Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

50 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Basically the blue/purple ones are counted together, since they are male/female of the same 'type', and the green/red ones sort together for the same reason. So when using a breed-sort/filter the blue and purple ones sort above the red and green ones. 

So if I have a Nebula hatchling I influenced female and it is sorting with the blue and purple ones, it should be a blue female, then. Thanks!

ETA: To clarify, it sorts at the bottom of the blue and purple adults and above the red and green adults. It sorts below a a frozen purple Nebula hatchling.

Edited by missy_

I have another sorting question regarding Gemshards. I just bought from the market (still Saturday) a citrine Gemshard. When I sort my scrolled by breed, I noticed that the egg is at the top of all of my Gemshards regardless of color. I already have one citrine Gemshard on my scroll, so it seems like it should sort in the citrine area?

1 hour ago, missy_ said:

I have another sorting question regarding Gemshards. I just bought from the market (still Saturday) a citrine Gemshard. When I sort my scrolled by breed, I noticed that the egg is at the top of all of my Gemshards regardless of color. I already have one citrine Gemshard on my scroll, so it seems like it should sort in the citrine area?

Gemshard eggs automatically sort above all adult gemshards, presumably to keep the randomness element true for Sunday. Don't worry about it if the date's right.

Edited by Shadowdrake

missy, fuzz, and purplehaze--glad i could contribute something to dragcave science ; )

can someone break down how EQ works on canto eggs for someone who's never once used it?

i know the chances are hatch/kill/nothing... but do canto eggs hatch into the proper EQ color when they hatch, or does 'nothing happened' also elicit the color? do i need to keep trying to EQ an egg, or is just one 'nothing happened' good enough?

@steeve  'Nothing happened' will result in green as well, basically as long as it survives the EQ it'll be green. (As long as you don't do any other color-changing BSAs on it after.)

Edited by HeatherMarie

11 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

@steeve  'Nothing happened' will result in green as well, basically as long as it survives the EQ it'll be green. (As long as you don't do any other color-changing BSAs on it after.)

thank god. that's a relief to hear. thank you!

(and just to make sure i'm not wrong here... the last BSA used is the one that determines color, right?)

That’s right. So if an egg is “unaffected by earthquake”, one really needs to remember not to incubate/precog/ward it after the fact!

Good luck for the Earthquake @steeve !

Edited by Elizabeth Moonstone

How long does it take for a grown dragon to count towards the raffle requirement. I had my 3rd bred sunstone grow up early this morning but I'm still only showing as having 2 out of the 3 required to enter. Do I just need to wait longer or is something borked?

A bred dragon doesn't count; they have to be CB. Read up the thread - this was just tested.

That is very odd. And really confuses the issue.

I just went through and sorted by age, I do have one other desert and it is a cb but it's the only cb. So yeah, only 2 of the four are showing on the raffle entry page right now.

So - what about that spitfire experiment.... Very strange. But this fits what purplehaze and I (thought we)  remembered about bred ones that courted in the past.

UNLESS you have to have bred it on your own scroll ???

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Mine are AP finds, I'm hoping it's just a matter of needing more time. I have other desert hatchies almost grown but I just thought it was strange that the first popped right up on the entry page the same day they grew up but the other didn't. Unless it's counting one that grew up on the last day of July? Is that possible?

Edited by Tawanda001

It shouldn't count that one - but maybe. Bu if it counts bred ones then - what about that spitfire ?

9 minutes ago, Tawanda001 said:

Unless it's counting one that grew up on the last day of July? Is that possible?

Yes! It switches over at 3am on the last day of the month, which is when the raffle winners are drawn. Anything that grows up after that will count.

Oh - OK. STILL doesn't explain that spitfire.

So, if you had a CB that grew up on the 31st that is the likely explanation. That one counts and the other CB counts and none of the bred ones do. So you need one more CB.

Fuzz, I don't see a conflict now with the Spitfire. It didn't count and it shouldn't have.

Edited by purplehaze

OK - I thought that was her ONLY CB...

I swear someone started a thread about this. I wanted to name a hatchie Bleedin' Freezin'

It says

You try to write the name, but several characters disappear as you write, so you decide to try something else.

The name you tried to use contains invalid characters. Names can only contain letters, numbers, spaces, apostrophes, and dashes.

But that's exactly all I have in there. (No there is not a space at the end !) Why can I not end a name with an apostrophe ?

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I swear someone started a thread about this. I wanted to name a hatchie Bleedin' Freezin'

It says

You try to write the name, but several characters disappear as you write, so you decide to try something else.

The name you tried to use contains invalid characters. Names can only contain letters, numbers, spaces, apostrophes, and dashes.

But that's exactly all I have in there. (No there is not a space at the end !) Why can I not end a name with an apostrophe ?

Same reason you can't begin or end a name with a space or a dash. :P

You are right that the script does not match the actuality.

I KNEW there was a thread ! Thanks !