Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I didn't know mail COULD be full any more...

Are maintenances long sometimes? (Is it another new release? :D)

knew it >.>

Edited by BlueLatios
nevermind

10 hours ago, Montre said:

It keeps saying they can't receive mail?

That usually means they have blocked you... I tested with the member you mentioned in another thread and it went through just fine.

Actually, blocking you doesn't even give you that kind of feedback. It just sends and the blocking recipient gets the option to still read the message (and gets a copy of the message in the notification email as well, as I noticed when I received a message by someone whose PMs I specifically blocked)

The message above may come from 2 reasons: 1 they disabled the messenger for themselves, or 2 their inbox was already full when the forum upgrade happened, and they never cleared it out or even visited it to reset that flag.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Argh!  I accidentally incubated my Siyat!  Is it automatically green, even if I hold it until i has 23 hours or less instead of 1 hour and 23 or hours or less left?  Shoot!  Next time--Siyats get fogged immediately!

14 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That usually means they have blocked you... I tested with the member you mentioned in another thread and it went through just fine.

Then they may have been lying when they said they were having trouble with mail. Or maybe you mailed them after they said they cleared their inbox?

Whatever I did to annoy them in the first place isn't clear to me, if so. But it's still fair- they could block me again if they want. I'm just glad they got the egg.

Anyway, I'm just replying because of the previous sentence- my problem's been solved. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Argh!  I accidentally incubated my Siyat!  Is it automatically green, even if I hold it until i has 23 hours or less instead of 1 hour and 23 or hours or less left?  Shoot!  Next time--Siyats get fogged immediately!

Nope incubating DOESN'T turn them green - you just need to wait until it hits 1d instead of 2d ;)

1 minute ago, Herk said:

Nope incubating DOESN'T turn them green - you just need to wait until it hits 1d instead of 2d ;)

Thank goodness!  Thanks!  Phew!

2 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Thank goodness!  Thanks!  Phew!

You could always transport it away and back. That would erase the incubate.

Is it normal for the encyclopedia view count to be broken? I've been viewing ND eggs and the counter refuses to register any live ones...but seems to count any dead ND eggs that I find. Pretty sure that isn't supposed to be a thing, unless I'm missing something.

How do you view the ND eggs? Are you clicking to their view page, going through the lineage page, or something else? Sometimes it doesn't register one way and you have to try multiple ways. Also, are these freshly-turned eggs that you may have clicked before they turned? They'll only count once, so if you clicked or opened their page before they became NDs they'll only count as the original breed (at least that's how it's always worked for me). 

I try to see the view page AND their lineage page, multiple times, I've heard doing a combo of both tends to register it. Yes, they are freshly turned but I haven't viewed them before that I'm aware of. I avoid hatcheries when I know exps are going on so I can try to register any eggs after.

Just thought I'd check and see if this was new or not. I'm guessing not.

Do pygmy wyrms have an undead sprite? I've been killing mine in preparation for the 31st, but it occurred to me I've never actually seen a sprite for one.

If there isn't a sprite for that body type yet, did I just waste all my kill slots/dragons for nothing? I'm not seeing a sprite for the pygmy wyrms on the unofficial Wiki either.

6 minutes ago, Nine said:

Do pygmy wyrms have an undead sprite?

Yes. Check the Zombie Success Stories thread, first post has the spreadsheet with all the types.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Oh good, glad to hear it! How nice that someone bumped that thread just now so I don't have to look for it either.

On 8/25/2018 at 10:08 PM, Montre said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but how do I get the attention of someone I finally found a wishlist egg for after weeks of hunting, when their mail is full? 

I really don't want to go and just abandon it, on the off chance someone else picks it up and makes them "pay" for it with rare eggs.

On 8/26/2018 at 8:38 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

12 hours ago, Montre said:

Then they may have been lying when they said they were having trouble with mail. Or maybe you mailed them after they said they cleared their inbox?

Whatever I did to annoy them in the first place isn't clear to me, if so. But it's still fair- they could block me again if they want. I'm just glad they got the egg.

Anyway, I'm just replying because of the previous sentence- my problem's been solved. Thanks!

Just tested this with a friend. Indeed you do seem to be able to send messages to a blocked member - so you're quite right - that really wasn't it. So what IS the point of blocking ?

But as far as I can tell one's inbox cannot fill up any more. All very odd. I messaged them moments after you posted, and it was fine and they answered I too am glad they got their egg..

ETA - it seems even TJ cannot help: I asked about this AGES ago.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure what's going on with my inbox. A few weeks ago, I tried looking for a PM that I know I received, and it was gone. I've also had other PMs disappear too for some reason, though I don't use the forums all that much so I never bothered to figure out what was going on. I figured if someone really wanted to get a hold of me, they'd find a way. XD  I usually never delete PMs, though I had started to delete some old messages before fuzz sent me a PM so I thought maybe that did the trick? Don't know if it was because of that or some other hiccup, and I apologize if my inbox boo-boos gave off the impression that I was randomly blocking people for no reason! I hope no one else who had tried to message me got caught with the same hiccup. :(  

Also, just yesterday, after I had cleared out my inbox of every message I have (save for the one I have that is an ongoing correspondence), suddenly a couple of PMs from six years ago showed up? I have no idea what's going on, but I think I'm gonna be in the habit of deleting all PMs where the conversation is "finished" and hope that having a nearly empty inbox will solve things. 

Though my personal and work e-mails will continue to be a mess as I save every single e-mail I get or send. Never know when that random e-mail your boss sent you from 2 years ago will come in handy! lol

ALL our past PMs show up these days - I have TRIED to delete loads of my ancient ones and they just reappear when I'm not looking. I said before this upgrade that the new PM system would be dire, and I was right (the other forum I was in that upgraded was so horrified that in the end they just closed down rather than put up with it !)

This is totally weird, really. I just deleted every single PM from my inbox - but when I click on the letter symbol on the top right corner of the screen, I'll get to see a couple of old to ancient PMs. 

I opened one of them, then chose Options => delete conversation and hit Okay to confirm this. When I click on the letter symbol again, the message is back from the dead. Even after a hard refresh. And even though all my PM folders still show as empty. *grumbles* I tried the proces around three or so more times, but the result is always the same. Some messages just seem to dodge the sword trash bin. Maybe I should try again in 24 hours?

Tales of the Unexpected.

Random ones resurface when you aren't looking...

Not yet - save for those same messages that always pop up when I click the letter symbol. (It's always the same ones.) My folders still show as empty. Yes, all folders.

ETA: Uh, found out something new. I can move the un-killable messages into my inbox folder using "OPTIONS". Once they are in the inbox folder (or any other, probably), I can actually delete them. It's a hassle, though, because each individual message needs to be clicked on, then moved to the inbox folder. At least you can delete them in a bunch.

Edited by olympe

I've got a question what are the odds that the bsa earthquake will work and hatch an egg early you see I'm trying to get all the Siyat colors and thought I've tried every week to get the early color variation I always wind up killing all my eggs every time so I was wonder if about the odds of that bsa working?

You're better off picking up some reds and incubating your eggs rather than earthquake them. In my experience, Earthquake has a low enough success rate (whether or not eggs are low-time) that it isn't worth risking killing your dragons.