Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Pyropellis Wyvern don't re-light their flame when bred to blazeback?

That's unexpected

Wow, I was really expecting new dragons this morning, my bad!😁

Just now, Bigbite said:

Wow, I was really expecting new dragons this morning, my bad!😁

Too close to Valentines now. I was sort of expecting a release last weekend. But we often don't get one in January.

4 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Too close to Valentines now. I was sort of expecting a release last weekend. But we often don't get one in January.

I thought last weekend too, that's why I thought this weekend for sure.

8 minutes ago, Bigbite said:

I thought last weekend too, that's why I thought this weekend for sure.

We did get a January release last year, but for at least the two years before that we had none.

Wasn't there a post thread for announcing special eggs had been abandoned to the AP?

22 hours ago, Moriaty said:

Pyropellis Wyvern don't re-light their flame when bred to blazeback?

That's unexpected

Nope, Blazebacks don't effect Pyros. I encountered this when trying to change a purple flame back to orange - egg was bred, but the Pyro was still purple. I had to breed him to a Desipis to get him back to orange.

18 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Wasn't there a post thread for announcing special eggs had been abandoned to the AP?

I think you're thinking of the Community Notice Board. You're free to announce a special egg that you abandoned to the AP here. You cannot ask for people to look out for it for you if you're trying to get it back, however.

Random curiosity, does anyone know why some credited holiday-breed spriters don't have Spriter's Alts? I know that some of the oldest breeds didn't originally have alts but later the spriters of those older breeds got alts... But not all of them, apparently? Yulebucks, for example, have 3 credited spriters but to my knowledge only one of them has an alt. I don't believe the Black Marrow spriters have alts either, and only one of the two Pumpkin spriters does. It would seem maybe long-inactive spriters just never got alts when that tradition was started, but then we have the Holly that also doesn't seem to have an alt and one of the spriters is definitely active.... 

This is what my mind does at 1am, lol. Just curious if anyone knows anything about it all.

I believe the artists of holiday dragon breeds have to send TJ their alt design so he can make the sprite swap actually happen, it might be that those artists never requested their own sprite swap due to various reasons. For the older holiday breeds, it's most likely because SAlts weren't a thing at the time so some never made an alt recolor and haven't played the game since. I think this is true in the majority of existing cases. IIRC at least one artist who sprited some holiday breeds said they never intended to return to DC again, so there will probably always be some holidays without SAlts.

Although birdz did the updated Holly sprite, she didn't get an alt for herself as you noted, I don't know her reasons but I suspect it was a good call - updating old sprites garners different reactions than releasing original sprites, and it probably would've led to more drama than sprite updates usually receive.

1 hour ago, Wiz said:

For groups is there a # for sorting via generation?

To filter by generation you can use #2g, #3g, #4g, etc.

You can also filter by bred dragons (regardless of generation) by using #bred.

1 hour ago, Stromboli said:

Not in an existing group, I think ?

1 hour ago, Stromboli said:

It works! Thank you.

16 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

In an existing group ? SHOW ME !

No I wanted to make a new group. If you mean finding generations that are already in a group?

That is indeed what I meant. Thanks; that helps.

What breed goes between Almeralds and Amarignis? I don't have the slightest clue. lol

Ah... One of the silly hybrids that doesn't seem to like me. lol Thanks Trystan! ❤️