Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

15 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Not necessarily? No encyclopedia info on them and no real clues in their description, but personally I think it makes perfect sense to seek out cooler places in the summer and warmer places in the winter. So they don't get the extremes of each season. 

Folks that retire here and drive their RVs north in the summer and south in the winter are sometimes called, "Snowbirds."  They might visit Idaho (summer) and Arizona (winter) for example.  :D

14 minutes ago, Stormcaller said:

Folks that retire here and drive their RVs north in the summer and south in the winter are sometimes called, "Snowbirds."  They might visit Idaho (summer) and Arizona (winter) for example.  :D

Haha, when I first moved to Arizona the whole concept of 'snowbirds' was so interesting, my mom and I used to keep track of how many different out-of-state license plates we saw. 

Can pink sapphire hatchies turn yellow if they are viewed too much ? I can't remember.... (nervously hides one for now, just in case...)

7 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Can pink sapphire hatchies turn yellow if they are viewed too much ? I can't remember.... (nervously hides one for now, just in case...)

No. Once a sapphire changes color its permanent. So yellows that are APd will also not turn pink.

On 7/19/2021 at 12:58 PM, DarkellaLord said:

I have a few questions about DC which I wan't ask in person and not pile them here. Does anybody have a few minutes to help me?=)

I would be willing to take a crack at your questions though I am not sure how much help I can be.

My own question:

Is anyone without pink sapphires actually hunting for anything other than CB? I do not see any requests for them in trades.

Edited by Awdz Bodkins

31 minutes ago, Awdz Bodkins said:

My own question:

Is anyone without pink sapphires actually hunting for anything other than CB? I do not see any requests for them in trades.

I see one trade asking for a messy one for freezing.

44 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

I see one trade asking for a messy one for freezing.

I saw that, but it is by someone with four adult pink sapphires already on their scroll. I was wondering about someone who wants but does not yet have any. I will take the answer as no, only CB pink sapphires are of value. Too bad I already have a different breed for Western dragon zombies, the only reason I keep more than my scroll goal of 2 of each gender CB (or as close as I can get) adults of any breed.

Edited by Awdz Bodkins

I would guess that by now, most everyone who just wants a pink sapphire adult sprite for collection's sake already has one. Or on the other end, maybe newer players who can't afford to trade for them (even lineaged ones) have decided to stop trying.

Edited by Dirtytabs

I caught a 2nd gen mixed egg last week and was not able to trade it. I did get an offer for a 2nd gen PB that I put up. The mixed one I ended up giving away on the community notice board. I put it on two-way and specified it was for someone who had no pinks, yet. I got a response almost immediately from someone who still needed one. So, I think the CBs are probably the only ones with much value at this point. I know CBs are the only thing I am looking for.

Edited by purplehaze

i have a male and female pink Sapphire, but i'm still stalking the AP for pinks to give away.  Awdz and purplehaze, if i just so happen to catch one that's CB, i'll PM either of you :) 

does it have to be CB? could it be Market?  there are some people on the On Wednesdays We Wear Pink thread that have said they've bought Market Sapphires to toss 'em, so there's that too.

Edited by trystan
question

While CB pink Sapphires may be more valuable and wanted in general, I don't think it's fair to say that only CBs have value. And just because someone owns a pink Sapphire or two doesn't mean they aren't looking and trading for more, not sure why those people wouldn't count. Personally I think they will eventually end up like many breeds, at first CBs are more wanted but if anyone is going to attempt the (admittedly close to impossible) task of making a lineage with them they will eventually be looking for non-CBs to add to a lineage.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

I know CBs are the only thing I am looking for.

Same, I just want a pair but I doubt I'll ever get them. 

Does anyone know how to search for a specific user? I need to find the user with scroll PremiumSandwich to return their egg

1 hour ago, Joblerone said:

Does anyone know how to search for a specific user? I need to find the user with scroll PremiumSandwich to return their egg

You can do a member-search on the forum (click the search bar, then 'more options', it should show an option for members), but if their forum name is different than their username you may be out of luck. If they have their scroll visible you can go to their scroll and see if they have any contact info as dragon names (like 'forum name (blank)' or whatever). 

edit: You could also post in this thread, sometimes someone else may know the user's forum name:

Edited by HeatherMarie

9 hours ago, Chaosdawn said:

Same, I just want a pair but I doubt I'll ever get them. 

Same here!

Regarding Pink Sapphires (and Yellow Sapphires), I collect ones that aren't CB. Heck, the only reason I have one at all is because I was lucky enough to catch a market egg that some nice person abandoned. But in general, I'd prefer them to have neat lineages (checkers, PB from parents with nice names/codes, pink holiday mates, prize-kin, etc.) or cool codes. I don't like messy ones unless they have cool codes, but then they're going into dead-line projects.

I still breed a few Sapphires to the AP every once in a while and people seem to collect them, so I'd say people still want them, you're just not likely to have much luck on the trade hub where everyone wants rares and more rares.

Pink sapphires. Yeah, there is some dedicated breeding and tossing of sapphires on Wednesdays, meaning they aren't terribly difficult to fish out of the AP on (usually) Saturdays. I've managed to catch as many as four bred pink sapphires in just an hour or two. Plus it seems like there are always tons of bred ones already on offer on the hub, too much supply, not enough demand to be worth very much.  

2 minutes ago, Tawanda001 said:

Pink sapphires. Yeah, there is some dedicated breeding and tossing of sapphires on Wednesdays

yep, i'm one of these people.  i have my Sapphire breeding on my calendar for every wednesday morning.  don't know if this has been posted here, but this is thread~

Is this idea worth adding more depth too? If so, anyone want to help with it cuz I have no idea how to make a good dragon suggestion thread

paintedamphiptere.png

7 minutes ago, _Ro_ said:

whats going on in the cave? theres no eggs at all.

New eggs got released. When new release happens there's a period of time when only new eggs generate on refreshes, then at some point other stuff starts mixing in and eventually it goes back to normal. Biomes are empty because all generated eggs have been grabbed.
https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/189179-2021-07-25-july-dragon-release/

Do yellow undines breed yellow undine eggs or it's the same small chance for yellow?

Ah ok, thanks.

Also are ther new releases super rare or something? People on the trading page are asking for chickens and such for them and I can't find them in the market page but I missed getting any hahha..