Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

35 minutes ago, Twilight_Moon_Racer said:

I've got a question what are the odds that the bsa earthquake will work and hatch an egg early you see I'm trying to get all the Siyat colors and thought I've tried every week to get the early color variation I always wind up killing all my eggs every time so I was wonder if about the odds of that bsa working?

The odds of success are dreadful! I would never use earthquake to try to hatch an egg. As Tabs says, use the Red dragon's incubate instead. That is all you need to get the green Siyat.

Anyone else getting really bad lag on the main site tonight? I only noticed because the hatchery I was using kept freezing and not loading things correctly, but now I realize most DC pages I open are taking much longer then normal to load.

Nope, but this is 4 hours later so not sure if you're still having the problem on your end.

Does anyone know how to fix dublicated groups? I created one, added my Graves (by selecting one and then "Add same breed") and clicked Create. Then on the group page I clicked "Add dragons" and selected all my other Halloween breeds and also chose "Add same lineage" option. Now there are two groups by the same name, one of which only has the Graves, and the other that has the rest of the dragons I added. They register as the same, though, because I can't add the Graves to the other group and viceversa. Anyone know what to do? 

edit. By not being able to add Graves, I mean they're not visible on the list when I try to add them through the group's page's "Add dragons" option. On the dropdown list on the dragon's page, they're checked in both groups.

Edited by hedy

There's no reason you shouldn't be able to add the graves to the other group - that I don't get - it should work that you go into the group where you want them, click add dragons, find a grave and add all of that breed. But it sounds like the best solution would be to delete the one with only the graves and then add them to the other group.

Worst case (and it isn't THAT bad) delete both groups and start a new one.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Adding dragons should not create a new group. If it really did, this sounds like a glitch that needs its own thread so TJ can see it.

First try clearing cache and cookies though, I'd suggest :)

Mad thought - but I suppose it hasn't gone over into two pages ? I thought I'd lost some dergs from my BSA group once, but they were on page 2 :wacko:

A random question, idk if this has been asked before.

If an almost maturing hatchling was sent to the AP, do they just automatically grow up and become wild dragons at 4 days left? Or do they wait for an owner to transform them into an adult? XD

6 minutes ago, BlueLatios said:

A random question, idk if this has been asked before.

If an almost maturing hatchling was sent to the AP, do they just automatically grow up and become wild dragons at 4 days left? Or do they wait for an owner to transform them into an adult? XD

If they grow up in the AP they will become wild dragons.  Supposedly an egg needs a final view to hatch and a hatchling needs one to grow so I guess if they didn't get it they might stick around longer.  but hatchlings disappear very quickly in the AP.

2 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

If they grow up in the AP they will become wild dragons.  Supposedly an egg needs a final view to hatch and a hatchling needs one to grow so I guess if they didn't get it they might stick around longer.  but hatchlings disappear very quickly in the AP.

Yea, they sure do disappear quickly in the AP. Now I'm part of that cause :D

I know this comes up from time to time but I can not remember if there is a fix for this. I was clicking on my newest batch of eggs and three of the eight don't show a click. I've clicked them multiple times, clicked on actions and show code, often that works to get the click to register but these three are being stubborn right now. Why does this happen and is there something else I can do to get the clicks to register? I know it isn't the biggest deal but it annoys me anyway. In the past I've even had my friend click on an egg and it still wouldn't register the click. Often they will at some later time.

1 hour ago, annageckos said:

I know this comes up from time to time but I can not remember if there is a fix for this. I was clicking on my newest batch of eggs and three of the eight don't show a click. I've clicked them multiple times, clicked on actions and show code, often that works to get the click to register but these three are being stubborn right now. Why does this happen and is there something else I can do to get the clicks to register? I know it isn't the biggest deal but it annoys me anyway. In the past I've even had my friend click on an egg and it still wouldn't register the click. Often they will at some later time.

I sometimes find trying again the next day can work, and if nothing else they tend to pick up a few clicks once they've been in a hatchery. But for now I've clicked those pesky eggs for you so they're on 1 click now :) 

Edit: Forgot to mention, clicking them from the lineage page sometimes works for me, too.

Edit2: Using another browser's a great suggestion, @Dracaena! I've never thought of that, I'll have to remember it, thanks!

Edited by Alectrona

39 minutes ago, annageckos said:

What I do when I have one that refuses to register a click is open a different browser that I'm not currently logged in with.  Logged in with chrome, look at scroll in internet explorer (not logged in) and click!  I'm sure any browser you like will work it seems to be unlogged that does the trick, but I can't get a click if I stay in chrome and just log out and view scroll.  Weird internet is weird. 

Thank you @Alectrona for the clicks. And thanks for the tips, in my irritation I completely forgot to try on a different browser. Give it some time, I'm sure I'll forget again.

So when the site looks for people with multiple accounts are they looking specifically for two accounts with the same IP address? I'm asking this as my family currently share one laptop, and I have my own account, but my mother lol, wants to make an account too cause she just likes clicking eggs and giving views to stuff. I just don't want my account to be under scrutiny or deleted cause someone thinks I have multiple accounts coming from the same computer and IP.

20 minutes ago, TerraAnne said:

So when the site looks for people with multiple accounts are they looking specifically for two accounts with the same IP address? I'm asking this as my family currently share one laptop, and I have my own account, but my mother lol, wants to make an account too cause she just likes clicking eggs and giving views to stuff. I just don't want my account to be under scrutiny or deleted cause someone thinks I have multiple accounts coming from the same computer and IP.

The mods have several ways to check. TJ has always said it is okay for different people to play in one place so long as you stick to your own scrolls.

What Lagie said. I got my husband to play too and sent a mod our scroll names so they know that we are not multi-scrolling

1 hour ago, TerraAnne said:

Same IP alone is not a red flag.  Many users have family members in the same house that play.  different play styles and/or naming schemes often indicate they are not the same person.  but if you are worried about it you can message a mod or TJ with your family members scroll names to let them know.  :)

1 hour ago, DragonLady86 said:

Same IP alone is not a red flag.  Many users have family members in the same house that play.  different play styles and/or naming schemes often indicate they are not the same person.  but if you are worried about it you can message a mod or TJ with your family members scroll names to let them know.  :)

Great if it isn't just same IP then we should be fine. I don't think she intends or cares enough to name hers anyway. Even if she does I know that she likes normal sounding names Like Frank or something lol. All of mine are very unique or strange sounding so there shouldn't be a problem then.

Thanks so much for the quick answer.  :D

How rare are Coppers considered these days (CB RED coppers and CB GREEN coppers)? I can't find a green for the life of me. I fulfilled one IOU for a green copper, but still owe another. I have TWO red CB Coppers, both of which are apparently not enough for a Green. I also have a female CB Ice that I can't trade for ANYTHING. Are Trios just...not worth anything anymore? Not a complaint, just a question about rarity. Not sure whether it goes here or not, but I don't want to make a new thread about something silly like this.

Not sure where to put this, but I'm very confused right now.... I just saw an adult Ash dragon in a hatchery, which I thought was odd because I didn't think anyone should be able to get adults for a few hours yet. So I clicked it....  It says it was hatched in one day?! I thought only TJ's could do that. I double-checked the new release thread and that isn't either of the Ashes that are in TJ's post... Is it possible TJ has a third, unposted Ash? Or is it somehow possible for a 'regular' user to have hatched that one in one day?

Edited by HeatherMarie
editing out link in case it's not allowed

4 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Not sure where to put this, but I'm very confused right now.... I just saw an adult Ash dragon in a hatchery, which I thought was odd because I didn't think anyone should be able to get adults for a few hours yet. So I clicked it.... (I hope it's okay to put a lineage link here? It's grown... Linkie) It says it was hatched in one day?! I thought only TJ's could do that. I double-checked the new release thread and that isn't either of the Ashes that are in TJ's post... Is it possible TJ has a third, unposted Ash? Or is it somehow possible for a 'regular' user to have hatched that one in one day?

Perhaps they successfully Earthquake hatched an egg?

1 minute ago, MiserablePileOfSecrets said:

Perhaps they successfully Earthquake hatched an egg?

..... I feel stupid now, lol. I totally forgot that was even a thing.