Jump to content
Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Recommended Posts

Is this idea worth adding more depth too? If so, anyone want to help with it cuz I have no idea how to make a good dragon suggestion thread

paintedamphiptere.png

Share this post


Link to post

 whats going on in the cave? theres no eggs at all.

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, _Ro_ said:

whats going on in the cave? theres no eggs at all.

New eggs got released. When new release happens there's a period of time when only new eggs generate on refreshes, then at some point other stuff starts mixing in and eventually it goes back to normal. Biomes are empty because all generated eggs have been grabbed.
https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/189179-2021-07-25-july-dragon-release/


Do yellow undines breed yellow undine eggs or it's the same small chance for yellow?

Share this post


Link to post

Ah ok, thanks.

Also are ther new releases super rare or something? People on the trading page are asking for chickens and such for them and I can't find them in the market page but I missed getting any hahha..

Share this post


Link to post

The new releases are still dropping and are here to stay. There's no reason to think they will be rare - but when they first show up everyone wants them. They won't be in the market until after TJ's grow up. I am locked - but I just went to look and saw some of the new ones in the biomes.

 

People always try and get silly "money" for new releases.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

Cool, so release day values aren't nescessarily their real values once it's settled down?

 

EDIT

 

let me know which one you wanted and I can TRY and get one for when you aren't egglocked.

Edited by _Ro_

Share this post


Link to post

Oh don't worry - I do have two of each and I will get some more when things hatch and it's a bit calmer. Sweet of you to offer. But most people will be locked soon - and then your chances go up !

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, _Ro_ said:

Cool, so release day values aren't nescessarily their real values once it's settled down?

 

Not at all! Some people are very set on having one or more eggs from the release date and will sometimes pay high prices for them, but generally those who are willing to wait will have no trouble getting them later.

Share this post


Link to post

Aha yeah managed to get one of each!

 

I can get that, a bit like liking certain codes or lineages right? 

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, _Ro_ said:

Aha yeah managed to get one of each!

 

I can get that, a bit like liking certain codes or lineages right? 


Several factors come into play.
 

1. Some people don’t want to hunt for their own eggs and prefer to trade for them and will trade nice things for them. But this can backfire in the event the new release eggs turn out to be rare. There is no way to know this for certain until after the release is over and you can start to see how frequently or infrequently NR (new release) eggs pop up in the Cave.  For this reason, I always try to grab whatever I can, and as many as I can, on release day.  See: the Copper release for how this worked. There were seven new breed eggs released in seven days if I remember correctly—one new breed was released each day as part of the annual birthday event.  One of those days was Coppers and the rest were various eggs, but none of the others were rare.  At the time, none of us knew that Coppers were rare. (We suspected, because they were really hard to catch even on release date, if I remember correctly.) Plus, there were three versions of Coppers in different biomes and all of them turned out to be rare. So someone would have had to drop some of their other eggs to collect six Coppers if they wanted a male/female pair of each for breeding. At any rate, that 7-day birthday event (which remains my favorite DC birthday event ever) taught me one very important thing; the value of Red dragons and incubate. Players with more Reds were able to incubate faster and thus collect more of the new eggs.  ETA: Also reinforced to me the value of Pinks, so that one could influence them male/female to ensure that they receive a breeding pair. (Although I believe it was not until 2019 that Pinks were 100% guaranteed to produce the gender desired.)

 

2. As purplehaze mentioned, other people like to have eggs from the release date for various reasons.  I like having them for historical and sentimental purposes. It shows me that I was here on release date and that I collected those eggs on release date.  And there is a DC project that uses or tries to use release date eggs.

 

There are probably other factors as well that I can’t think of right now.

Edited by missy_

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/23/2021 at 8:48 PM, _Ro_ said:

Is this idea worth adding more depth too? If so, anyone want to help with it cuz I have no idea how to make a good dragon suggestion thread

paintedamphiptere.png

 

the color breeding idea is really cool! what's going on with the hatchling and adult's wing exactly? is the hatchling's body literally a blob, or has it been surrounded in the "paint" perhaps for protection? are the wings made of "paint" or do they secrete it? what's the main purpose of it? a paint dragon is a really fun concept and I'd love to know more :0

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, missy_ said:

(Although I believe it was not until 2019 that Pinks were 100% guaranteed to produce the gender desired.)

there were many years that i just casually played, didn't actually go on hiatus, but would pop in at least for Valentines, Festival of the Eggs, Halloween, and Xmas; and maybe some new releases.  when i dove back in head-first in Spring of 2019, the Pinks were guaranteed to Influence; and i think Aeons were also 100% correct - for some reason, it seemed to me it had been that way for a while, not just "new that year"

 

also, does anyone remember when names could be changed?  when i first got here (2008), you had to be absolutely certain about the name because you couldn't change it.  i know i was paying attention to the name change ability, because one of my dragons is named "Sable of of Kern and Blode" and i remember asking my older daughter (sweepea825, who was still playing at that time) if i should change Sable's name to eliminate the repeated word, and we decided to keep it XD 

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Arcy said:

 

the color breeding idea is really cool! what's going on with the hatchling and adult's wing exactly? is the hatchling's body literally a blob, or has it been surrounded in the "paint" perhaps for protection? are the wings made of "paint" or do they secrete it? what's the main purpose of it? a paint dragon is a really fun concept and I'd love to know more :0

I  hadn't thought that far ahead. Secreting paint sounds awesome, imagine how colourul their lairs would be. :D I guess at first I was thinking maybe their bodies were the paint, like an amorphous semi-liquid and hatchies just hadn't learned how to keep a solid form yet or something haha

 

5 minutes ago, trystan said:

also, does anyone remember when names could be changed? 

Possibly sometime before 2011-2013 as I joined around then and don't remember names not being changeable. I'm not certain though as I didn't play much till recently.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, trystan said:

 

also, does anyone remember when names could be changed?  when i first got here (2008), you had to be absolutely certain about the name because you couldn't change it.  i know i was paying attention to the name change ability, because one of my dragons is named "Sable of of Kern and Blode" and i remember asking my older daughter (sweepea825, who was still playing at that time) if i should change Sable's name to eliminate the repeated word, and we decided to keep it XD 

If I remember correctly, it was part of the big changes made in May/June of 2011. They started in December 2010 and finished up with the Cave birthday.

 

Here's the link to the preview post:

 

Edited by dragongrrl

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

40 minutes ago, _Ro_ said:

Possibly sometime before 2011-2013

 

19 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

If I remember correctly, it was part of the big changes made in May/June of 2011.

 

did a quick look at the new thread from May/June 2011, and unless the Name Changes was under "things we weren't expecting," June 2011 was the start of Biomes, Teleport, Fertility, 5-code dragon codes, Rare x Rare breeding... but i didn't see Name Change in there.

it's fine, i was just curious, it was just a tiny little question XD 

 

@dragongrrl - edit: i think i was posting just as you were editing! i found the same post you did, but i googled it and found The Change page on the wiki, and it was linked there.  wow, that was quite a while ago!! (i feel old).... wait, i AM old!

 

Edited by trystan

Share this post


Link to post

I could have sworn the "breed limits" page also included the Holiday limit for CBs?

 

But now it seems to only list GoN and Leetle Tree?

 

Am I completely misremembering or did the Holiday CB limits get yanked from the Breed Limits page??

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not sure, but do they only show when CB Holidays are actually available in the cave?

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, KageSora said:

I could have sworn the "breed limits" page also included the Holiday limit for CBs?

 

But now it seems to only list GoN and Leetle Tree?

 

Am I completely misremembering or did the Holiday CB limits get yanked from the Breed Limits page??

It only shows during the relevant holiday event.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, DragonLady86 said:

It only shows during the relevant holiday event.

Ah, that would make sense.  I so rarely go there, only by misclick, ahahaha

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, trystan said:

when i dove back in head-first in Spring of 2019, the Pinks were guaranteed to Influence; <snip>m- for some reason, it seemed to me it had been that way for a while, not just "new that year"


This is from the wiki. It was changed to 100% in 2019:

 

 an update in 2019 changed the mechanics of Influence so the gender of the target is guaranteed to match that of the influencing Pink.

Share this post


Link to post

Just saw someone whose join date was "2006-2010", yet I've definitely seen other users with a "2010" or a "2008". What's up with that?

Share this post


Link to post

Scrolls made before 2010 all used to have join date ranges like that when the feature first released if I remember right, I recall mine first said 2008-2010. Users said that they wanted the date to be more specific and there were suggestions for basing it on the year of the oldest dragon on a person's scroll. One day I logged in and saw my join date simply said 2008, I know TJ tweaked it shortly after the feature was released to be more specific but I'm not sure how it measures your join year now.

Is the user an active player or was this on a scroll that hasn't been logged into in a while? Maybe the join date only updates if the user has logged in since the tweaks? I know we still have some active 2006 joiners but not many unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.