Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

When they grow up, they are either male, female or ungendered. The s1 and s2 hatchies are the same for all three:

But do they have a symbol like the female/male symbols? can you tell them apart at the second stag?

1 hour ago, sburb-player said:

But do they have a symbol like the female/male symbols? can you tell them apart at the second stag?

No, they don't have any symbol, like mature dinos and papers/cheese dragons. You can tell the s1 and s2 apart by the sprites, obviously, but also the text on the individual's page, the "Looks like it's close to maturing!" text.

8 minutes ago, Kegluneq said:

I don't believe my eyes but, could somene tell me if this https://dragcave.net/lineage/IrP8q is a Sulfur? So I infiuence it properly ^^

Yep! It's from the volcano :) Also, you can sort your scroll by breed if you already have some on there!

Edited by Paintra

7 minutes ago, Paintra said:

Yep! It's from the volcano :) Also, you can sort your scroll by breed if you already have some on there!

Thank you!! ^^

Yes, I have some Sulfurs but my eyes are somewhat tired and I'm having a hard time distinguishing the colors between Sulfurs and Rainbows xD

It's the first CB Sulfur I caught in years and I need a Male one ^^

1 hour ago, Kegluneq said:

Yes, I have some Sulfurs but my eyes are somewhat tired and I'm having a hard time distinguishing the colors between Sulfurs and Rainbows xD

It's the first CB Sulfur I caught in years and I need a Male one ^^

Congrats! :D

On 8/31/2020 at 5:35 PM, sburb-player said:

You can, the genderless just change sprite with no symbol. If you had one of each hatchie on your scroll s2, one would have each symbol and one would have neither.

Is there a Fails lineage (project) at the moment? Looong ago somebody asked me if I'm ok with them continuing /reworking my idea of keeping failed non-hybrids in breeding, and I just happened upon a dragon who'd be awesome if I could breed it to a fail-soulpeace or fail-amalthean. Alternatively, can someone point me to a thread where I could arrange for a 5eg pure white egg? (I'd gladly trade something nice for it)

3 hours ago, Darth Krande said:

Is there a Fails lineage (project) at the moment? Looong ago somebody asked me if I'm ok with them continuing /reworking my idea of keeping failed non-hybrids in breeding, and I just happened upon a dragon who'd be awesome if I could breed it to a fail-soulpeace or fail-amalthean. Alternatively, can someone point me to a thread where I could arrange for a 5eg pure white egg? (I'd gladly trade something nice for it)

I collect white dragons and have been working on my own lineage with the soulpeace fails I've picked up. I'm going to do a PB white lineage too at some point. XD  

The best I could do would be a sibling to this but I don't know if that's what you're looking for. 

I've never really found a for-sure answer for this: Can two non-Staterae Xenos still breed a Stat? I know that's how the first ones were bred during the release, but I haven't seen any recently. Is it still possible?

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I've never really found a for-sure answer for this: Can two non-Staterae Xenos still breed a Stat? I know that's how the first ones were bred during the release, but I haven't seen any recently. Is it still possible?

I bred a Staterae from a Ke'maro recently, so I assume it happens, but it's uncommon.

image.png.b0ce3e5c76f4c103ea647bdb7744ff2f.png

7 hours ago, Paintra said:

10 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I also bred one moments ago, but it was xeno x xeno:

https://dragcave.net/progeny/1AW8Q

Anyone else have this happen?

image.thumb.png.26d5012d025afb5ae33aa418af5d6ea4.png

Picked up an egg from the cave and this is how it showed up.on the "get" page. When I click on the image, the egg shows just fine on the view page.

28 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Picked up an egg from the cave and this is how it showed up.on the "get" page. When I click on the image, the egg shows just fine on the view page.

One or twice in the past month, yes, actually! I always stupidly clicked it away before getting a screenshot. I had the impression it happened when there were multiple clicks of people at the same time, but that might not have been the cause.

1 hour ago, pinkgothic said:

One or twice in the past month, yes, actually! I always stupidly clicked it away before getting a screenshot. I had the impression it happened when there were multiple clicks of people at the same time, but that might not have been the cause.

I doubt that was the reason this time. It happened at about 2 minutes after the hour and the egg had been there since the hour drop. And it was a Split, which isn't usually in high demand.

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Yes. Mostly with xenos.

I've confused myself on Holidays. I know how long the breeding period is, but I've absolutely confused myself on other dates.

The new breeds release on the holiday date (Val is Feb. 14, Hal Oct 31, Xmas Dec 25) but when do the old breeds' CBs appear? Is it the same time as when the breeding period starts or ? 

I know this is probably posted somewhere but I just can't find it ^^'

Edited by Serotina

27 minutes ago, Serotina said:

I've confused myself on Holidays. I know how long the breeding period is, but I've absolutely confused myself on other dates.

The new breeds release on the holiday date (Val is Feb. 14, Hal Oct 31, Xmas Dec 25) but when do the old breeds' CBs appear? Is it the same time as when the breeding period starts or ? 

I know this is probably posted somewhere but I just can't find it ^^'

old CBs start with breeding yeah. There's a 7th biome that pops up along the others, can't miss it.

16 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

old CBs start with breeding yeah. There's a 7th biome that pops up along the others, can't miss it.

Thank you!

Weird question, but I seem to have noticed a few trades recently in the trade hub advertising SAlt lineages, where none of the dragons in the lineage... actually appeared to be spriter's alts. Is it possible I'm egregiously misunderstanding the terminology, or were these people incorrectly advertising the dragons????

Edited by kiyye

4 minutes ago, kiyye said:

Weird question, but I seem to have noticed a few trades recently in the trade hub  advertising SAlt lineages, where none of the dragons in the lineage... actually appeared to be spriter's alts. Is it possible I'm grievously misunderstanding the terminology, or were these people incorrectly advertising the dragons????

It's probably people misunderstanding what Salt lineages are. There's currently a trade advertising 2gs from SAlts, except... they're just normal halloween dragons. You're 100% correct on the terminology, don't worry!

Although, there are a couple Salts I sometimes have trouble identifying. Not in the case above, but one of the mutamore alts and the shadow walker alts can sometimes be hard to spot in a lineage if you aren't familiar. I know I've definitely thought that a dragon wasn't a salt before, even if it was ^^

1 minute ago, Paintra said:

It's probably people misunderstanding what Salt lineages are. There's currently a trade advertising 2gs from SAlts, except... they're just normal halloween dragons. You're 100% correct on the terminology, don't worry!

Although, there are a couple Salts I sometimes have trouble identifying. Not in the case above, but one of the mutamore alts and the shadow walker alts can sometimes be hard to spot in a lineage if you aren't familiar. I know I've definitely thought that a dragon wasn't a salt before, even if it was ^^

Thank you!! Glad I am not going crazy haha. I was probably looking at the same trade you mentioned, and I was seriously squinting at those dragons trying to see where the recolor was 😂