Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I'm pretty sure that stun can only be used once per hatchie, like ward for eggs, no matter who owns it.

Also, if you teleport it you risk having it grow up instantly, because that part of the stun wears off on transfer.

Edited by purplehaze

13 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

How did this abandoned Leetle Tree happen? You can't abandon Leetle Trees...

Maybe it wasn't picked up before the 5 minute refresh? :unsure:

4 hours ago, 0x08 said:

How did this abandoned Leetle Tree happen? You can't abandon Leetle Trees...

They don't become wild from abandoning anyway. Releasing them sends them to the wild, but I'm not sure if Leetles can be abandoned or not. Oops, I meant to say I didn't know if they could be released. But I guess @Chaos Rider has answered that, too.

Edited by purplehaze

46 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

They don't become wild from abandoning anyway. Releasing them sends them to the wild, but I'm not sure if Leetles can be abandoned or not.

The option to abandon mine is greyed out cause it is frozen and there's no release option either

1LI91YG.png

perhaps things worked differently in 2011?

I could be totally misremembering, but I thought burned scrolls used to get their dragons sent to the wilderness at one point? I could've sworn that was a thing at some point. If it was, maybe that's how the Leetle Tree ended up there?

2 hours ago, Chaos Rider said:

perhaps things worked differently in 2011?

Perhaps.

The other possibility is that it came from a burned scroll. Things on burned scrolls used to go to the wilderness, although I don't believe they do any more.

5 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Perhaps.

The other possibility is that it came from a burned scroll. Things on burned scrolls used to go to the wilderness, although I don't believe they do any more.

Can confirm they don't anymore. This dragon's parents used to belong to Sock. They are still listed as belonging to her even though her scroll is burnt

I miss Sock :(

I think how burned scrolls are treated depends at least in part on the circumstances of the burning. Sock asked for hers to be burned.

I miss her too.

Do Pargulus eggs still sort into the right colour ?

5 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Do Pargulus eggs still sort into the right colour ?

I'm not sure. It did the last time I had one. I just bred one today that sorts below my green ones, so we will see in a couple of days whether that holds true or not.

I just bred one to offer on a trade and if that's true, it should be OK - but...

The last time I had a pargulus egg, it did sort into the right colour but I have no idea when that was. 😹 Although, if it's blue or green, why would it sort between the adults if not because of its colour?

A question: which breeding results are shown on the Action Log (like "Bred Dragon A with Dragon B.")?

Asking because lately I've been experiencing the lag more often than not when breeding my dragons so I have to open a new tab to check the result. Usually I don't have a new egg on my scroll and there is nothing on the Action Log either but on the view page the "Last bred" date has changed and I have to wait a week before breeding the dragon again. Only a few times I have got an egg from the pair I tried to breed, despite the lag, and in this case the action would be listed on the log. But today, I didn't get an egg from my pair but the log still says that they were bred, and I'm puzzled because this never happened before. So does it depend on which unsuccessfull result it was ("no interest" or "no egg")? I don't go view the log when the breeding page works as it should and shows me the result so I really don't know, it would make sense though if "no interest" wouldn't be listed on the log but "no egg" would because in the first case they didn't actually breed at all... (Eh, I had a hard time trying to explain this so hopefully it's clear enough!)

@Varislapsi Interesting question because I always assumed all breeding attempts were logged in the Action Log. And I don't actually know the answer... Obviously anything that gives an egg is logged, and I see some no-egg attempts in my action log but I can't be sure if they were 'no interest' or 'no egg' responses. Huh. (Do refusals show in the log? I think so?)

Refusals show as a breeding - I know this; I just had one.

2 hours ago, Varislapsi said:

A question: which breeding results are shown on the Action Log (like "Bred Dragon A with Dragon B.")?

They should all show, no matter the result. You used the breed action.

Maybe lag was affecting what showed when you tried before, but I would still think those should have shown, if your dragons went on cooldown.

Regarding the pargulus egg color sorting.  Still works.  I was happy to finally find a messy red sorting pargulus egg in the AP.  Just froze it yesterday. bgucY

Well, the trade fell over - theirs grew up. Oh well !

@HeatherMarie @purplehaze @Fuzzbucket Then this is so strange! I had really thought that unsuccessful results just wouldn't be listed as a breeding on the log. I've had this problem with the breeding page quite long so it has happened countless times that the breeding attempt won't show if the page got stuck (but yes, the dragons always go on cooldown). After selecting the mate and clicking "Breed" it just can't load the next page and I can't go to any other page or even a completely different site, the only possibility is to close that tab. I think I've just once or twice got an egg from such breeding, otherwise there is nothing on the log and the only things that tell me that they were bred are the cooldown and the new "Last bred" date. I might have asked this before but has this been a wider thing or is just me?

Edited by Varislapsi

6 hours ago, Varislapsi said:

@HeatherMarie @purplehaze @Fuzzbucket Then this is so strange! I had really thought that unsuccessful results just wouldn't be listed as a breeding on the log. I've had this problem with the breeding page quite long so it has happened countless times that the breeding attempt won't show if the page got stuck (but yes, the dragons always go on cooldown). After selecting the mate and clicking "Breed" it just can't load the next page and I can't go to any other page or even a completely different site, the only possibility is to close that tab. I think I've just once or twice got an egg from such breeding, otherwise there is nothing on the log and the only things that tell me that they were bred are the cooldown and the new "Last bred" date. I might have asked this before but has this been a wider thing or is just me?

That happened to me before when the site was lagging. I was breeding dragons and the results page just wouldn't load. So I came back a little later and the dragons I tried were all on cooldown, action log didn't say they bred but some did have eggs which showed up on my page. 

I just tries to breed an Arsani of mine, and got a refuse message. The strange thing is

1) That pair has already bred several times before during Valentine week (they only have Arsani offsprings)

2) The mate was already listed in the first position of the breeding page, and I think they don't if a pair have already bred only during the holiday week, do they?

3) I had fertility used on it

How is it possible?

1 hour ago, Iside said:

How is it possible?

Is the mate a regular dragon? Or another holiday dragon? (Refusals are turned off during holiday breeding times. If they've only ever bred in holidays before, it's possible they can refuse out of the holiday breeding week.)

Edited by Lagie

It was possible for dragons first paired with each other during holiday seasons to 'secretly refuse' and still produce holiday eggs, but the only way to discover and confirm that was to breed the same pair outside the holiday season and see if they refuse or not. If they do refuse then it means they secretly refused each other on the holiday breeding (which could not be prevented using fertility as it has no effect on holiday breeding). Being listed in the first position doesn't matter, I have holiday x common pairs that can only produce holiday offspring due to refusals and they still show up in the first position on the breeding page when I check. Fertility cannot undo a refusal so if your pair secretly refused during the holiday breeding, they can never produce non-holiday eggs together even if they show up on each other's breeding page and you use fertility.

This behaviour changed after other people posted about it confused just like you are, I believe TJ made it so that it's now impossible for secret refusals to happen during holiday breedings - in fact holiday breeding has no effect on the pairs compatibility at all now. I don't believe this fixes old pairs that suffered a secret holiday refusal in the past, the pair will only be compatible on the correct holiday season unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Iside said:

3) I had fertility used on it

Unfortunately Fertility doesn't completely eliminate the possibility of refusal, a pair can still refuse with Fertility it's just a lower chance.