Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

i have all of the dragons unlocked in the encyclopedia, so feel free to PM me if there's any other dragons you'd like to know. :D 

I'm trying to get my head around sunset/rise egg hatching times but I can't think straight because I'm ill (yes with that) and my brain is all foggy. Will someone please just tell me what time to unfog my egg and ER it so it will hatch? I'm pretty sure I already missed one window because I got it wrong. I don't care if it's a rise or set I just want to hatch it without killing it.

13 minutes ago, Wiz said:

Will someone please just tell me what time to unfog my egg and ER it so it will hatch?

from wiki:

A Sun egg must hatch between 6:00 EST (6 a.m.) and 12:00 EST (noon) to become a Sunrise Dragon.

if you're on GMT, 6 a.m. Cave time is 11 a.m. GMT; noon is 5 p.m. for Sunrise

A Sun egg must hatch between 18:00 EST (6 p.m.) and 00:00 EST (midnight) to become a Sunset Dragon.

if you're on GMT, 6 p.m. Cave time is 11 p.m. GMT; midnight is 5 a.m. for Sunrise

timeanddate.com is a lovely site for time zones :)

So if I put it in the ER at 6pm cave time it will hatch? I'm sorry, I know this. I just can't get my brain to hold onto the numbers right now.

@trystan Thank you

Edited by Wiz

3 hours ago, Wiz said:

So if I put it in the ER at 6pm cave time it will hatch? I'm sorry, I know this. I just can't get my brain to hold onto the numbers right now.

yes - if it's ready to hatch, of course.

@Wiz - you're welcome!

Edited by trystan

Hey folks,

I'm having some trouble with the raffle. I have grown at least three adult dragons since the new raffle began, but my counter is stuck on only one adult dragon. I'm not sure what to do as I am not able to enter the raffle.  Is anyone else having a similar issue?

ETA: I have three dragons that grew up on February 2, one dragon that grew up on February 1, and three dragons that grew up on January 31. So a total of seven dragons, but my raffle total shows 1/3 adults.

Screenshot behind spoiler:

9D1FE7C0-DB7D-4861-8C14-7F7659AE38BD.thumb.jpeg.add3f70c598ea2ce79a98d7498235a31.jpeg

Edited by missy_

1 hour ago, missy_ said:

Hey folks,

I'm having some trouble with the raffle. I have grown at least three adult dragons since the new raffle began, but my counter is stuck on only one adult dragon. I'm not sure what to do as I am not able to enter the raffle.  Is anyone else having a similar issue?

ETA: I have three dragons that grew up on February 2, one dragon that grew up on February 1, and three dragons that grew up on January 31. So a total of seven dragons, but my raffle total shows 1/3 adults.

Screenshot behind spoiler:

Hide contents

9D1FE7C0-DB7D-4861-8C14-7F7659AE38BD.thumb.jpeg.add3f70c598ea2ce79a98d7498235a31.jpeg

And are they all from the forest? I noticed you didn't specify.

Thank you! I don't know how I missed that.  That was the issue; they weren't from the forest.  

OMG. I am so glad I checked this thread. I didn't know they had to be from the forest. I was wondering why I wasn't entered yet. Crikey. 

Is it normal for chickens to gender extremely quickly (less than a day after hatching)? I know that gendering in chickens is inconsequential since they're all hens, but are the mechanics different for them or something?

Edited by 0x08

1 hour ago, 0x08 said:

Is it normal for chickens to gender extremely quickly (less than a day after hatching)? I know that gendering in chickens is inconsequential since they're all hens, but are the mechanics different for them or something?

normal eggs can gender within a day of hatching. I just quickly checked my activities and yes I had seen a forced hatchling (so it's really really young) gendering (albeit sick) a bit before reaching 6 days 0 hours during chirstmas. As long as there're enough views I suppose, what's the viewcount of your chicken?

36 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

normal eggs can gender within a day of hatching. I just quickly checked my activities and yes I had seen a forced hatchling (so it's really really young) gendering (albeit sick) a bit before reaching 6 days 0 hours during chirstmas.

Noted. 😮

36 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

As long as there're enough views I suppose, what's the viewcount of your chicken?

She's at 3.5k overall views and 700ish unique views.

Edited by 0x08

15 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

She's at 3.5k overall views and 700ish unique views.

700UV, yea I'd say that's possible for a more easy going breed.

The hatchie I mentioned was at 8k OV and 800UV when it gendered, though it was forced (forced hatchling usually need more views to gender and/or grow up)

I do think there might be a bit difference between different species though - normal unincubated GoN hatchling won't gender with 1200OV 400UV at 1 day left, while that amount of view usually is enough to push another hatchling to adulthood

Does anyone know if there is any way to filter for *only* names in the fertility or add-to-group filter? I know some of the tags you can use to filter like #cb and such, but is there anything like that to filter just by name (ie, so it doesn't show tons of dragons because of their *breed* name...)

man, can someone tell me/show me/point me somewhere that shows which spirit ward sprite shows during which times? i never seem to be on at the right time to get the one i need for the encyclopedia

5 minutes ago, psyrae said:

man, can someone tell me/show me/point me somewhere that shows which spirit ward sprite shows during which times? i never seem to be on at the right time to get the one i need for the encyclopedia

The wiki has a chart!

5 minutes ago, psyrae said:

oh my god im an idiot, i looked there approximately 400 times but never saw the show/hide

thanks!

You're welcome!  It took me a second to realize there was a show/hide, too, it blends into the page so well

13 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Does anyone know if there is any way to filter for *only* names in the fertility or add-to-group filter? I know some of the tags you can use to filter like #cb and such, but is there anything like that to filter just by name (ie, so it doesn't show tons of dragons because of their *breed* name...)

are you trying to find a specific dragon by name, or sort by  a prefix (ie. x the Brave, y the Brave)? because you can just type the name, word, whatever and it'll bring up all dragons with those letters in their name. unless you're looking for a #named or #unnamed tag (which doesn't yet exist unfortunately...)

1 hour ago, steeve said:

are you trying to find a specific dragon by name, or sort by  a prefix (ie. x the Brave, y the Brave)? because you can just type the name, word, whatever and it'll bring up all dragons with those letters in their name. unless you're looking for a #named or #unnamed tag (which doesn't yet exist unfortunately...)

I think she's trying to find a dragon whose name is red or some such, and when you type red, you get all the red dragons, the red dorsals, and the ones with red in their names! XD And sadly, there's no way to just call up the names.

37 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I think she's trying to find a dragon whose name is red or some such, and when you type red, you get all the red dragons, the red dorsals, and the ones with red in their names! XD And sadly, there's no way to just call up the names.

This exactly. Specifically, when typing 'flor' to look for a dragon name I got all the florets and the floral-crowneds, which made it hard to actually find the dragon with 'flor' in it's name. (For context, when I name dragons I often check to make sure I haven't used a too-similar name first, so it's not just a matter of typing the exact name and seeing if it's taken or whatever.)