Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

On 7/26/2020 at 11:44 PM, hyrbidsiren said:

Okay, I've been trying to look all over the forums to see what the rule is, but are we allowed to advertise we have commissions open in our art thread? Like, for USD, not dragons?

I've IRL commissioned people through DC, but for this, I think it's ok to link it in your signature. If I recall, users post finished/WIP commission pieces in their art threads and then link offsite to commission info.  

Something odd, I got a PM today and when I went to reply it had this message: You cannot reply to this conversation because all other participants have left.

What happened?

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Something odd, I got a PM today and when I went to reply it had this message: You cannot reply to this conversation because all other participants have left.

What happened?

It means they deleted the conversation thread from their inbox. You'll need to start a new one instead of replying.

1 minute ago, DragonLady86 said:

It means they deleted the conversation thread from their inbox. You'll need to start a new one instead of replying.

Ah, ok. Thank you!

For several days now I have been unable to use Grid Custom Sort (the sort I use 99% of the time). I wondered if anyone else was having the same problem?

When I got to the page it comes up saying there's a script running. I have told it to stop running the script and not to ask me again. However, the page just hangs (I've left it for well over twenty minutes) and if I refresh the page the script message comes up again. I have tried it with three different browsers (Firefox, Pale Moon and IE) on both laptops and PCs and I have the same problem. The issue also exists with 'Table custom sort'.

A friend of mine has tried it and she too has the problem with Firefox. However, it works for her with Opera and Chrome.

Mine has been doing that from time to time. I just leave it for a while - I say "wait" and in the end the script runs. And yes, it's OK in Opera. It MAY be a cloudflare thing ? That has had huge issues recently. (Disclaimer: I have NO idea - but just throwing that out as a thought.)

Long-running scripts may also happen due to lack of available RAM. Firefox is specially bad with memory management, in my experience.

Possible solutions include:

- close some other progams?

- restart browser?

- restart computer?

16 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Long-running scripts may also happen due to lack of available RAM. Firefox is specially bad with memory management, in my experience.

Possible solutions include:

- close some other progams?

- restart browser?

- restart computer?

Thanks for the suggestions. However, I've done all of those things - I do them on a daily basis. Plus, I clear cookies & history each day.

35 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Mine has been doing that from time to time. I just leave it for a while - I say "wait" and in the end the script runs. And yes, it's OK in Opera. It MAY be a cloudflare thing ? That has had huge issues recently. (Disclaimer: I have NO idea - but just throwing that out as a thought.)

Thank you. At least I know it isn't just me. But sadly, the leaving it doesn't help. I've tried that. Yes, the script is indeed a Cloudflare thing (whatever that is) I copied the details the last time I tried to get it to work.

Edited by Nakeisha

WELL - you can monitor them:

https://www.cloudflarestatus.com

https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/history 

https://downdetector.com/status/cloudflare/map/

They fell over and it knocked over thousands of sites that rely on them a couple of weeks ago ! It even trended in twitter. I blocked them for a while, but so many sites won't work without....

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I was looking at my encyclopedia & I noticed that my Aeons, who've been used to precog something needed to be unlocked. It also says you need to own 3 or observe 15 in order to unlock the sprite. So I went precogged my eggs and hatchies & it still hasn't unclocked. (I have 8 eggs & 8 hatchies) Is this a glitch? Or do I need to scour the encyclopedia helpers page for some scrolls & hope they have precogged something. XD

I believe if you've observed them (been on their "view" page) recently when they were not in the active form, you won't get a second "observation" from viewing them again once they're glowing. You'll need to find some Aeons you haven't looked at that are activated to get the unlock.

(Just set all mine to glowing if you wanna poke a few: https://dragcave.net/group/55232 )

6 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

I believe if you've observed them (been on their "view" page) recently when they were not in the active form, you won't get a second "observation" from viewing them again once they're glowing. You'll need to find some Aeons you haven't looked at that are activated to get the unlock.

(Just set all mine to glowing if you wanna poke a few: https://dragcave.net/group/55232 )

Thanks not only for the quick reply, I usually find everything I need or have it to unlock things, but somehow I missed those. XD I did go to their pages after I made mine glow, but it didn't do anything, so I appreciate you taking the time to make yours glow for me! If you need anything, I have everything on my scroll viewable.

Thank you again! You're an angel! :D

EDIT: I've now unlocked my glowies! Thank you!! ❤️

Edited by kiramaru7

11 minutes ago, kiramaru7 said:

I did go to their pages after I made mine glow, but it didn't do anything

Probably because you were on their page just *before* you made them glowing. Individuals count once every 30 days for observations.

For the future, to get temporary sprites of your dragons, do NOT go to their view page. Go to their actions page from your scroll (the /dragons page), use the action that changes their sprite, and THEN look at their view page.

I have a question about the forums. While I know the cultural story behind this cuddly little monster called an "alot", alot, I am wondering the story behind the censor kipz mascot. **** Why is the icon of the censor a Mudkip?

If I remember correctly there was a story about kip years ago. I think it might be the shallow water release and splash intro. I know I missed most of it but someone  took a random comment by TJ and decided it was part of a bigger story. Which evolved exponentially into a massive explosion of spam with everyone adding to it. (Roleplaying belongs in the roleplay section only). TJ closed the topic as spam the came back and added a second closing post with multiple metaphors about the amount of spam. "If this topic was a bucket it would be overflowing" (LOL) sadly most of the "rescue kip" tale had already been removed when I got on so I don't know exactly what happened. Lol but so many warns were handed out it was pretty much an unofficial banned topic. 

Granted, it might be unrelated to that, but I am unaware of anything else it could have come from.

2 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

If I remember correctly there was a story about kip years ago. I think it might be the shallow water release and splash intro. I know I missed most of it but someone  took a random comment by TJ and decided it was part of a bigger story. Which evolved exponentially into a massive explosion of spam with everyone adding to it. (Roleplaying belongs in the roleplay section only). TJ closed the topic as spam the came back and added a second closing post with multiple metaphors about the amount of spam. "If this topic was a bucket it would be overflowing" (LOL) sadly most of the "rescue kip" tale had already been removed when I got on so I don't know exactly what happened. Lol but so many warns were handed out it was pretty much an unofficial banned topic. 

Granted, it might be unrelated to that, but I am unaware of anything else it could have come from.

:P That sounds like a story filled with drama.

23 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Probably because you were on their page just *before* you made them glowing. Individuals count once every 30 days for observations.

For the future, to get temporary sprites of your dragons, do NOT go to their view page. Go to their actions page from your scroll (the /dragons page), use the action that changes their sprite, and THEN look at their view page.

Thank you for explaining how I can temporary sprites to count in my encyclopedia! :D

in order to buy an egg at the Market, i need to unlock it in the Encyclopedia.  i've unlocked the Chicken hatchie and adult, but not the egg; does anyone have any thoughts on how to unlock the egg itself? would running the viewers on the hatcheries help, or do i have to click on and view the egg's page as well?  and... who's got a scroll full of chicken eggs for me to look at? XD

29 minutes ago, trystan said:

in order to buy an egg at the Market, i need to unlock it in the Encyclopedia.  i've unlocked the Chicken hatchie and adult, but not the egg; does anyone have any thoughts on how to unlock the egg itself? would running the viewers on the hatcheries help, or do i have to click on and view the egg's page as well?  and... who's got a scroll full of chicken eggs for me to look at? XD

You've gotta click on the egg's view page- I've found luck looking through AoND for eggs I need to unlock (particularly Dinos in my case)! Silvi's can also be pretty good for finding eggs to click (though there's much fewer eggs per screen)

54 minutes ago, trystan said:

There are a few trades on the trading hub right now with the word "chicken" in their description that have chicken eggs. 

1 hour ago, Paintra said:

You've gotta click on the egg's view page- I've found luck looking through AoND for eggs I need to unlock (particularly Dinos in my case)! Silvi's can also be pretty good for finding eggs to click (though there's much fewer eggs per screen)

good to know!

51 minutes ago, ADN6 said:

There are a few trades on the trading hub right now with the word "chicken" in their description that have chicken eggs. 

oooh, thanks, probably wouldn't have thought of that....

Does anyone know how long it takes for newly released breeds to show up in the marketplace and get their encyclopedia entries? I don't recall the new Xeno release taking this long...