocker and this chunk of code still exist on my page so

Edited by Moriaty

I was going to say 'it'll be Facebook Analytics - basically a tool to figure out what demographics in aggregate use your site and where in aggregate they primarily come from', but the particular brand (Facebook Analytics) doesn't seem to exist any more. I don't what it's called now, but I assume the feature itself still exists.

In general, this sort of thing is usually called a 'marketing pixel', from the time when these were 1x1 transparent pixels embedded on your site (which isn't necessarily what happens these days). It's often tied to incoming ads (i.e. if there's an ad for Dragon Cave somewhere else), but not to ads on the site it's embedded in itself.

Is anyone else experiencing their new Valentine dragons changing the order they're sorted in, after growing up?

See, I have two sets of twins that I managed to get ahold of (twin Soulstones and twin Sakuhanas) and they've since grown up. I wanted sisters specifically so I could name them after a pair of sisters in Marvel Comics. So I waited for them to grow up before naming them, because I wanted the top/first to grow up one to be named after the older sister, and the one below it named after the younger sister. But they keep switching order?

1030938982_Screenshot2022-02-13at19-57-40LadyLokionDragonCave.thumb.jpg.cba7cb379d2c7186552172df6a0671fd.jpg

Amora of Asgard WAS above Lorelei of Asgard. They keep switching back and forth as to who is sorted first. Same thing keeps happening with the Sakuhanas. Will it stop after the vday breeding stops? I mean I know they're twins, but they won't indefinitely keep switching back and forth, will they? It won't mess with lineages or anything, it's just kind of annoying to look and see them on my scroll switching order like this.

I use Legacy Breed name sort for my scroll, if that means anything.

49 minutes ago, LadyLoki said:

But they keep switching order?

I got curious and your scroll has Amora on top right now lol

Spoiler

1183820639_ScreenShot2022-02-13at10_00_23PM.thumb.png.8f9347c24e2239e8e4788ea64226d13e.png

13 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

I got curious and your scroll has Amora on top right now lol

Reveal hidden contents

1183820639_ScreenShot2022-02-13at10_00_23PM.thumb.png.8f9347c24e2239e8e4788ea64226d13e.png

I wonder if this has something to do with my browser, then? Because looking at them now, Lorelei is still on top at this moment.

Maybe this is DC telling me it's time to delete my cookies... 🤔