Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

At the moment it seems to be back. So perhaps just one of 'those' up and down things for some and not others.

The site was down for me but it is now back. 

A couple of small questions: 

- I'm trying to evalute my chance of catching CB Gemshards. How would you define their rarity? I'm getting mixed message: they cost only 100 shards in the Market (like a common dragon), they're listed as "uncommon" in the wiki and the new colors seem to have a high trade value (like rare dragons). My personal impression is that the old colors are uncommon and the new ones are rare (at the moment, due to high demand). Is it worth investing time trying to catch them from the cave now or better to wait until a drop in demand?

- How critical is it to ward an egg before earthquaking it? by which I mean: How likely is it for an hatchling born from the earthquake to die of sickness?

Edited by Elizabeth Moonstone

i can't access the site from my desktop browser Chrome (504 Gateway Time-out) however on my phone's Chrome it works

iirc ward doesn't protect a egg from earthquakes, just from dying from sickness

@Elizabeth Moonstone I would wait for the Gemshards till they're a bit more accesible but it depends on personal taste. I haven't seen many Gemshards drop in the Cave but I'd say they're similar to Seasonals in rarity, that's the impression I have.

And I don't have much experience with earthquaking but warding an egg before EQ is not critical, unless the egg is sick just before or during the EQ, if you ward the egg the hatchie (if the EQ doesn't kill the egg) could be protected from dying of sickness for some time, I think that's what happens if you ward a sick egg and then EQ it but I'm not sure. But like someone said above me, ward doesn't protect from EQ.

Still can't access the site...

The site is very slow for me even if my internet connection seems to be working as usual. But does anyone else have this problem?

I'm still getting the time-out error, too. :c

EDIT: On my computer, but not my phone? Hmm.

Edited by Feathers

During my last post I couldn't access the site on my phone either. But now I can see it on my phone. 

I turned my laptop off because I'm a vampire and my bed is calling me, so I just checked on my phone and everything looks good, maybe my laptop is ok too but I'll check when I wake up >.<

I've been trying to get on using my phone for the last hour or more and no luck. 504 gateway time out each time. Hoping this resolves soon!

3 hours ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

The site was down for me but it is now back. 

A couple of small questions: 

- I'm trying to evalute my chance of catching CB Gemshards. How would you define their rarity? I'm getting mixed message: they cost only 100 shards in the Market (like a common dragon), they're listed as "uncommon" in the wiki and the new colors seem to have a high trade value (like rare dragons). My personal impression is that the old colors are uncommon and the new ones are rare (at the moment, due to high demand). Is it worth investing time trying to catch them from the cave now or better to wait until a drop in demand?

I've been hunting Gemshards for a project that I'm part of and I see them every hour in the Jungle, but I'm rarely fast enough to catch them. They are just extremely popular, even if they drop like commons. I've ended up getting most of my new ones from the market since most traders are asking for things I don't have or can't get.

Also, I love the mechanism introduced with the new colors, guaranteeing the color each day. Makes it easy to get the colors I need.

Edited by dragongrrl

1 hour ago, BringsTheSnow said:

I've been trying to get on using my phone for the last hour or more and no luck. 504 gateway time out each time. Hoping this resolves soon!

I'm getting 504 errors, too. I hope it clears soon. I need Purple Gemshards and I'm going to my sons to use better internet today for them.

Does anyone have experience with buying Gemshards from the shop and what colours they'll be? If I buy one today would the chances be increased that it will be the Amethyst variant? 

Thank you!

Gemshards purchased in the market will be the same color as those caught in the cave that day -- so yes, it should be Amethyst.

I see the wiki says amethyst is "Most common in eggs created on Thursdays".

My question now is, aren't they 100% color/day determined since the new colors were introduced?

8 hours ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

My personal impression is that the old colors are uncommon and the new ones are rare (at the moment, due to high demand).

If they go by ratios at all, new ones should be more common (though I suspect gemshards have a flat rarity so all are the same drop rate). Most likely, people are much faster and more competitive at grabbing new gemshards, so older ones appear more common because they're passed over by the best catchers.

@purplehaze I noticed that, too. Maybe the point is that it can also be a Sunday egg? And of course the old colour adults can be from any day of week if they grew up before the latest birthday release.

I thought it was 100% except that Sunday is random, I must say.... 

1 hour ago, Varislapsi said:

Maybe the point is that it can also be a Sunday egg?

Oh, that does make sense since some Gemshards of any color could be generated on Sunday rather than their exclusive day. I hadn't thought of that.

I'm sure this has been asked already, but how do we unlock the egg image for the yellow sapphire dragon?  I have two adults and a frozen hatchling, all raised from an egg, but it's still greyed out in my encyclopedia.  

You'd have to view other people's yellow Sapphire eggs. Unless you obtained it from someone else as already yellow, you'll likely view it as blue first and that's what will register for the encyclopedia. You won't get an extra unlock count just because it changed color.

Just now, animatedrose said:

You'd have to view other people's yellow Sapphire eggs. Unless you obtained it from someone else as already yellow, you'll likely view it as blue first and that's what will register for the encyclopedia. You won't get an extra unlock count just because it changed color.

Ohh okay that makes sense.  Thanks!  Gonna go stalk some hatcheries now....