Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

On 7/26/2021 at 12:02 AM, trystan said:

ah, very cool! thanks missy!

You’re welcome! I realize the wiki isn’t always correct, but I think it is in this case. :)

55 minutes ago, _Ro_ said:

Oh ok, thanks. :)

I'll try that.

No problem! It took me quite a few tries to figure this out with forum posts. XD I kept deleting the image from the forum post, saving, and then the image would still be there. Finally figured out I needed to delete the attachment. It may work for signatures but I haven’t tested it. :iraptor:

9 minutes ago, missy_ said:

You’re welcome! I realize the wiki isn’t always correct, but I think it is in this case. :)

woo hoo!

i'm so glad influencing is 100% :D 

49 minutes ago, trystan said:

woo hoo!

i'm so glad influencing is 100% :D 

Me too!

~~~~~

My TLQ is about the Fertility BSA. I was thinking that it is now “unofficially” close to 100%, yet I saw an odd entry here about a refusal between two Pink Sapphires even though Fertility was used, and I also seem to recall some weird refusal issues with Turpentines? although cannot recall exactly what those were. 🤔

The wiki currently states 

Following an update on August 14, 2016, Fertility is now able to significantly reduce the chance of refusals during breeding.

It doesn’t state 100%, only “significantly reduce.” But it seems like unofficially it may be close to 100%?

I have been collecting Purples for awhile now, as the chances of refusals now seem significantly lower when using Fertility.

I looked at the wiki, but I cannot find any reference for Turpentines and their weird breeding refusals and I can’t find anything on the issue, but I know it’s been discussed at some point.

I breed a lot of untried pairs of dragons and since the change, I have never had a pair refuse after using fertility on them -- except for two occasions, when one of the dragons involved was a Turpentine. Others' results may vary, but that is my experience. I'm not sure what the deal is with Turpentines, but they have always been more likely to refuse than other dragons.

I mean, Turpentines are covered in a stinky, somewhat toxic oil... I imagine that is a bit of a turn-off. 😅 Breed description says "Many other breeds consider Turpentine Dragons to be pests, so they primarily breed among themselves." I wonder what the refusal rate for PB Turpentine pairs is compared to mixed pairs?

3 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

I mean, Turpentines are covered in a stinky, somewhat toxic oil... I imagine that is a bit of a turn-off. 😅 Breed description says "Many other breeds consider Turpentine Dragons to be pests, so they primarily breed among themselves." I wonder what the refusal rate for PB Turpentine pairs is compared to mixed pairs?

Never thought about that, but it's an interesting idea. Maybe some of us should keep track of pb turp breedings and gather some data.

21 hours ago, Nakti said:

I have 2006-2010 range, but my first dragons are dated 2013. Maybe I've registered in that range, but didn't manage to raise anything and left until later or something like that. I don't remember actually)

If account registration year is based on first dragon raised, in my case it couldn't be evaluated, so it's still 2006-2010. Maybe that's the case.

oh, that totally makes sense... i guess they probably just didn't get any eggs. i don't *think* it was your scroll, but it might've been! thanks for the explanation!

i'm glad we have concrete dates now because i quite like my october 31st registration date hehe...

//

also a question: what are the forum tiers, again? i thought it was 1000 posts to reach the level you can have a custom label instead of 'Level #'. Is it higher now, or am i misremembering?

Edited by steeve

Fertility is not 100%. TJ said that when he said that influence now WAS 100%. Can't find it - but it is definitely "significantly reduces" not "prevents" refusals.

I use fertility on all new pairs basically and I seem to recall only one refusal with using it but my memory isn't great so I can't be sure. It's possible I forgot but I try to be really careful to use it. I am sure it did not involve a turp as I do not breed those. 

why is the accept button on a trade greyed out?

I'm not scrolllocked, and they offered me exactly what I wanted so I really want to accept before they get bored waiting and cancel.. ._.

7 hours ago, steeve said:

also a question: what are the forum tiers, again? i thought it was 1000 posts to reach the level you can have a custom label instead of 'Level #'. Is it higher now, or am i misremembering?

Level 10, when you can change your member title, is 2,000 posts, but you can't actually change it until you have made your 2,001st post.

51 minutes ago, _Ro_ said:

I'm not scrolllocked, and they offered me exactly what I wanted so I really want to accept before they get bored waiting and cancel.. ._.

It may be that the person who offered is unable to accept the trade due to their scroll lock situation.

If you're trading an egg for a hatchling and they're already egg locked, they can't take another egg so the trade can't complete.

Anyone have any guidelines as to what counts as a "name code"? All I can find is that it needs to be in the format Xxxxx and "pronounceable." I'm pretty sure Lhode and Louxo count, but I'm unsure if Svaua and Ebeaa count as pronounceable.

7 minutes ago, Kovia said:

Anyone have any guidelines as to what counts as a "name code"? All I can find is that it needs to be in the format Xxxxx and "pronounceable." I'm pretty sure Lhode and Louxo count, but I'm unsure if Svaua and Ebeaa count as pronounceable.

Anything that's properly capitalized. Pronounceable is subjective. I personally think Svaua and Ebeaa are much more pronounceable than Lhode and Louxo.

I find all 4 of them pretty pronouncable, but it sort of depends what language one speaks as some have certain sounds/letter combinations that others don't...

What type of dragon is this little guy? Got him in a trade and can't find an encyclopedia link or what it is on the wiki..

Edited by _Ro_

Pyralspite. The Spessartine variety.

2 hours ago, Kovia said:

Anyone have any guidelines as to what counts as a "name code"?

It's almost certainly subjective. Some people also don't care about capitalization, just that it looks pronounceable, and even that is variable.

Guess I'll just toss all four into my codes group, thanks guys.

4 hours ago, Kovia said:

I agree with the other comments that it’s subjective. For me, I want it to look like a recognizable name, which would vary based on what country you’re from and one’s subjective preferences. For me, out of all of those, I best like Luoxo for no particular reason. I keep codes I like, even if they make no sense to someone else :lol:  In the U.S., “Bob” would be a name, and Sal or Sally, but actual 5-letter name codes seem kinda rare. 

I can't access the site and Down For All confirms the site is down. Does anyone know if this is for maintenance or just 'one of those unexpected things'?

It's fine for me, so I don't know what downforme is doing...

24 minutes ago, Nakeisha said:

I can't access the site and Down For All confirms the site is down. Does anyone know if this is for maintenance or just 'one of those unexpected things'?

I can't access the site either. I've been trying for almost an hour and nothing. Maybe it's something unexpected, it has happened to me before, the site goes down for a while and then I can access it.

26 minutes ago, Nakeisha said:

I have 504 Gateway Time-out evety time near an hour