Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Do killed adults disappear from offspring lists? I know hatchlings do.

Edited by Lost_Unicorn

12 minutes ago, LevelsOfViolence said:

They do, here's one of my deadline Avatars - if you check his grandparents, they don't have the dead offspring listed anywhere.

It's mostly noticeable for the father, since his parents progeny is shorter.

Been around since 2010 and somehow never noticed. Huh. I actually really appreciate that. Now I understand some comments I've seen around about cleaning up lineages 😅

Nebula sort questions:

the egg sorts with blue/purple, correct?

once the egg hatches, this is when it sorts with either blue/purple or red/greed, correct?

19 hours ago, Diame said:

I didn't mean that. I guess I don't really get how that person got two neglecteds in a row, each with a day left on their eggs. I was just wondering if I could do the same on the eggs I pick up from the AP and put them into the click sites with a chance to get some. I guess not, though. Would be nice as these incredibly rare and difficult dragons would be more available for everyone to get.

Adding a little bit to the answer there. Super low time AP eggs are in fact not good for incu-catch method, because you can't incubate them, and having commons turn and hatch in time is...rare. If you do find a more stubborn breed, like zyu and brimstone though, you can try the solo method. These breeds require more views to hatch then neglected dragons, so if you view bomb them enough, they'll insta-hatch (ie turn straight from normal egg into neglected hatchling). More information on a guide of making neglected can be found here: https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/185718-neglected-dragons/?do=findComment&comment=9865668.

However, note that eggs only turn neglected during the literal last minute of their life. I've had a bunch turn literally on the last two seconds of their life. So dropping a 1 hour left egg whose ToD you don't know into hatcheries wouldn't give you a neglected (unless you are supremely lucky). You'll need at least 2 hours on the egg left for one chance to determine the second when the egg would die, and then act accordingly.

When they say neglect can no longer happen in AP, it's because a few years back, when the last row was not implemented yet, some people would try to turn eggs they know are dying in the AP into neglected - the ones that die obviously just disappear and never show up again, the ones that turn would then create a wave of neglected hatchlings in the AP! It was a super exciting occurance tbh, though they always hit at weird times (like 5am) and I had personally missed them twice (super sad) and only saw them in the trade hub. But that's no longer possible with the new row added.

The maximum number of neglected I have on my own scroll at the same time was...I think four? Maybe 5. Four other people and I had a massive experiment that day and about 7 turned, 4/5 of which were caught by me (of course they were later distributed out to everyone who participated).  They're all at most two hours apart in terms of age. Two is definitely not a stretch.

Edited by Moriaty

Question that possibly only TJ knows but I might as well ask: If you make a Group and later delete it, does the group's number eventually get recycled? I make a lot of temporary groups for different purposes and I always wonder if the group's number (/group/number url) is just forever taken even if the group no longer exists. 

Well, I would think recycling group numbers could cause some problems. If you have made that group public and given out the number to other people for whatever reason...

6 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Question that possibly only TJ knows but I might as well ask: If you make a Group and later delete it, does the group's number eventually get recycled? I make a lot of temporary groups for different purposes and I always wonder if the group's number (/group/number url) is just forever taken even if the group no longer exists. 

I don't think so. If you try some of the earlier numbered groups - double didgets - they still don't exist anymore.

If they are recycled, there's still the question of whether the algorithm proceeds to a certain value or always uses the next available chronological number. Meaning, if it just assigned 1234, and 1230 just got deleted, does it go on to 1235 or jump back to get the free number? I'd guess it proceeds, but eh

Does anyone know if there is anyway of exporting a lineage to an excel file  - without actually having to retype them all manually?

The only full copy of my 10G neb x sweetling plotting is on a notebook so old I'm not sure I can even export them anymore :( and retyping them all into its replacement is taking forever, even using ctrl+c / ctrl+v

Ta muchly N

2 hours ago, nerys said:

Does anyone know if there is anyway of exporting a lineage to an excel file  - without actually having to retype them all manually?

The only full copy of my 10G neb x sweetling plotting is on a notebook so old I'm not sure I can even export them anymore :( and retyping them all into its replacement is taking forever, even using ctrl+c / ctrl+v

Ta muchly N

Try 42's Lineage Builder. I have found it to be super helpful lately. If you have any issues or questions, message 42 and they can assist.

Does anyone know how many views it takes before a Sapphire egg hatches? I'm not sure what the average amount is, and I'm trying my best to keep my blue Sapphire from later turning yellow as a hatchling because it got too many views early on.

Edited by Rhikasa

From my knowledge you need 4.2k-5k for a Sapphire to turn yellow, so you would probably be fine raising it as normal [as long as you don't put it into a hatchery only when it hits ER].

2 minutes ago, Rhikasa said:

Does anyone know how many views it takes before a Sapphire egg hatches? I'm not sure if there's a certain amount, but I'm trying my best to keep my blue Sapphire from later turning yellow as a hatchling because it got too many views early on.

I don't really know. Since it can only get a bit over 4000 and stay blue, I would try to keep it well under 2000 as an egg. The only time since the change that I have needed a blue one, I ended up putting it in fewer hatcheries than usual and fogging it a lot.

30 minutes ago, Rhikasa said:

Does anyone know how many views it takes before a Sapphire egg hatches? I'm not sure what the average amount is, and I'm trying my best to keep my blue Sapphire from later turning yellow as a hatchling because it got too many views early on.

I'd say don't be in a hurry to hatch it,  put it in a hatchery that doesn't automatically ER (allure of neglected dragons) and let it hatch when it's ready.  The lower time it gets the fewer views it needs to hatch.  I've raised a few blue sapphire since the change and basically for me I just used fewer hatcheries and sometimes removed it overnight when I wasn't around to keep tabs on it.

canto question: influence won't override a teleport, right?

@Rhikasa thank you for confirming!

Edited by steeve

6 minutes ago, steeve said:

canto question: influence won't override a teleport, right?

Yes, if you influence your egg with a Pink, your Cantormaris will still hatch as an Itus.

picked up this egg from a gifting channel but how is this dude not green???? Is this possible?? I thought dorsal only give green coppers

1861458855_ScreenShot2022-02-24at5_35_37PM.png.6fb1d9eb5da0e6fdc87bd2879694c0c4.png

EDIT: OK I checked mom's biome. This is making less sense to me now. I did not know dorsals drop there too.

1332196399_ScreenShot2022-02-24at5_39_05PM.png.3f36a608fec18c2e0e1ee993fc52acda.png

Edited by Moriaty

26 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

EDIT: OK I checked mom's biome. This is making less sense to me now. I did not know dorsals drop there too.

:blink: They don't.

27 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

picked up this egg from a gifting channel but how is this dude not green???? Is this possible?? I thought dorsal only give green coppers

Well, this part makes sense because of the mom's biome, it's just the fact that the mom isn't usually found in that biome... Maybe it was a glitch that it appeared in that biome? I don't remember a glitch like that, but it's possible. 

34 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

That is very odd. What is her stolen date?