Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

10 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Use the "sort by" dropdown on the right hand side below "unique breeds".

huh.  you learn something new every day

This may seem like really stupid question, but I swear I have been looking around for an answer on my own for quite a while and can't seem to figure this out.

So in forums, there was (or is still?) an option to be anonymous upon signing in... I've tried signing out and in again, I've cleared cookies, gone through all possible settings that I could think of...

How do I disable this feature? For a while I wanted to browse threads anonymous, but... now I seem to be stuck with it? Is there a way to turn it off? How do I do this? I seem to have been going through same pages over and over with no answer so far... am I missing something obvious here?

Someone asked and got confirmation earlier than Nebula eggs sort either with blue/purple Nebulas or with red/green ones so you can guess their color (if you also know the gender of the egg).

Do Alcedine eggs sort with either red or blue Alcedine adults according to future color? I tried grabbing a couple of Alcedine eggs and they all sorted below my blue Alcedine so either I randomly picked blue eggs or eggs don’t sort according to future color.

I THOUGHT the sort thing for nebulas had been "fixed" and it didn't work any more ? I have some I need to breed so - back soon....

OK - I searched back; it seems that ONLY works once they hatch, not with eggs. (And until my firegems co-operate I can't test !)

Edited by Fuzzbucket

4 hours ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

Do Alcedine eggs sort with either red or blue Alcedine adults according to future color? I tried grabbing a couple of Alcedine eggs and they all sorted below my blue Alcedine so either I randomly picked blue eggs or eggs don’t sort according to future color.

I am pretty certain that trick does not work with the Alcedines. It was tried when they first were released.

I don't think it works with Nebula eggs, either. You have to wait until they hatch. But Pargulus pygmies sort with their color as eggs -- or at least they used to.

Did a thread ever get created for ideas for breeding the new Oracle Wyrms? Not trying to force anyone to create one if not, but I'm just wondering if I missed it somewhere since I tend to stick to the same discussion areas on the forums.

I don't remember seeing such a thread, @Silverwatermist. I do recall seeing some people talk about lineage ideas in the release thread. I remember Aso Xenowyrms being brought up.

And speaking of Xenowyrms,

Question:

When breeding Staterae Xenowyrms, the Xenowyrm offspring are determined by the biome of the parents, as far as I know.

Now, what if a Staterae Xenowyrm's mate has a lineage (is not caveborn)?

And, what if this mate is a Prize Dragon?

Edited by 0x08

2 hours ago, Silverwatermist said:

Did a thread ever get created for ideas for breeding the new Oracle Wyrms? Not trying to force anyone to create one if not, but I'm just wondering if I missed it somewhere since I tend to stick to the same discussion areas on the forums.

No, I don't think so.

Thank you! Glad to have a confirmation so I don't keep wondering! (And yes, I do remember some talk about it in the release thread now that you say that! I'll have to go back and look at that while I figure out what to breed :))

39 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

And speaking of Xenowyrms,

Question:

When breeding Staterae Xenowyrms, the Xenowyrm offspring are determined by the biome of the parents, as far as I know.

Now, what if a Staterae Xenowyrm's mate has a lineage (is not caveborn)?

And, what if this mate is a Prize Dragon?

As far as I can tell Stats can give any Xeno when breeding, not based on biome. I have Stats that have given me nearly every type!

I see, good to know, thank you both! :D

This one is more of a question about aesthetics, I suppose... Please let me know if this topic is not the place for it, and I'll move it.

Which Cantormaris variant looks best when paired with a Staterae?

Spoiler

Cantormaris_Mundus_adult.png.e455b9f4a8e8f517f7a62244a6b1e6fd.png×Xenowyrm_Staterae_adult.png.000db12ecf0b588abdd81e02a061c72c.png Mundus

Cantormaris_Sophos_adult.png.9b6eede49a18dd0bdbfb37c2555edeea.png×Xenowyrm_Staterae_adult.png.000db12ecf0b588abdd81e02a061c72c.png Sophos

Cantormaris_Itus_adult.png.2250fe5271722cc734c01c320c2ba22c.png×Xenowyrm_Staterae_adult.png.000db12ecf0b588abdd81e02a061c72c.png Itus

Cantormaris_Iratus_adult.png.6a0147956b9ded8e8f815d432133236a.png×Xenowyrm_Staterae_adult.png.000db12ecf0b588abdd81e02a061c72c.png Iratus

Cantormaris_Tutela_adult.png.10da2894cdb1b99d690d8e17050bc671.png×Xenowyrm_Staterae_adult.png.000db12ecf0b588abdd81e02a061c72c.png Tutela

Cantormaris_Motus_adult.png.61eadce2da8e8d3d90f6f1f7a388a46f.png×Xenowyrm_Staterae_adult.png.000db12ecf0b588abdd81e02a061c72c.png Motus

Probably should be somewhere in breeding.... but - while my heart says Tutela because they are Da Best, my brain agrees with RainDear.

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Probably should be somewhere in breeding

Noted ;)

And thank you both! I agree, Sophos fits quite nicely. :)

Is there a thread on the forum for testing posts?

For example, I need to test this:

AaaaBbbbCccccDddddEeeeeFffffGggggHhhhhIiiiiiJjjjjjjKkkkkkLlllll

MmmmmNnnnnOooooPppppQQQqqqqRrrrrSssssTttttUuuuuVvvvv

WwwwwXxxxxYyyyyZzzzzQqqQqQQQ aaaAAA bbbBBB ggggGGGG

jjjj JJJJJ kkkk KKKK mmmmm MMMMM nnnnn NNNNN PpPpPpPp

Why on earth do you need to test that - and what do you mean by "testing posts" ?

38 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Why on earth do you need to test that - and what do you mean by "testing posts" ?

From her post in the forum update post, I gather she was trying to determine the identity of the new font. ;)

56 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

From her post in the forum update post, I gather she was trying to determine the identity of the new font. ;)

That is correct! :D

33 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Oh. Well - if you copy paste to word, I get it as Segoe UI..

But why would one need to have a special test post ?

Page source says Fira Code:

https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Fira+Code

It’s not Fira Code. Check the Q, for one.

I made a screenshot of the post and uploaded it to several sites which do font identification, and that is how I found the font.