Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

29 minutes ago, Lady Aracne said:

Is it possible for a regular DC player like myself, to own a Spriter alt dragon? I just love them and I was wondering today

IIRC, there are a couple SAlts owned by conceptors for some older holiday dragons. Other than that, I don't believe so.

Edited by Paintra

Just now, Paintra said:

IIRC, there are a couple SAlts owned by conceptors for some older holiday dragons. Other than that, I don't believe so.

Thank you very much for answering ;)

It's 11:20 pm site time and I just grabbed a Sunstone dragon from the cave??? Shouldn't Moonstones be dropping now?

9 minutes ago, ValidEmotions said:

It's 11:20 pm site time and I just grabbed a Sunstone dragon from the cave??? Shouldn't Moonstones be dropping now?

Sunstones and moonstones drop throughout the whole day and are purely random. They're unrelated breeds that just happen to have identical descriptions, not time-based drops.

I was looking at Siyat dragons and it's very confusing.

Eggs cannot hatch until they have 4 days or less remaining.

But to get one of the variants the egg has to hatch when it has between 7 days & 4 days 1 hour left.

Do siyats break the 'eggs cant hatch above 4 days' rule?

Edited by Shione

It's not about days left (which can be changed by Incubate), it's about the egg's age.

An egg that is 2 days old and incubated will display "4 days left" and can hatch (given enough views).

An egg that is 2 days old and NOT incubated will display "5 days left" and cannot hatch.

Green Siyats hatch as long as they are less than 3 days old when hatching. This can be done either by incubating them or using Earthquake (risky!)

2 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

It's not about days left (which can be changed by Incubate), it's about the egg's age.

An egg that is 2 days old and incubated will display "4 days left" and can hatch (given enough views).

An egg that is 2 days old and NOT incubated will display "5 days left" and cannot hatch.

Green Siyats hatch as long as they are less than 3 days old when hatching. This can be done either by incubating them or using Earthquake (risky!)

TYVM!

A few people were discussing getting a Paper dragon and mentioned they cannot buy it in the market even though they have it unlocked in the encyclopedia, but I see that I do have Papers available in the market. Do you need to already own one for it to be available?

26 minutes ago, rika84 said:

A few people were discussing getting a Paper dragon and mentioned they cannot buy it in the market even though they have it unlocked in the encyclopedia, but I see that I do have Papers available in the market. Do you need to already own one for it to be available?

They need to unlock the egg in the Encyclopedia. Unlocking the hatchling or adult sprites won't help for the Market.

Halloween dragons are the only Holiday dragons that don't have CB limits, correct? Its been a while since I played through all of the holidays 😅

7 minutes ago, flower1818 said:

Halloween dragons are the only Holiday dragons that don't have CB limits, correct? Its been a while since I played through all of the holidays 😅

Yep! They're also the only consistent holidays with both male and females (some valentines and winter holiday dragons are both, but it's very weird and hard for me to remember which XD)

2 minutes ago, sburb-player said:

Just to confirm: You can't freeze a Guardian of Nature as a hatchie correct?

You can. They will still count towards your GoN limit as a frozen hatchie. You cannot abandon them (either as hatchies or eggs), but you can release a frozen hatchie.

17 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

You can. They will still count towards your GoN limit as a frozen hatchie. You cannot abandon them (either as hatchies or eggs), but you can release a frozen hatchie.

Thanks! also yikes, but I guess you could kill a frozen hatchie and get the spot back.. may probably. (The idea is giving me anxiety just thinking about it lmao) 

23 minutes ago, sburb-player said:

also yikes, but I guess you could kill a frozen hatchie and get the spot back.. may probably.

Yeah, you can kill a gon and it'll get your slot back once the corpse disappears (or revive it as a zombie). Releasing is faster tho, if you just want your summon gon slot back asap.

8 hours ago, Paintra said:

some valentines and winter holiday dragons are both, but it's very weird and hard for me to remember which XD

Only winter: Holly and Mistletoe, and only the bred ones. (A few female CB Hollies exist only as prizes from back when raffles were a winter holiday thing.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

11 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Yeah, you can kill a gon and it'll get your slot back once the corpse disappears (or revive it as a zombie). Releasing is faster tho, if you just want your summon gon slot back asap.

Oh cool! I didn't know that freed up a slot. The wiki only says you can get a slot back after killing a hatchie (dead adults still take up a spot) or biting one of your GoNs. 

Simple question which I should know the answer to:

What breeds are referred to as Metallics, and which are the Elementals?

Metals are Gold, Silver, and Coppers, but mostly the first two I think? No idea on elementals. 

Some folks consider Tinsel and Shimmers to be Metallics too. There isn't really a site-wide consensus as far as I know. Same with Elemental dragons, I don't know what that refers to - maybe Elemental Affinity? I've played for a long time and never seen a list of 'elemental' dragons outside that sort of thing.

The only thing that comes to my mind when someone's asking for Elementals are Xenos. And only because I have this post of Birdz in mind:

Quote from there:

I hope you guys enjoy the new six to complete the elemental set.

5 hours ago, Justie said:

Simple question which I should know the answer to:

What breeds are referred to as Metallics, and which are the Elementals?

As the person asking for Elementals on the hub was offering new Xenos I assumed they were asking for Trios.

They only joined this year and might still struggle with the DC-specific vocabulary.

Maybe PM them on the forum? They seem to have an account with the same name as the scroll.