Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

43 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

Is there a lineage builder where I can see what the kid of two dragon would look like

Technically, what I have is dragon A, its potential mate B's dad C, and C's potential mate's parents D and E so it's not just the child between two already existing dragons. Since it'll end up being a 7th gen even gen, I don't want to input each breed of each slot individually and just want to import the dragons I have

the closest i can think of is https://www.allureofnds.net/NDER/Lineage

but it only lets you add 2 mates, so not quite what you're looking for. i guess you can employ some photoshop skills to combine them.

also thanks for answering my question earlier : )

1 hour ago, Moriaty said:

Is there a lineage builder where I can see what the kid of two dragon would look like

Technically, what I have is dragon A, its potential mate B's dad C, and C's potential mate's parents D and E so it's not just the child between two already existing dragons. Since it'll end up being a 7th gen even gen, I don't want to input each breed of each slot individually and just want to import the dragons I have

Have you tried 42's Lineage Builder? I think it might help.

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Have you tried 42's Lineage Builder? I think it might help.

I have! I vaguely remember this lineage builder, but it wouldn't let me choose an existing dragon. The thing is that the lineage I'm building is not a checker, and I didn't really want to go through a 7eg and select by hand on each slot's breed. Thank you for the suggestion though

20 minutes ago, steeve said:

the closest i can think of is https://www.allureofnds.net/NDER/Lineage

but it only lets you add 2 mates, so not quite what you're looking for. i guess you can employ some photoshop skills to combine them.

also thanks for answering my question earlier : )

Thank you! Haha that was the go-to I had in fact, but I chose to ask here exactly because it only allows 2 existing dragons...I guess photoshop it is then lol

The two dragons I'm curious about what their offspring would look like are two song lineages that I built, because they are similar color gradients and I was just thinking why not. One dragon in question is (6G) https://dragcave.net/lineage/hIkI1, which is a completed song I did a few years ago. For the uncompleted song, one parent is (5G) https://dragcave.net/lineage/lvNPZ, one grandparent is (4G) https://dragcave.net/lineage/68e3a, then there're two 3G great grandparents https://dragcave.net/lineage/oAtUM and https://dragcave.net/lineage/LDGPO in which one is still growing (so it's indeed kind of complicated), with an about 80% non repeating base and so ummm lineage builder where I have to select the breed of each is not desirable in this case.

Okay so, if I traded for an Alt Sweetling would it stay Alt (the dark version) on my scroll? Or would it change to light pink?

6 minutes ago, StormBirdRising said:

Okay so, if I traded for an Alt Sweetling would it stay Alt (the dark version) on my scroll? Or would it change to light pink?

if you have a pink scroll then they will turn pink. So depends on what your scroll is

Edited by Moriaty

1 minute ago, Moriaty said:

if you have a pink scroll then they will turn pink. So depends on what your scroll is

Thanks. I must have a pink one then. I don't have any dark Alt Sweetlings on there. 

is there a resource that has the official pronunciation of all the dragon breeds? i'm specifically curious about eradors just now, but i anticipate wanting to know about various others at some point..

Just now, miaou said:

is there a resource that has the official pronunciation of all the dragon breeds? i'm specifically curious about eradors just now, but i anticipate wanting to know about various others at some point..

Not to my knowledge, that's something I've wished we had many times. A lot of the correct pronunciations are scattered in posts around the forum, especially new release threads (and I distinctly remember TJ answering one of my questions about pronunciation awhile back in the lore thread in Site Discussion, but to my knowledge there has never been any sort of list made.

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

Not to my knowledge, that's something I've wished we had many times. A lot of the correct pronunciations are scattered in posts around the forum, especially new release threads (and I distinctly remember TJ answering one of my questions about pronunciation awhile back in the lore thread in Site Discussion, but to my knowledge there has never been any sort of list made.

seems like it would fit perfectly into the encyclopedia, but maybe there would be an issue with older breeds...? anyhow, i'll try digging through the valentine 2020 thread is time. thanks for the reply!

7 hours ago, StormBirdRising said:

Thanks. I must have a pink one then. I don't have any dark Alt Sweetlings on there. 

The only people who don't have pink scrolls are the few people who were there for the Sweetling's original release and caught their eggs early. There was a glitch that caused those eggs to be auto-abandoned. The people who had struggled to catch them were upset, so TJ compensated by replacing them with eggs that would hatch into the Alts. It was, from almost everyone's perspective, a bad decision that has caused nothing but confusion and hard feelings ever since.

Random thing I noticed with text, but how can eggs be simultaneously mature and ready to hatch but also embryos?

The egg description says “Unborn dragons are actually physically mature and ready to hatch early on in their development cycle”

But if you bite an egg with a vampire dragon and it dies the text says “ — bites the egg and it cracks it open, killing the developing embryo inside”

Just curious since you can bite at any stage before an egg hatches to my knowledge meaning the dragon should well just be a dragon not an embryo, correct?

18 minutes ago, Asketil said:

Random thing I noticed with text, but how can eggs be simultaneously mature and ready to hatch but also embryos?

The egg description says “Unborn dragons are actually physically mature and ready to hatch early on in their development cycle”

But if you bite an egg with a vampire dragon and it dies the text says “ — bites the egg and it cracks it open, killing the developing embryo inside”

Just curious since you can bite at any stage before an egg hatches to my knowledge meaning the dragon should well just be a dragon not an embryo, correct?

It likely depends on how old your egg is! I need to dig up that thread, I noticed a while back that when earthquaking, young egg said killing whatever that is developing inside vs when earthquaking an older egg it said killing the hatchling inside or something

Found it - you can see from the screenshot that it's killing the baby dragon vs killing whatever is forming. I'm not that sure about vampires since I don't bite a lot, but it might be a similar situation and you can try to bite an older egg and see what it does?

Edited by Moriaty

Hmmm I just may try that! I’ve never seen anything other than “killing the developing embryo inside” when a vampire bite fails but I also tend to use eggs above 6 days that are CB for my attempts. I like that earthquake includes it! I do not think I’ve ever used that BSA yet.

Rift Wyrms. one head or two? 

their description says "They have four horns curved towards the front of their face, four eyes, and gills lining the sides of their necks. " they use the pronouns they/them, but  doesn't say anything about heads - so two heads?

but then last week, when i had an egg for my vampire to bite - as well as a Rift Wyrm egg - i'm pretty sure the Rift Wyrm egg showed up in the list of biteable eggs - so one head?

thanks!

6 minutes ago, trystan said:

so one head?

Yes. They are not among the two-headed dragons.

Just now, purplehaze said:

Yes. They are not among the two-headed dragons.

good to know, thanks.

so many time holes in their sprite! :D 

I'm curious as those low-time eggs on the AP have me thinking: What are the chances they'll become neglected? I saw someone with two that had a day each left the other day, so I was wondering if it was possible.

Edited by Diame

16 minutes ago, Diame said:

I'm curious as those low-time eggs on the AP have me thinking: What are the chances they'll become neglected? I saw someone with two that had a day each left the other day, so I was wondering if it was possible.

I don't do neglecting experiments (too frustrating for me) but from what I understand most turn in the last minutes of life, so eggs with over a day left could be used to make them but you'd have to let them get much further down in time before trying.

48 minutes ago, Diame said:

Its no longer possible for eggs to turn on the abandoned page.

1 hour ago, DragonLady86 said:

Its no longer possible for eggs to turn on the abandoned page.

I didn't mean that. I guess I don't really get how that person got two neglecteds in a row, each with a day left on their eggs. I was just wondering if I could do the same on the eggs I pick up from the AP and put them into the click sites with a chance to get some. I guess not, though. Would be nice as these incredibly rare and difficult dragons would be more available for everyone to get.

11 hours ago, purplehaze said:

The only people who don't have pink scrolls are the few people who were there for the Sweetling's original release and caught their eggs early. There was a glitch that caused those eggs to be auto-abandoned. The people who had struggled to catch them were upset, so TJ compensated by replacing them with eggs that would hatch into the Alts. It was, from almost everyone's perspective, a bad decision that has caused nothing but confusion and hard feelings ever since.

I find that hard to believe, that TJ made a decision that was not popular with everyone. 😆

4 hours ago, Diame said:

I didn't mean that. I guess I don't really get how that person got two neglecteds in a row, each with a day left on their eggs. I was just wondering if I could do the same on the eggs I pick up from the AP and put them into the click sites with a chance to get some. I guess not, though. Would be nice as these incredibly rare and difficult dragons would be more available for everyone to get.

As I understand it this would only happen because of a specific method used to make neglecteds. You incubate the egg(s) you're experimenting on and have them in teleports when you're viewbombing them in their last minutes of life. Someone else has the teleport links and refreshes on the eggs, waiting until they turn (or in the moment before the eggs die) to accept the teleports. Teleporting an incubated egg causes the incubate to be lost, so an egg that had zero days on it now has one day.

I've never done it myself so I haven't seen it in action, but that's how it works in theory.

Edited by Sylph264

2 hours ago, Sylph264 said:

As I understand it this would only happen because of a specific method used to make neglecteds. You incubate the egg(s) you're experimenting on and have them in a teleport when you're viewbombing them in their last minutes of life. Someone else has the teleport links and refreshes on the egg, waiting until it turns (or in the moment before the egg dies) to accept the teleport. Teleporting an incubated egg causes the incubate to be lost, so an egg that had zero days on it now has one day.

I've never done it myself so I haven't seen it in action, but that's how it works in theory.

Thanks, I think this answers it!

How many views do Sapphire eggs need to turn yellow? I have one with ~3600 views and it's gotten sick instead of changing. It won't hatch for another 18 hours and I want it to change before then

3 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

How many views do Sapphire eggs need to turn yellow? I have one with ~3600 views and it's gotten sick instead of changing. It won't hatch for another 18 hours and I want it to change before then

Around 4,000, though it can take a few hundred more (like 4,300).   Views for the hatchling count as well.  So you can fog your sick egg, hatch it, and then get it to yellow. :)

Edited by missy_