Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I have a bunch of Nebulas that are arranged like this in breed sort. The hatchling is frozen.

image.png.1f5c3771d1ceb410bd2209a3e0503d02.png

Does the placement of this hatchling suggest that it would have grown up into a blue or into a red?

I don’t know about frozen hatchies but for regular hatchies, this sorting would mean either a blue female or purple male.

26 minutes ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

I don’t know about frozen hatchies but for regular hatchies, this sorting would mean either a blue female or purple male.

I see! I wish precog worked on freezies, I'd know for sure then. :P Thanks for the answer anyhow!

SO I was looking in the trading hub for Azure Glacewing trades, but it isn't listed in the dropdown search menu...?

4 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

SO I was looking in the trading hub for Azure Glacewing trades, but it isn't listed in the dropdown search menu...?

Do you have the egg unlocked in the encyclopedia? Go click on 5 in a fansite.

2 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

That means you haven't unlocked it in the encyclopedia. You need to go to a few hatchies and view some eggs !

Here's one (it's mine) - you can have it if you want.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/N6CBg

2 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Do you have the egg unlocked in the encyclopedia? Go click on 5 in a fansite.

Ah ok, I didn't realize that was a thing. Thank you!

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That means you haven't unlocked it in the encyclopedia. You need to go to a few hatchies and view some eggs !

Here's one (it's mine) - you can have it if you want.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/N6CBg

Aww thank you! I really need a cb for a project though.

54 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

SO I was looking in the trading hub for Azure Glacewing trades

CBs should be fairly easy to find in the cave. I see them all the time when I am looking for other things.

1 hour ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Ah ok, I didn't realize that was a thing. Thank you!

Aww thank you! I really need a cb for a project though.

Take it and dump it - it will help towards unlocking.

20 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

(Also, anyone have any idea what's the soonest a hatchie *can* gender? Is it possible, say, above 6 days, if they have enough stats?)

On 11/5/2021 at 5:05 PM, Varislapsi said:

my incubated CBs gendered already at around six days (a bit under 3000 views, 1000 UVs is my rough estimate). However, such time wasn't low enough for any lineaged AP hatchies that I had, they didn't gender despite gaining lots of additional views. When I woke up all had around 5 days, 14 hours and they had gendered during the night.

I remembered there was some discussion on this around Halloween! So no idea what is the soonest time, but based on my experiences, at least at 6 days should be possible for CBs (and I imagine also for something you bred yourself?) I wonder if it matters really if the egg had been incubated or not, or does the effect "reset" when it hatches. Like, could those Halloween hatchies have gendered even earlier if they hadn't been influenced as eggs.

Edited by Varislapsi

Is there a thread for code names? I bred 2 of my Xeno’s together for fun and was about to abandon the Gaia egg when I noticed it’s name is laSNe which kinda looks like lasagne and I thought it was funny.. still, I don’t necessary want to keep it so I wanted to see if someone on the forums is interested (and who knows, maybe I can get something out of it too), but obviously you can’t make a thread for 1 dragon/trade

And somehow I got a Leetle Tree… how rare are those!?

57 minutes ago, Fenneathalia said:

Is there a thread for code names? I bred 2 of my Xeno’s together for fun and was about to abandon the Gaia egg when I noticed it’s name is laSNe which kinda looks like lasagne and I thought it was funny.. still, I don’t necessary want to keep it so I wanted to see if someone on the forums is interested (and who knows, maybe I can get something out of it too), but obviously you can’t make a thread for 1 dragon/trade

Well there is this thread:

but I think most of the people there like CBs.

Then there is this one, where people show off funny codes for dragons they own:

And there is this thread where people give their dragons names that include the code as part of a word or phrase. I doubt you could get a trade for yours there, but someone might take it if you offer it for free.

Or try your luck trading it in a general trading thread or on the hub. Honestly, most people would be looking for whole words and/or CB eggs, though.

Edited by purplehaze

what does "You pick up the scroll labeled “steeve,” but it does not yet have anything written on it" mean? i've only ever seen charred and unable to be found scrolls. user in questions does have dragons, they just don't show up on the scroll under the message.

51 minutes ago, steeve said:

what does "You pick up the scroll labeled “steeve,” but it does not yet have anything written on it" mean? i've only ever seen charred and unable to be found scrolls. user in questions does have dragons, they just don't show up on the scroll under the message.

If the user definitely has dragons, it most likely means they've checked the 'hide adults on scroll' option in Account Settings. With that checked the scroll will only show growing things when others look at it.

Did alpine have no eggs? They are there now. Sometimes eggs just fail to generate when they should. Maybe that happened. Anyway, all seems normal now.

Am I correct that if a Sapphire hatches blue, it will not change color when abandoned?

Wow - I have NO idea. The wiki entry suggests that's right...

Can someone  - some mathy person - tell ME how many dragons (the total) are in a 16th gen checker lineage ?

14 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Can someone  - some mathy person - tell ME how many dragons (the total) are in a 16th gen checker lineage ?

Assuming zero inbreeding, there are 65535 dragons in a 16th generation checkered lineage. Of those, there are 32768 at CB, 16384 at 2G, 8192 at 3G, et cetera, until you hit 1 at 16G.

To break it down:

CB      2G      3G     4G     5G     6G     7G    8G
32768 + 16384 + 8192 + 4096 + 2048 + 1024 + 512 + 256

9G    10G  11G  12G  13G  14G  15G  16G
+ 128 + 64 + 32 + 16 + 8  + 4  + 2  + 1  = 65535

Of course, with rigorous inbreeding, that total number goes all the way down to 31.

The number of total dragons in an Nth generation evengen lineage without inbreeding is generally (2^N) - 1, and the number of CBs needed in an Nth generation evengen lineage is 2^(N - 1).

6 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Am I correct that if a Sapphire hatches blue, it will not change color when abandoned?

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Wow - I have NO idea. The wiki entry suggests that's right...

Well fortunately I didn't have to find out because the person I bred it for came to catch it before it hatched. :)

I would still like confirmation, though, if anyone knows.

Thank you, @trystan :)

3 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Assuming zero inbreeding, there are 65535 dragons in a 16th generation checkered lineage.

Thanks for that info, too. Fuzz asked me, but it made my head hurt to try to figure it out, even though I sort of knew the formula.

Edited by purplehaze

Holy bleep. OK - that means I have to go post somewhere else. THANK YOU !

6 hours ago, purplehaze said:

this is correct.

i also got confirmation from a discord i'm on. :D 

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I would still like confirmation, though, if anyone knows.

Thank you, @trystan :)

you're quite welcome :) 

Edited by trystan

3 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Assuming zero inbreeding, there are 65535 dragons in a 16th generation checkered lineage. Of those, there are 32768 at CB, 16384 at 2G, 8192 at 3G, et cetera, until you hit 1 at 16G.

Absolutely mind-boggling. Woah. 

Is anyone here able to contact Ruby Eyes? If yes, could you please PM me?

Got in touch with her, thank you everyone.

Edited by LevelsOfViolence