Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

13 minutes ago, UltimateTH said:

Does anyone know how long it takes for newly released breeds to show up in the marketplace and get their encyclopedia entries? I don't recall the new Xeno release taking this long...

You have to view them to unlock them. Try the hatcheries and the Encyclopedia Helpers thread!

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/164308-encyclopedia-helpers

Edited by Lagie

46 minutes ago, Lagie said:

You have to view them to unlock them. Try the hatcheries and the Encyclopedia Helpers thread!

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/164308-encyclopedia-helpers

But I've looked at/clicked well over 100's of of the new starlight eggs by now, and still nothing...? I don't see the egg in the market with a 'view more of these to unlock'. I don't even know what either of the new breeds are called. I just figured it and the new drake just haven't been added, because SURELY it wouldn't take 100's of clicks on their eggs to unlock their market and pedia entries =\

Edit: Discord admin was a LOT more clear. It seems entries and marketplace eggs for new breeds don't start popping up until there is several adults growns from the new release, which takes a week (no incubation). So hopefully in a day or 2 they will show up. Crossing fingers.

Edited by UltimateTH

@random_dragon_collector Maybe you accidentally set the site to auto translate? Or someone wasn't able to communicate in English. ;) 

3 minutes ago, olympe said:

@random_dragon_collector Maybe you accidentally set the site to auto translate? Or someone wasn't able to communicate in English. ;) 

I don't know--I see it from time to time and the rest of the line is in English.  Not a big deal, of course.  :)

My browser recently switched itself to Tagalog. THAT was - not exciting...

16 hours ago, olympe said:

Nay, there is at least 1 player who posts their trades in German. I've seen them every now and then. (And I don't have any translation tools active.)

17 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I didn't even know what Tagalog is and had to google it... XD I can't imagine the not-excitement you had.

20 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

:P I laugh at this unexpected result. Although I think you mean Filipino.

Nota bene: Tagalog and Filipino are not the same. Filipino is our national language [i.e. of Philippines] while Tagalog is a dialect. Although Filipino is based from Tagalog, Filipino also gets terms from other dialects like the Southern dialect [Visayan].

Nota bene: Tagalog is from two words, "taga" and "ilog" which means "from" and "river" respectively. :D Seeing as I love water, I really appreciate this language etymology.

Edited by georgexu94

15 minutes ago, georgexu94 said:

Nota bene: Tagalog and Filipino are not the same. Filipino is our national language [i.e. of Philippines] while Tagalog is a dialect. Although Filipino is based from Tagalog, Filipino also gets terms from other dialects like the Southern dialect [Visayan].

Nota bene: Tagalog is from two words, "taga" and "ilog" which means "from" and "river" respectively. :D Seeing as I love water, I really appreciate this language etymology.

My browser occasionally looks at people's dragons' names and informs me they're in Tagalog, do I want to translate? I always say no!

3 hours ago, georgexu94 said:

Yes, I know. But I had to resort to "translate" at one point and Tagalog was what google translate said I had there ! It was very exciting - had I not been trying to buy on Amazon at the time (I had to switch browsers in the end.)

19 minutes ago, Charity322 said:

How did I get a blue dragon from breeding two red dragons? https://dragcave.net/lineage/cj6Gg Wanted to get a second red Pargulus Pygmy as I cannot seem to catch one.

Pargulus breedings produce random offspring, like the gemshards do.

19 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Pargulus breedings produce random offspring, like the gemshards do.

Damn, thought the colour of the mate influenced it. Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Charity322 said:

Damn, thought the colour of the mate influenced it. Thanks.

If it helps at all, the eggs sort with the proper color if you use breed sort. So you can predict before they hatch. 

3 hours ago, ADN6 said:

If it helps at all, the eggs sort with the proper color if you use breed sort. So you can predict before they hatch. 

Do they sort above or below the adults of that color?

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Do they sort above or below the adults of that color?

Oh man I can’t remember. I think wherever hatchies usually sort? If I remember correctly they sorted under the frozen hatchies of the corresponding color in my pargulus group but I’m not 100% positive on that. I’d do a quick check but I’m egglocked. 

2 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

They sort beneath corresponding adults, assuming you don't have reverse sort.

Thank you. I don't. So mine are both the correct color this time! Yay! :D

A question about breeding refusals.

If two dragons breed successfully, can those same two dragons later refuse to breed? (thus disallowing them from breeding ever again.)

11 minutes ago, Shione said:

A question about breeding refusals.

If two dragons breed successfully, can those same two dragons later refuse to breed? (thus disallowing them from breeding ever again.)

If they're two non-holiday dragons, they will always be compatible (and won't refuse ever) once they're a pair. They might not always produce, but they won't refuse.

If, however, one is a holiday dragon, and the first time you bred them was during that dragon's holiday period, it is possible for them to refuse if you breed them again outside the holiday period.

Just now, Lagie said:

If they're two non-holiday dragons, they will always be compatible (and won't refuse ever) once they're a pair. They might not always produce, but they won't refuse.

If, however, one is a holiday dragon, and the first time you bred them was during that dragon's holiday period, it is possible for them to refuse if you breed them again outside the holiday period.

Thank you for the info!

How do the spriters of the Arcana dragons seem to have like 60+ CB, all from 2018?