Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

@purplehaze I noticed that, too. Maybe the point is that it can also be a Sunday egg? And of course the old colour adults can be from any day of week if they grew up before the latest birthday release.

I thought it was 100% except that Sunday is random, I must say.... 

1 hour ago, Varislapsi said:

Maybe the point is that it can also be a Sunday egg?

Oh, that does make sense since some Gemshards of any color could be generated on Sunday rather than their exclusive day. I hadn't thought of that.

I'm sure this has been asked already, but how do we unlock the egg image for the yellow sapphire dragon?  I have two adults and a frozen hatchling, all raised from an egg, but it's still greyed out in my encyclopedia.  

You'd have to view other people's yellow Sapphire eggs. Unless you obtained it from someone else as already yellow, you'll likely view it as blue first and that's what will register for the encyclopedia. You won't get an extra unlock count just because it changed color.

Just now, animatedrose said:

You'd have to view other people's yellow Sapphire eggs. Unless you obtained it from someone else as already yellow, you'll likely view it as blue first and that's what will register for the encyclopedia. You won't get an extra unlock count just because it changed color.

Ohh okay that makes sense.  Thanks!  Gonna go stalk some hatcheries now....

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

The site was down for me but it is now back. 

<snip>

- How critical is it to ward an egg before earthquaking it? by which I mean: How likely is it for an hatchling born from the earthquake to die of sickness?

Site was down for me at some point as well. All is fine now for me.

To the best of my knowledge, Warding doesn’t impact the results of Earthquake. However, there is experimenting going on in a thread I will post below, where people are Warding prior to Earthquaking. But that could be because of what Tini posted in that thread:

“Its wise to ward shortly before the attempt, so the successful hatchies won't die, but you also maximize ward time.

• Its not common to die after, but it really depends on how early you earthquaked and how long things have been sick.
  • (You can't ward hatchies)”

I believe the main reason that Ward is being used in that thread is “so the successful hatchies won’t die” (is there confirmation of this?) but I don’t think anything has been proven about warding preventing earthquaked eggs (or their resulting hatchies?? not sure about this one) from being killed.

Thread:

It bears repeating that Ward does not prevent eggs from getting sick, only from dying of sickness for six hours. The same goes for a warded egg that hatches: the hatchling can still die from sickness after the six-hour total Ward time wears off, even if the egg was warded.

12 hours ago, Lagie said:

https://dragcave.net/view/Sammy - Indeed they are! XD

Oh my gosh!! :wub: Sammy is beautiful   :wub: :iraptor:❤️

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Gemshards purchased in the market will be the same color as those caught in the cave that day -- so yes, it should be Amethyst.

I see the wiki says amethyst is "Most common in eggs created on Thursdays".

My question now is, aren't they 100% color/day determined since the new colors were introduced?

purplehaze, I would like to know this as well! So far, the new Gemshards I have acquired on their given day have been the correct color. But I do not know whether it is 100% certain. I believe all of mine have been purchased from the market. ETA: Whoops, I do have some from biomes; I must have traded for those.

Edited by missy_

The only reason i could see to ward an egg before earthquake is if you viewbombed them into sickness territory first. Because you cant ward a hatchling. But viewbombing is entirely unnecessary. Just hit earthquake a couple hours before they'll hatch normally and they will be fine and not sick.

6 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

The only reason i could see to ward an egg before earthquake is if you viewbombed them into sickness territory first. Because you cant ward a hatchling. But viewbombing is entirely unnecessary. Just hit earthquake a couple hours before they'll hatch normally and they will be fine and not sick.

Yeah this is why, early viewbomb eq hatchies are usually some degree of sick, the ward gives them the 6 hour buffer to stop being sick so they don't die. The earlier you EQ the more chance they have to die from how high you viewbombed them, if that all makes sense? That entire post is mostly from the pov of trying to get super early hatchies, so its a concern. (Pretty sure we had a whole batch of super early pitfires die after ward ran out)

Re: Gemshards, we'd need a non sunday egg that hatched wrong to prove its not 100%, which is hard to do if it is 100% lol. I've not heard anyone having a non-sunday miscolor, and I think that's all the wiki's referring to (sundays).

my gemshard encyclopedia page only shows 4 variants (and no greyed out slots for the extra 2). are they not in there yet?

also--i know i ask this every 6 months--but how high is the 'unique breeds' number now?

44 minutes ago, steeve said:

my gemshard encyclopedia page only shows 4 variants (and no greyed out slots for the extra 2). are they not in there yet?

also--i know i ask this every 6 months--but how high is the 'unique breeds' number now?

You have to view some of the color for them to appear, they were there day 1 if you clicked enough eggs of the right kinds.

My unique is at 284, no idea if the new two are in yet.

2 hours ago, Tini said:

no idea if the new two are in yet.

I suppose they are. My uniques jumped from 259 to 261 as soon as I caught the egg.

Posted (edited)

I need a reminder with some things regarding undead dragons.

1. How many kill attempts do we get an a two-week period? Is it five?

2. If we attempt to make a zombie and it dodges our blade, does that mean it we cannot attempt to kill it again?

3. I currently have 24 creatures on my scroll. Will all of these kill attempts—I think there may have been 5 successful kills out of 5 attempts—will all of them count against my scroll for 24 hours and cause me to not be able to pick up any new creatures?  (I know that I cannot pick up any new creatures as I am currently maxed at 24, but I am planning to trade some of them or wait for them to grow up.)  Also, will this affect trades? Will I be unable to receive a new creature in a trade? I currently have some things up for trade and was not considering how being locked might affect being able to receive any new trades.

4. I cannot find the two tombstones on my scroll for my two “failed attempt to revive” dragons. I can view them directly from my action log and under the parent dragons’ progeny, but I can’t find them on my scroll.

Thanks in advance. :iraptor:

ETA: I thought I killed a dragon but it dodged my blade. There is nothing in my action log.  It must be because I failed to kill him, as I still have one kill attempt left.

Edited by missy_

34 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Yeah, but vamps and eqs also count. If you stab early on the .... 15th? (i dont exactly know the timing) the tombstones will be there for revive but you can stab a bit later for 10 revives on the 31st.

2. If we attempt to make a zombie and it dodges our blade, does that mean it we cannot attempt to kill it again?

For a day, yeah

3. I currently have 24 creatures on my scroll. Will all of these kill attempts—I think there may have been 5 successful kills out of 5 attempts—will all of them count against my scroll for 24 hours and cause me to not be able to pick up any new creatures?  (I know that I cannot pick up any new creatures as I am currently maxed at 24, but I am planning to trade some of them or wait for them to grow up.)  Also, will this affect trades? Will I be unable to receive a new creature in a trade? I currently have some things up for trade and was not considering how being locked might affect being able to receive any new trades.

Only eggs count against your scroll I think? I don't think hatchies do but I'm not 100% certain. Frozen hatchies don't for sure.

Posted (edited)

42 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Yes - to the second.

you can kill it again after 24 hours (to the second) - some say after midnigt cave time; I haev never managed to verify this.

All killed eggs count for 24 hours after they were killed. If you trade away stuff to make a space, those spaces will be available. A space is a space. At presehjt you have - maybe 5 - occupied by the dead, is all.

4. I cannot find the two tombstones on my scroll for my two “failed attempt to revive” dragons. I can view them directly from my action log and under the parent dragons’ progeny, but I can’t find them on my scroll.

Have you looked under the breed they used to be ? you sort by breed, I think.

ETA they are both on your front page, mixed in.

ETA: I thought I killed a dragon but it dodged my blade. There is nothing in my action log.  It must be because I failed to kill him, as I still have one kill attempt left.

A failed kill doesn't count as a kill.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, missy_ said:

1) 5 kills per 2 weeks. Failed vampires and earthquake deaths are not limited by this, but will still take up your kill slots and prevent you from killing more. Killing early on the 17th will allow you up to 10 revives in a 24-hour period.

2) It will continue to dodge until next midnight, when the chance resets. 

3) Killing any growing things will lock the slot for 24 hours. If hatchling, only a growing slot is taken. If egg, both growing slot and egg slot are taken. if frozen hatchling or adult, no scroll slots are taken. If you're ever uncertain if a dead thing is still taking a scroll slot, you can check your egg limits page

- It acts exactly the same as if you were trading while locked/they were still growing hatchlings; you can trade 1:1, or more of yours for less of the other person's, but you can't go over 24 growing things. 

4) You can ctrl+f "dead" to find them easier. They should be exactly where they were before you killed them.

5) Failed kills and successful, non-zombie revives do not take up kill slots. Only murdered corpses and fresh zombies do.

If you're making zombie hatchlings, starving them to death in advance is more efficient as they won't lock your slot after you die, and you can still use your kills on adults.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Do you have to pick three dragons from the Desert to raise them, or it is gonna be enough to pick three from the AP, which appear in Desert biome?=)

1 minute ago, DarkellaLord said:

Do you have to pick three dragons from the Desert to raise them, or it is gonna be enough to pick three from the AP, which appear in Desert biome?=)

I'm pretty sure the last time there was a biome-connected requirement that any breed found in that biome counted, but I'm not sure.

Then what about all the breeds that are found in all biomes - do they count ?

As far as I remember from previous biome-requirements, as long as it says that specific biome on the dragon's view-page you are good. (After all, it says 'from the Desert', not 'only found in the Desert')

It is not any breed from desert biomes; it is, specifically, a CB dragon that was born in the desert biome, but does not have to be grabbed by you (trading or ap-grabbed is fine).

Seems to me I was once able to count bred waterhorses as coast ones while I was doing Slimeridge Love.... but they are ONLY in coast.

When you quote someone how do you divide that quote in multiple parts? So you can answer point by point.

Like:

Answer

Answer

Answer

Posted (edited)

If you highlight part of their post, you will see a pop-up that says "quote selection" (you might have to right click to see it). Click on that pop-up and it will put the highlighted part in a quote box. Do that separately for each part you want to quote. That is what I do on my Windows laptop using Firefox. If you are using mobile or another browswer then I have no idea if that will work.

Edited by purplehaze

@purplehaze  .... And all this time I've been repeatedly quoting the entire post and just deleting the parts around the part I wanted to respond to. Good to know!