Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

9 hours ago, Justie said:

Simple question which I should know the answer to:

What breeds are referred to as Metallics, and which are the Elementals?

Metallics are those that have a metal like appearance: gold, silver, copper, both prizes, and golden wyvern though the last is worth considerably less than the others.

Elementals, depends on context. Could be trios, xenos, could be alignments. I could also see avatars being meant. Though my first thought, before reading the other replies was the "Captain Planet" release (nocturne, bluna, electric, canopy. + heart egg)https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Category:2010-01-15_Mid-Winter_Madness_release

Has it always been so that the precognition message for low-time (under three days) eggs still includes the "it's future may still be influenced" part even though the ifluence BSA can't be used on them? Or has it changed? I started to wonder about this some days ago as the wiki says the message depends on whether the egg can still be influenced or not, anyway I thought it would be better to ask here in case it used to be like that.

As far as I know, that text always has included that bit for eggs of 3 days or less, even though it made no sense anymore. Only hatchies don't show it anymore.

Maybe it's just to cover the fact that someone might influence, precog and later drop or teleport the egg (upon which influence would be cancelled and gender randomly re-assigned).

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I’m not sure if it’s a glitch, but I saw two dragons with 4-character codes instead of 5-characters. Was this the ‘norm’ before 5-character codes were implemented? Or, is it something else entirely?

11 minutes ago, Solaries said:

I’m not sure if it’s a glitch, but I saw two dragons with 4-character codes instead of 5-characters. Was this the ‘norm’ before 5-character codes were implemented? Or, is it something else entirely?

Yes, before 5-character codes there were 4-character codes! I'm not sure when exactly there was the switch, but I've got a few older dragons with 4-character codes. 

37 minutes ago, ADN6 said:

Yes, before 5-character codes there were 4-character codes! I'm not sure when exactly there was the switch, but I've got a few older dragons with 4-character codes. 

24 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

We switched from four didgt codes to 5 between April and July 2011. Basically the site got too big and there weren't any more 4 codes left.

Edit:

Looks like mid June, actually: 

https://dragcave.net/view/JkbK

https://dragcave.net/view/d3Fhb

I didn’t know that. I’m not sure if they’re worth trading for (their offspring), but I’m tempted to collect them now, lol. 😆 Thanks to you both!

This was the announcement for the code update and other changes:

There are no eggs showing up at the five minute drop in the desert, jungle and volcano biomes. Is this common during every biome-specific new release? I don't remember this happening before.

@Shadowdrake Oh, I see. Thanks for the clarification. :)

Edited by obelisk_light

7 minutes ago, obelisk_light said:

There are no eggs showing up at the five minute drop in the desert, jungle and volcano biomes. Is this common during every biome-specific new release? I don't remember this happening before.

Yes, this always happens. There are no old eggs for many hours during the new releases, so non-release biomes are always empty the first 6-12 hours or more.

17 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

This was the announcement for the code update and other changes:

Thanks! Will definitely check it out.

Are spriters notified before a new release of their dragon? I feel like I've seen some new releases where a spriter seemed surprised, like they didn't know their dragon was going to be released then... I don't mean like 'this dragon has been accepted' or whatever, but actually being notified 'hey this month's release will contain your breed'.

Does pressing cancel or the escape key on the "Are you sure you wish to remove (thing) from (group)?" still remove it from the group?

25 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

Does pressing cancel or the escape key on the "Are you sure you wish to remove (thing) from (group)?" still remove it from the group?

..... Apparently yes, it still removes the thing. Might want to make a thread for it, that's got to be a bug. 

I don't have any Staterae (Xenowyrm) eggs. Will I not be able to buy them from the market until I've caught a caveborn one?

@Charity322  You can buy them in the Market even if you have never caught one. (I did, because I never even saw one in the cave.)

If you can't see them in the Market, I think it's because you don't have the egg unlocked in the encyclopedia yet. You can click Staterae eggs in hatcheries to unlock it.

6 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

@Charity322  You can buy them in the Market even if you have never caught one. (I did, because I never even saw one in the cave.)

If you can't see them in the Market, I think it's because you don't have the egg unlocked in the encyclopedia yet. You can click Staterae eggs in hatcheries to unlock it.

Ah thanks! I thought that you couldn't unlock them until you'd caught one.

51 minutes ago, Charity322 said:

Ah thanks! I thought that you couldn't unlock them until you'd caught one.

Clicking 5 different ones counts as much as 1 owned.

I gather it's to do with their being a single breed in the encyclopaedia.,

53 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I gather it's to do with their being a single breed in the encyclopaedia.,

Totally unlike Coppers? Which ARE in the Market?

(I think Zyus have just been forgotten)

There WAS an answer, many moons ago.

But can you see anyone wanting to buy a Zyu egg without knowing which you'd get ? You DO know in the biomes - as you do with coppers, actually.

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

There WAS an answer, many moons ago.

But can you see anyone wanting to buy a Zyu egg without knowing which you'd get ? You DO know in the biomes - as you do with coppers, actually.

Like @Ruby Eyes said, all three Copper variants can be bought from the Market. Surely something similar can be done for the Zyus?

All I recall is that there WAS an answer given and I have no idea what it was any more....

Edited by Fuzzbucket