Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

11 hours ago, Paintra said:

Although, there are a couple Salts I sometimes have trouble identifying. Not in the case above, but one of the mutamore alts and the shadow walker alts can sometimes be hard to spot in a lineage if you aren't familiar. I know I've definitely thought that a dragon wasn't a salt before, even if it was ^^

Winter Magi, too. This is Saltkin. Notice the silver of the wings, shoulders and arms is gold in the Salt? You can only just barely tell! :) It's that subtle.

6 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Winter Magi, too. This is Saltkin. Notice the silver of the wings, shoulders and arms is gold in the Salt? You can only just barely tell! :) It's that subtle.

Yes, that's right! I knew I was forgetting one. Thanks! :D

Can I set up forum notifications so I get an in-browser notification even if I don't have the forum opened in any tab? I thought that was how in-browser notifications worked, but I only get them after I open the forum, which is kind of useless to me. I use Firefox if it matters.

17 hours ago, aeriae said:

Can I set up forum notifications so I get an in-browser notification even if I don't have the forum opened in any tab? I thought that was how in-browser notifications worked, but I only get them after I open the forum, which is kind of useless to me. I use Firefox if it matters.

That would require the DC forums to have direct access to your computer/browser in order to send you the notification while it's not open, so no.

Edited by Seay

Was the Fertility BSA tweaked at some point to completely prevent refusals, or did I imagine that? I know that using Fertility reduces the chances of refusal, but is it foolproof these days? Can't find any recent (2019–2020) threads to make sure, so it seems that my memory has betrayed me.

I think it is still possible for a pair to refuse even with fertility, but the chance is drastically reduced. I'm petty sure I had a Turpentine refuse in spite of fertility,but they are notoriously picky breeders. I do a lot of breeding of new pairs and that is the only one I can recall.

6 hours ago, Seay said:

That would require the DC forums to have direct access to your computer/browser in order to send you the notification while it's not open, so no.

Actually it is possible through Mozilla's web push. Apparently the forum doesn't do that though.

ETA another question. The wiki page about Halloween says

A special Halloween biome also becomes available, allowing users to pick up cave-born eggs of past Halloween dragons.

is this true? I'm just now coming back after a 3-year break and I was regretting that I didn't have the chance to pick up CBs of the last Halloween breeds. Does this mean I'll have a chance to get them this year?

Edited by aeriae

Most likely. We had them for a few years in a row now (since 2017, I think), so it's likely that it'll return this year as well - same with holiday and valentine's dragons.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

On 9/20/2020 at 3:08 AM, aeriae said:

15 hours ago, aeriae said:

Actually it is possible through Mozilla's web push. Apparently the forum doesn't do that though.

It is indeed possible, but I believe the last thing Invision has said is that it has poor support on iOS/Safari so they aren't investing in it?

Why am I getting, "As you reach the summit of the mountain, you see many large dragons scattered about, some with hatchlings.

You expected to see some eggs, but there are none to be found." when I go to the Cave? :(

2 minutes ago, AesSedai said:

Why am I getting, "As you reach the summit of the mountain, you see many large dragons scattered about, some with hatchlings.

You expected to see some eggs, but there are none to be found." when I go to the Cave? :(

New release is happening, so eggs are taken fast. Try to be there at the 5-minute shuffles?

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

New release is happening, so eggs are taken fast. Try to be there at the 5-minute shuffles?

I've been at four 5-minute shuffles at the top of the minute mark so far with no change. Regardless of which habitat. I wonder if it's my internet connection...?

9 minutes ago, AesSedai said:

I've been at four 5-minute shuffles at the top of the minute mark so far with no change. Regardless of which habitat. I wonder if it's my internet connection...?

Alpine, Desert and Volcano will probably stay empty for another couple of hours (your quote above says you've tried in Alpine). Stick to the Coast, Jungle & Desert for a chance at the new eggs?

Just now, Ruby Eyes said:

Alpine, Desert and Volcano will probably stay empty for another couple of hours (your quote above says you've tried in Alpine). Stick to the Coast, Jungle & Desert for a chance at the new eggs?

Oh, thank you! Are they a limited release or will they stick around?

2 minutes ago, AesSedai said:

Oh, thank you! Are they a limited release or will they stick around?

Unless it's a holiday drop (31st of October, 25th of December or 14th of February), releases are generally not limited.

(It will generally say in TJ's announcement post when something is available only for X days.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

On 9/21/2020 at 12:38 PM, Ruby Eyes said:

Most likely. We had them for a few years in a row now (since 2017, I think), so it's likely that it'll return this year as well - same with holiday and valentine's dragons.

Yay! The FAQ that the biome appeared on "2017 Halloween and Christmas events, and the 2018 Valentine's event", so I wasn't sure whether that was a one-time thing or if the FAQ was outdated. Thanks for clearing that up!

9 hours ago, TJ09 said:

It is indeed possible, but I believe the last thing Invision has said is that it has poor support on iOS/Safari so they aren't investing in it?

Well, that's a pity. 😕

What are the egg descriptions for the new eggs?  I couldn't find it under news.  Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Classycal said:

What are the egg descriptions for the new eggs?  I couldn't find it under news.  Thanks.

This egg shakes slightly when taken out of the light. Found in Forest.

You hear a soft melody as you approach this egg. Found in Coast & Jungle.

Not sure if they’re found in other biomes.

Edited by Solaries

"You hear a soft melody as you approach this egg."

Jungle/Coast

"This egg shakes slightly when taken out of the light."

Forest