Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

12 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Can anyone tell me why sometimes when reloading a page (AP or biomes mostly), down at the bottom where the little 'loading' notice shows up for just a moment, it shows 'loading facebook'? Why is DC loading anything from Facebook? And it's not even some ad-thing because I have a subscription so nothing ad-related should be loading. 

Found the following in a quick inspect

Spoiler

1396656091_ScreenShot2022-02-13at6_43_58PM.thumb.png.43caf0c7668adff6e35701fa6b9cf273.png

I googled that link and came across this document: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/meta-pixel/get-started, in which it said 

The Meta Pixel is a snippet of JavaScript code that loads a small library of functions you can use to track Facebook ad-driven visitor activity on your website

Implementing a Pixel is one of the cornerstones of Meta Marketing to help you measure, optimize your ads and create the most relevant audiences for your business. 

And if you scroll down to the base code, it has the following, which is exactly what is in the screenshot in the script section above

s.parentNode.insertBefore(t,s)}(window, document,'script',
  'https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js');
  fbq('init', '{your-pixel-id-goes-here}');
  fbq('track', 'PageView');

Whatever the other nonscript section in the screenship that also has the facebook.com is loading I'm not sure, but I think it is most likely related.

So it is an ads thing it seems. Maybe disabling ads only disables the ad loading but doesn't disable that script? I'm using an adblocker and this chunk of code still exist on my page so

Edited by Moriaty

I was going to say 'it'll be Facebook Analytics - basically a tool to figure out what demographics in aggregate use your site and where in aggregate they primarily come from', but the particular brand (Facebook Analytics) doesn't seem to exist any more. I don't what it's called now, but I assume the feature itself still exists.

In general, this sort of thing is usually called a 'marketing pixel', from the time when these were 1x1 transparent pixels embedded on your site (which isn't necessarily what happens these days). It's often tied to incoming ads (i.e. if there's an ad for Dragon Cave somewhere else), but not to ads on the site it's embedded in itself.

Is anyone else experiencing their new Valentine dragons changing the order they're sorted in, after growing up?

See, I have two sets of twins that I managed to get ahold of (twin Soulstones and twin Sakuhanas) and they've since grown up. I wanted sisters specifically so I could name them after a pair of sisters in Marvel Comics. So I waited for them to grow up before naming them, because I wanted the top/first to grow up one to be named after the older sister, and the one below it named after the younger sister. But they keep switching order?

1030938982_Screenshot2022-02-13at19-57-40LadyLokionDragonCave.thumb.jpg.cba7cb379d2c7186552172df6a0671fd.jpg

Amora of Asgard WAS above Lorelei of Asgard. They keep switching back and forth as to who is sorted first. Same thing keeps happening with the Sakuhanas. Will it stop after the vday breeding stops? I mean I know they're twins, but they won't indefinitely keep switching back and forth, will they? It won't mess with lineages or anything, it's just kind of annoying to look and see them on my scroll switching order like this.

I use Legacy Breed name sort for my scroll, if that means anything.

49 minutes ago, LadyLoki said:

But they keep switching order?

I got curious and your scroll has Amora on top right now lol

Spoiler

1183820639_ScreenShot2022-02-13at10_00_23PM.thumb.png.8f9347c24e2239e8e4788ea64226d13e.png

13 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

I got curious and your scroll has Amora on top right now lol

Reveal hidden contents

1183820639_ScreenShot2022-02-13at10_00_23PM.thumb.png.8f9347c24e2239e8e4788ea64226d13e.png

I wonder if this has something to do with my browser, then? Because looking at them now, Lorelei is still on top at this moment.

Maybe this is DC telling me it's time to delete my cookies... 🤔

The minigame is driving me crazy because I don't know how a "paper label" looks like. Does anyone know?

4 minutes ago, Sophiera said:

The minigame is driving me crazy because I don't know how a "paper label" looks like. Does anyone know?

1683816834_Screenshot2022-02-14at04-18-01ValentinesDay2022Event-DragonCave.jpg.38ea11d2d672f428c29756355e948513.jpg

It's very tiny.

Edited by LadyLoki

5 minutes ago, LadyLoki said:

1683816834_Screenshot2022-02-14at04-18-01ValentinesDay2022Event-DragonCave.jpg.38ea11d2d672f428c29756355e948513.jpg

It's very tiny.

Oh thanks! I keep getting confused with the other pile of labels.

6 minutes ago, Sophiera said:

Oh thanks! I keep getting confused with the other pile of labels.

You're welcome! It's very easy to miss, even knowing what it looks like. XD

There's also a thread that has everything (currently known) pictured.

Edited by LadyLoki

hi everyone, so I recently got back into this website and collecting dragons and I have some questions about the encyclopedia. I joined in 2013 so I had a pretty big collection of dragons before the encyclopedia feature was added, and it appears that the dragons I had before the addition aren't counted? For example I have an Albino Dragon that was hatched and raised in November 2013 but my encyclopedia says I haven't raised a single one. Do I need to start over from scratch to register it in my encyclopedia?

Since they aren't listed as being registered, I can't buy certain eggs from the market even though I own those dragons. 

I also have a similar problem with the status of my breed limits. My breed limits page says I have 0 Sweetlings, for example... but I definitely have one. At first I thought it was just because I haven't gotten any new Sweetlings for this Valentine's season, but the breed limits page does list my Radiant Angel which is from the same year as my Sweetling-- 2014.

Edited by Pafupafu

24 minutes ago, Pafupafu said:

hi everyone, so I recently got back into this website and collecting dragons and I have some questions about the encyclopedia. I joined in 2013 so I had a pretty big collection of dragons before the encyclopedia feature was added, and it appears that the dragons I had before the addition aren't counted? For example I have an Albino Dragon that was hatched and raised in November 2013 but my encyclopedia says I haven't raised a single one. Do I need to start over from scratch to register it in my encyclopedia?

Since they aren't listed as being registered, I can't buy certain eggs from the market even though I own those dragons. 

I also have a similar problem with the status of my breed limits. My breed limits page says I have 0 Sweetlings, for example... but I definitely have one. At first I thought it was just because I haven't gotten any new Sweetlings for this Valentine's season, but the breed limits page does list my Radiant Angel which is from the same year as my Sweetling-- 2014.

Breed limits only apply to CB dragons now! Also, yes, the encyclopedia only registers dragons viewed or obtained after the encyclopedia released.

27 minutes ago, Pafupafu said:

The encyclopedia only 'counts' dragons obtained after it was released, but to unlock the entries you don't have to own the dragons. You can unlock encyclopedia entries by viewing other people's eggs/hatchlings/adults (clicking around in hatcheries is a good place to start). 

39 minutes ago, Pafupafu said:

Do I need to start over from scratch to register it in my encyclopedia?

11 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

You can unlock encyclopedia entries by viewing other people's eggs/hatchlings/adults (clicking around in hatcheries is a good place to start). 

there's also the Encyclopedia Helpers thread, as well :D

Thank you guys for the replies! One more potentially silly question, how would I go about getting the new Valentine's egg released today? It spawns in the Valentine's biome right?

You can get them in any Biome except Valentine, until 16th Feb.

The Valentine biome is for the older Valentine breeds. It will disappear at the end of today.

how can I get the event badge for Fiona's Closet when I keep getting kicked out after clicking on an item  .... right or wrong !!

and now the tries are limited !!

1 try remaining. Find the following items to continue: bee’s breath, dust rag, paper label, pen, bundle of bee balm, bundle of labels, cauldron, crock, crystal of earth mana

53 minutes ago, orphaned said:

how can I get the event badge for Fiona's Closet when I keep getting kicked out after clicking on an item  .... right or wrong !!

and now the tries are limited !!

1 try remaining. Find the following items to continue: bee’s breath, dust rag, paper label, pen, bundle of bee balm, bundle of labels, cauldron, crock, crystal of earth mana

They were always limited, you have 3 wrong tries every round (once you fail it starts over and the items relocate and you have to find them all again). But you should've gotten the badge after completing the first day's event, and you seem to be on second day? Unless the story proceeds regardless of whether you completed the first one, in that case I'm sorry about what your device is doing, but you could keep trying to see if they improves I suppose...or maybe TJ would do something about the mobile issue before the event is over :( 

1 hour ago, Moriaty said:

They were always limited, you have 3 wrong tries every round (once you fail it starts over and the items relocate and you have to find them all again). But you should've gotten the badge after completing the first day's event, and you seem to be on second day? Unless the story proceeds regardless of whether you completed the first one, in that case I'm sorry about what your device is doing, but you could keep trying to see if they improves I suppose...or maybe TJ would do something about the mobile issue before the event is over :( 

I went to day 2 as had no luck in day 1   ...   as mentioned,  was being kicked out no matter what was done.

now ... things disappear then come back in different places or not at all when day 1 is retried

darn .... have always had problems with these 

sleep is overrated :(  thanks for your help

3 hours ago, orphaned said:

I went to day 2 as had no luck in day 1   ...   as mentioned,  was being kicked out no matter what was done.

now ... things disappear then come back in different places or not at all when day 1 is retried

darn .... have always had problems with these 

sleep is overrated :(  thanks for your help

Me too. I've just given up.

Having a huge brain blank here but the Peach Floret egg in the market is the new Alstroemeria variety right?

1 minute ago, ShorahNagi said:

Having a huge brain blank here but the Peach Floret egg in the market is the new Alstroemeria variety right?

That is correct.