Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

16 minutes ago, painless_j said:

Am I correct to assume that you can get a Staterae egg from breeding any Xeno?

Yes, but it's rare.

Oh Ok, I didn't realize it was counting after 3AM so I didn't include that one. Makes more sense now. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm sorry. I has listening that AP had protection from wall of same eggs (only 24 of one breed). But now we have a wall of celestials(( more than 24... Is this a bug?

Screenshot_2021-08-09-20-18-44-389_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by Anona

No, not a bug. It is  a limit on the number of eggs abandoned by one person. Once someone picks up the egg it no longer counts. If that person then abandons the egg it counts as that person's abandon, not the original breeder. :(

It does seem that the walls have been much less frequent and shorter, though, since the change was made.

Edited by purplehaze

Another tiny question about breeding.

If two Royal Eminences are bred together, which of these will come out?:

1. Royal Blues
  2. Royal Crimsons
  3. Royal Eminences

Typically hybrids produce only their own breed when bred. The exception so far has been Ultraviolets that sometimes produce Spitfires.

Just bred an Eminence pair, and got an Eminence, would need to experiment more to see if they ever produce their parent breeds like UVs can. 🤔

I see, thank you for giving it a try! I'll breed my own Eminence pair sometime.

Edited by 0x08

32 minutes ago, DarkellaLord said:

Please, help me, my eyes are tricking me. What have I bred? XD Is it regular Cooper, or hybrid one? Does the hybrid have an official name?

I'm pretty sure it is a regular rainbow one, but it is super hard to tell them apart.

Try doing a temporary breed sort and see where the egg lands among your coppers. If it sorts below your blue ones it is the new pennybright.

58 minutes ago, DarkellaLord said:

Please, help me, my eyes are tricking me. What have I bred? XD Is it regular Cooper, or hybrid one? Does the hybrid have an official name?

I'm pretty sure its the hybrid (comparing eggs and also the image code matches the encyc one), and they're called pennybrights

Edited by Tini

1 hour ago, DarkellaLord said:

this is a Pennybright- regular Copper has "darker" spots

just traded my regular one or I'd show it, but here is  my just bred Pennybright

https://dragcave.net/lineage/B6hxz

Sort by breed; if it sorts below green coppers, it's a pennybright.

I bred two green Pargulus Pygmies and got a red one. Is the colour random and not related to the colour of the parents?

I couldn’t differentiate Pennybright and Rainbow Copper until I found that if I zoom to 200%, they look very different. Rainbows have irregular pattern and dark purplish spots while Pennybright are all concentric circles and shades of oranges.

Another question: is there any breed where you can get different CB colors randomly? The only one I could think of is the Dorsal, the other all have non-random mechanics based on time, biome, BSA etc.

35 minutes ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

Another question: is there any breed where you can get different CB colors randomly? The only one I could think of is the Dorsal, the other all have non-random mechanics based on time, biome, BSA etc.

Not sure if you mean eggs specifically... Alcedines are random I believe, but they share the same egg sprite. 

45 minutes ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

I couldn’t differentiate Pennybright and Rainbow Copper until I found that if I zoom to 200%, they look very different. Rainbows have irregular pattern and dark purplish spots while Pennybright are all concentric circles and shades of oranges.

Temp sport by breed (using the dropdown) and Pennybrights sort after green coppers.

45 minutes ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

Ridgewings.

You're right, I forgot the Ridgewing. I was thinking about random egg sprites specifically but if you include random hatchling sprites, then the Alcedine also counts and the Nebulas as well. Anything else?

Oh in that case, except that in theory we now know most of them, Sunday gemshards. And firegems if you don't use the clock. Xenowyrms - two randoms per habitat.

And if you include descriptions leading to what you don't expect, sun and moonstone, horse/frill, Sunbeam and Moonglow if you don't check the time (or get them from the AP and haven't unlocked them) Lunar Heralds if you don't use the clock, blue and purple dinos, stripe/spitfire (just don't hunt for striped in the desert and you'll be OK); pink and flamingo (don't hunt for pink in the jungle or coast)...

There may be more....

5 hours ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

Thank you for that. It will help with eggs that are not on my scroll.

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Temp sport by breed (using the dropdown) and Pennybrights sort after green coppers.

Lovely and sure method, which I use if the egg is on my scroll. But if I want to check one on someone else's scroll, or in a trade, it is good to have another method.

9 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Stupid question time. I use Manual. If I switch to sort by breed, when I go back to manual I take it the dragons will automatically sort back to how I had them?

6 minutes ago, Quinney said:

Stupid question time. I use Manual. If I switch to sort by breed, when I go back to manual I take it the dragons will automatically sort back to how I had them?

If you use the temp-sort (the 'sort by' drop-down on your scroll page) it doesn't 'save' any sorting, so just clicking on the main 'dragons' link will take you back to your manually-sorted scroll (or just set the 'sort by' back to 'default').

Edited by HeatherMarie

24 minutes ago, Quinney said:

Don't use the "change sort order" at the top of your scroll. Use the "sort by" dropdown on the right hand side below "unique breeds". That sort won't save so you can go right back to your manual sort.