Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Are there any specific mods that handle inappropriate dragon names? One of the children of one of my Thuweds got named a name that includes a swear word with one vowel removed, I don't think that's allowed.

How can anyone possibly get a CB pink sapphire? I cannot abandon and grab it, and I cannot get CB metals / enough rares to trade. How is this supposed to work?!

51 minutes ago, Awdz Bodkins said:

How can anyone possibly get a CB pink sapphire? I cannot abandon and grab it, and I cannot get CB metals / enough rares to trade. How is this supposed to work?!

You have to be lucky enough to grab one in the AP, or find someone willing to trade one for less. Some people do deliberately abandon CB Sapphires for others (and some, like me, have bought Market Sapphs to abandon), but they get snatched up super-fast whenever they show.  Hopefully the 'cost' in the hub will go down to more reasonable levels once the hype of a new-alt-rare calms down.

Edited by HeatherMarie

2 hours ago, Kovia said:

Are there any specific mods that handle inappropriate dragon names? One of the children of one of my Thuweds got named a name that includes a swear word with one vowel removed, I don't think that's allowed.

I believe any mod can escalate inappropriate name issues with either a global mod or TJ himself, at least that's been my personal experience. They're good about this sort of thing.

You sure it's meant to be a swear and not just a similar word in another language or a coincidental made up name? I was about to name one of my Ni-prefix dragons Gerr before I realised what english word that made once. Just asking them to change it might be sufficient.

Just want to double-check, using earthquake BSA only affects eggs and not hatchies, right? Or does it affect both?

If a pargulus egg is bought from the market, what colour will it be?

Also is colour from breeding random or dependant on parents? What is both pargulus parents are diffferent colours?

Thankyouu

I would like to understand one thing, without getting into a huge discussion of how breeding ratios work.

Can killing bred eggs/hatchlings of a particular breed on my scroll (from the AP, assuming I am not contributing to the bred population) help more caveborn of that breed to drop, assuming everything else is constant?

50 minutes ago, Awdz Bodkins said:

Can killing bred eggs/hatchlings of a particular breed on my scroll (from the AP, assuming I am not contributing to the bred population) help more caveborn of that breed to drop, assuming everything else is constant?

Probably not. CB and bred populations seem to be calculated separately, as you can have things be uncommon in cave but extremely common in breeding. I suspect TJ changed it long ago so CB blacks and stripes were no longer metal-level rare.

8 hours ago, _Ro_ said:

If a pargulus egg is bought from the market, what colour will it be?

Also is colour from breeding random or dependant on parents? What is both pargulus parents are diffferent colours?

Thankyouu

From the market - I am told it is random. Breeding - definitely random: 

https://dragcave.net/lineage/hqcGR

I was just breeding to keep going; I did use fertility every time, and by chance the father was always a red (I have no idea why I did that !_) but other than that...

Also:

https://dragcave.net/progeny/h4Dte

So it looks as though it will always be the colour of one of the parents... I have another line I can check, though...

Edited by Fuzzbucket

11 hours ago, _Ro_ said:

it seems to be random with a preference for parent's color. when I went through my parg's progenies it was something like 50% parent's color, 50% other colors. at least in the case of parg x non-parg

Thanks! It didn't happen to match the biomes of the non-parg parents did it? Ithink coppers work that way.

12 minutes ago, _Ro_ said:

Thanks! It didn't happen to match the biomes of the non-parg parents did it? Ithink coppers work that way.

that's an interesting thought but nope! here's a red from green and alpine (blue) mate

https://dragcave.net/lineage/huiB0

Cool, the wikia for pargalus is a bit lacking right now so I had to ask. XD I want a green but can't cave hunt to save my life lol  thankyou. :)

I am a bit confused. In my experience, or at least my memory, eggs usually sort in under the appropriate adults. For example the new Verdigris egg I caught is under my Verdigris adults, I've also seen this behavior with my Cantor eggs and hatchlings, but I caught a Gemshard egg that is sorting above my Gemshard adults (above my Jade Gemshards). Is this normal for Gemshards? It just doesn't seem to comply with the rules I thought were in play.

33 minutes ago, RainDear said:

I am a bit confused. In my experience, or at least my memory, eggs usually sort in under the appropriate adults. For example the new Verdigris egg I caught is under my Verdigris adults, I've also seen this behavior with my Cantor eggs and hatchlings, but I caught a Gemshard egg that is sorting above my Gemshard adults (above my Jade Gemshards). Is this normal for Gemshards? It just doesn't seem to comply with the rules I thought were in play.

Sunday gemshards are random so you won't know what colour it is until it hatches. Maybe that's the cave's way of keeping it a surprise?

That answer does make sense. I was hoping to figure the color out. I was able to catch 3 Gemstones I didn't need on Wednesday, but I couldn't manage to trade them for anything. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday I wasn't able to catch any. Getting all I want is going to be tougher than I expected.

I have a few questions about DC which I wan't ask in person and not pile them here. Does anybody have a few minutes to help me?=)

8 minutes ago, DarkellaLord said:

I have a few questions about DC which I wan't ask in person and not pile them here. Does anybody have a few minutes to help me?=)

you can PM me too if you'd like

1 hour ago, DarkellaLord said:

Me, too.

so, according to the wiki, Equinox dragons are in the Alpine in the summer and in the Volcano in the winter.  aren't they a little mixed up, being in a cold climate in the summer, and a hot climate in the winter? XD 

1 hour ago, trystan said:

so, according to the wiki, Equinox dragons are in the Alpine in the summer and in the Volcano in the winter.  aren't they a little mixed up, being in a cold climate in the summer, and a hot climate in the winter? XD 

Not necessarily? No encyclopedia info on them and no real clues in their description, but personally I think it makes perfect sense to seek out cooler places in the summer and warmer places in the winter. So they don't get the extremes of each season. 

Does anyone know of any place that lists the order of breeds with rainbow sort? The wiki doesn't have that kind of information but *someone* must have made a list at some point right? I'm just... Constantly confused by rainbow sort.

24 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

personally I think it makes perfect sense to seek out cooler places in the summer and warmer places in the winter. So they don't get the extremes of each season. 

fair enough.  i'd like a house in Alaska in the summer, so i get it. :D