Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

4 minutes ago, KRABBIT said:

How do the spriters of the Arcana dragons seem to have like 60+ CB, all from 2018? 

IOU trades, I assume. Spriter agrees to breed a spriter's alt (presumably) for people who hold/hatch CBs for them. At least, that's how I've seen it done in the past. Could be different depending on the spriter.

7 minutes ago, KRABBIT said:

How do the spriters of the Arcana dragons seem to have like 60+ CB, all from 2018? 

Because there's no limit on CB Halloween breeds. They probably picked up their egg limit, then AP hunted or traded for more

i just want to know if im misremembering something, but did (YEARS ago) cb prize dragons use to be tradeable? or have they always been untradeable and i just have this weird incorrect memory in my head of trading mine for a different variation? O.o 

10 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

i just want to know if im misremembering something, but did (YEARS ago) cb prize dragons use to be tradeable? or have they always been untradeable and i just have this weird incorrect memory in my head of trading mine for a different variation? O.o 

They sure did. Led to things like multis and other unsavory things so TJ put the anti-trade on them some years later, though i don't know when.

8 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

They sure did. Led to things like multis and other unsavory things so TJ put the anti-trade on them some years later, though i don't know when.

whew, thanks, i thought i was going crazy and misremembering it. i suddenly thought of it in retrospect and realized that i'm sure i had a silver tinsel (i think?) and i traded it for a bronze since i won one in 2015 and got lucky again in 2017... i should have kept it, in hindsight, but having a matching pair makes sense too.

edit: weird, i got shooshine in 2017, so it had to be after that that the change was made... has it seriously only been that long?

Edited by InvaderAlexis

5 hours ago, InvaderAlexis said:

whew, thanks, i thought i was going crazy and misremembering it. i suddenly thought of it in retrospect and realized that i'm sure i had a silver tinsel (i think?) and i traded it for a bronze since i won one in 2015 and got lucky again in 2017... i should have kept it, in hindsight, but having a matching pair makes sense too.

edit: weird, i got shooshine in 2017, so it had to be after that that the change was made... has it seriously only been that long?

Trading Prizes was already disabled in 2015. Would have loved to swap my Shim for a Tin back then, but it was already impossible. Only abandoing was a thing.

For fellow oldtimers here, anyone remember when dragon names stopped being deleted for inactivity? I poked around on the wiki and didn't see anything. I'm *thinking* it was sometime in 2008, because a long-inactive friend who probably wasn't around much longer than that still has named dragons, but I have no idea how to figure out anything more precise.

I thought it was sometime in 2010 but I don't remember exactly anymore, definitely been a long time.

It was certainly later than either of those dates. (I have a friend who left in... - well, well after that - and we all - (her IRL friends) expected her to lose her magnificent names, as people still were doing, and she didn't. So if I could remember when she...

She was still playing in 2012, so after that. (I am looking at her scroll and trying to find her most recent addition, as she has to have left after that.)

5 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

It was certainly later than either of those dates. (I have a friend who left in... - well, well after that - and we all - (her IRL friends) expected her to lose her magnificent names, as people still were doing, and she didn't. So if I could remember when she...

She was still playing in 2012, so after that. (I am looking at her scroll and trying to find her most recent addition, as she has to have left after that.)

I'm guessing 2012-2013. Marrto has some dragons after that from random catches but he mostly quit after losing all his names.

I quit playing at the end of 2012 and when I came back I had lost all my names. So sometime in 2013 or later? 

Why does the DC clock not have seconds? I was just playing Neopets again after a long hiatus and realized their site clock had seconds included (which are also useful for certain site mechanics where you need to be quick in order to gain items/achievements). It surely couldn't be too difficult to add to the site, no?

26 minutes ago, coo_ said:

Why does the DC clock not have seconds? I was just playing Neopets again after a long hiatus and realized their site clock had seconds included (which are also useful for certain site mechanics where you need to be quick in order to gain items/achievements). It surely couldn't be too difficult to add to the site, no?

The time shown on DC is static once a page loads, so if seconds were included, it would be on the exact second you loaded the page. Basically if I left the page open for ~30 seconds or so, the clock would not change at all. I assume that's a major part of the reason (though having the seconds would be helpful for Neglected experiments :P)

3 hours ago, Paintra said:

The time shown on DC is static once a page loads, so if seconds were included, it would be on the exact second you loaded the page. Basically if I left the page open for ~30 seconds or so, the clock would not change at all. I assume that's a major part of the reason (though having the seconds would be helpful for Neglected experiments :P)

Yes but surely it could be coded differently, no? I'm not claiming to be some coding mastermind or anything, so I don't want to offend anyone. I just was thinking it could be possible and easy to do. I've seen other gaming sites with running clocks - so the time changes as you sit on a webpage without refreshing.

Edited by coo_

15 minutes ago, coo_ said:

Yes but surely it could be coded differently, no? I'm not claiming to be some coding mastermind or anything, so I don't want to offend anyone. I just was thinking it could be possible and easy to do. I've seen other gaming sites with running clocks - so the time changes as you sit on a webpage without refreshing.

Oh yeah, they definitely exist! I know Eggcave has one that updates dynamically by the second, but it also takes a while to load in.. maybe that has something to do with it?

Um, the dragon cave site looks all strange right now. Anyone else getting this?

2c2cef8199b1428f1429ada8ae88ebae.png

Yeah, site's been wonky for a lot of people all day. Basically unusable for me at the moment.

On 8/4/2020 at 10:52 AM, ADN6 said:

I quit playing at the end of 2012 and when I came back I had lost all my names. So sometime in 2013 or later? 

It had to have been very early 2013.  I very much remember the death of the holly named Santa and wanting to get that name. The name was never removed from the dead dragon, killed on Jan 21, 2013.

22 minutes ago, Diame said:

Um, the dragon cave site looks all strange right now. Anyone else getting this?

2c2cef8199b1428f1429ada8ae88ebae.png

Please post issues like this in their own thread so that they can be more easily seen and addressed.

1 minute ago, TJ09 said:

Please post issues like this in their own thread so that they can be more easily seen and addressed.

I couldn't find a thread about this in the help section of the forums.

22 minutes ago, Diame said:

I couldn't find a thread about this in the help section of the forums.

I imagine he means "make a new thread with a descriptive title" so he can find it easily whenever he skims Help.

Is it just me, or is the cave a bit laggier than normal? I have nice, speedy internet, but the cave is taking a good while to load anything. 😕

Edit: nvm. my modem just needed a restart.

Edited by Syiren

2 hours ago, KRABBIT said:

What's the most amount of CB prize dragons someone owns? 

A lot of people dont advertise they have even one. A small number have two and there likely at least one or two people that have three, but as far as I'm aware no one has more than that. 

Is it possible for a regular DC player like myself, to own a Spriter alt dragon? I just love them and I was wondering today